Can you beleive it?

Options
cutieclaire
cutieclaire Member Posts: 134
Well I have had a case conference done at work, without me between an Atos Dr, HR and my line manager. My assesment report from Atos put the wrong info down but they went ahead anyway.

Apparently the fact that I cant hardly move at times and the fact that I was not on any other medication other than Tramadol and Naproxen (as I am being test, prodded and pocked in every direction) that my case is not server it is moderate, even though I am on steriods!!!!!

They dont seem to care about how much pain I have been in and how hard it has been. Jus to say it was moderate dont make me feel any better!!!!

Where do employers get off???

Sorry for moanng just gets to me really.

Claire

Comments

• annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Claire,

Is there anything you can do about this. It all seems a bit underhand and unfair. Do you have a union rep? I would definetly put in a formal complaint especially about the ATOS report.

Anne
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    edited 2. Apr 2010, 06:57
    Options
    Claire I know exactly what you mean, going through the same here, I have started to give up with people, HR here have no soul they just seem intent on destroying my life for sport. it's crazy totally beyond me.
  • rosie123
    rosie123 Member Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi Claire, I would get a copy of all of the sickness absence procedures and policies that apply to your work. I would go and get some advice from CAB if you do not have a union at work.

I find it unreal that they have held a meeting like that without you being present, did they have communications from GP and Consultants etc with their assessment of your condition and how it affects you on a daily basis and what happens when it gets worse during a flare.

I would be making sure they have followed all the procedures and rules that they should have done in your case. And have all the information that is needed to make an informed judgement.
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Claire,

It is a sad fact that your employers were probably acting within the law when holding this meeting in your absence as their internal mechanisms and contractual arrangements 'allow' for them to meet to discuss your 'case' without you being present!.

I had the same rotten dis-empowering experience with my employers and I had the union check out the legality of me being 'excluded'....only to find it was legal!.
    What I did do was demand a copy of the agenda and I submitted my own views in writing item by item for the meeting so that they had to be acknowledged and minuted....I also asked for a copy of the minutes after so that I could address any errors etc.

I would suggest that you/ union ask for a copy of the minutes and the agreed actions/ timescale etc. so that you can challenge what was said and agreed, especially as you believe it was based on erroneous information.
    You can also ask for (demand) another assessment as you do not believe the original covered / identified all of your needs under DDA....
    ...I did and had further assessments done that were professional thorough and accurate, so I know it is possible!!!.

keep using the union and keep on challenging anything the employers do that tramples on your rights.

it's the only way unfortunately that you will get the outcome you deserve.

Iris x
  • greeneyedlady
    greeneyedlady Member Posts: 25
    Options
    Can't your own rheumatologist send a letter rather than the doctor who is a prat? Cos surely your own physicin's view has to be more valid than somebody who hardly knows you.