Pup has chewed thru' the Sky+ cable!

wibberley
wibberley Member Posts: 421
edited 2. Apr 2010, 09:25 in Community Chit-chat archive
Been feeling so much better now meds have kicked in that I've resumed my puppy walking with guide dogs.

Wish I hadn't bothered as our current resident, Pasco, has eaten through the Sky+ cable - caught him playing tug-of-war with it outside!

Guess I'll be on the computer a fair bit until the engineer gets here......if ever!

Better get the Monopoly out for the kids!

Lois

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    oops hope he does not take long good luck
    val
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Thank god it wasn't a mains power cable or the poor old pup would be in low earth orbit and or in doggy Heaven!. :shock:
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    wibberley wrote:
    Been feeling so much better now meds have kicked in that I've resumed my puppy walking with guide dogs.

Wish I hadn't bothered as our current resident, Pasco, has eaten through the Sky+ cable - caught him playing tug-of-war with it outside!

Guess I'll be on the computer a fair bit until the engineer gets here......if ever!

Better get the Monopoly out for the kids!

Lois
    was going to say rub vics vapour rub on it to stop him biteing. My mum and dad puppy walk for guide dogs.

Julie
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    oooppppsss

Well no telly for you tonight. You will have to read a book or stay with u

Trish xx
  • wibberley
    Aaaaah, normal service resumed - engineer turned up at 8.30 this morning!

Pasco will not be allowed out of my sight from now on!

Thanks for the Vicks tip, Julie. I will remember that one. Unfortunately, it was on the outside wall - I think the wind had blown out one of the staples leaving the cable flapping around and Pasco decided it was time for a tug-of-war game....little monkey!

Lois x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Oh Lois chewing dog syndrome :roll: Its sort of like they know what will effect you the most and go after it :lol::lol::lol:

I live with a 'termite' he wouldn't be a good guide dog (I would hate to think where they would end up or how fast they would get there.....) He might have made a good drugs dog, well he clearly has a secret stash of something :wink:

He had my mates sky remote :shock: he also had 3 of her carving knives same visit and well I have developed a nervous persona if we visit anywhere now :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Mines 5 years old now and I never though he would be :lol::lol::lol: 6 slippers, 2 trainers and a thankful rescue of a hunter boot all in his first week...... and one arm chair a month, all blankets, covers, duvets (be I under them or not :roll: ) and dog beds but still top of the list was a bean bag trashed in a field...... took ages to get most of them up and only a reassurance will cure it :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hey you don't want to swap do you? I could paint him the right colour :lol::lol::lol:

Glad your meds are helping and you got it fixed :D good luck with this woofity :wink: ((( ))) Cris x
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Our pup has a thing about socks and underwear, you can't leave anything around as it's destroyed within seconds.
  • wibberley
    Cris, you're description of your mutt was brilliant. He does sound slightly crazy but bet you love him to bits!

Mellman, I know what you mean about undies - the first pup I trained for guide dogs used to swallow socks whole. One gulp and gone!

Heard him being a bit 'ill' one night and came down to find 4 reconstituted socks - quick 60 deg. wash and they were right as rain!

Managed to find an electrician who could replace the cable for 50 quid, so decided not to claim back from Guide Dogs.....am sure there could be something worse just round the corner!

The things we put up with......!

Lois x
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,898
    Hi Lois.
    why dont you get him a king kong you put treats in side and the pup has to get them out.
    good luck,
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx