update on yesterdays post ( something on my mind )

Options
only49
only49 Member Posts: 1,207
edited 1. Apr 2010, 12:30 in Community Chit-chat archive
hello thanks so much to all the peeps that posted on my post yesterday its so much appricaited so thanks.

now i got that out of the way, i can give you an update had a home visit from socail worker and spoke to him about my sons concens and also supported my son and helped him to say what he wanted to, which must not of been easy, but mum and dad where there, anyway we also said how we see how things are and did not shout or anything like that just stood our ground and he did not stand a chance as hubby is the best one at this kind of thing, and i also think that talking about it before hand also helped with son, and also sharing it with others as well, so i hope fingers crossed now he knows how we feel and also he knows how my son feels too, but we will see, trust has to be earnt.

sylvia
sylvia :)stern02.gif

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Was it about education or respite?They only visit me when they want to know what sort of respite I need and according to their budget (which is not a lot at the moment) they allocate some care. With arthritis I get a bit more than other peeps I know.It is much harder to look after special needs children when struggling yourself.
    I am currently worrying about Daniels next school and going for a few visits in April.
    Hope the holiday is going well for you?
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • only49
    only49 Member Posts: 1,207
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    Was it about education or respite?They only visit me when they want to know what sort of respite I need and according to their budget (which is not a lot at the moment) they allocate some care. With arthritis I get a bit more than other peeps I know.It is much harder to look after special needs children when struggling yourself.
    I am currently worrying about Daniels next school and going for a few visits in April.
    Hope the holiday is going well for you?
    Elizabeth
    hi elizabeth its to do with both really and them wanting to interfer as well, he was talking or trying to perswade duncan to do an overnight stay and we went having any off it, they seem to think they know it all at the moment, not for much longer though lol as the mediation regarding school and him is happeing on the week 19th april so they are going to get told, its a real shame that we had to do this but i guess you just have to sometimes and we will as duncan needs us and as hubby said all the time we are breathing in and out and alive we will always fight for duncan and not let him be pushed about

sylvia
    sylvia :)stern02.gif
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Options
    Glad to hear things are starting to go your way. My youngest son had speach problems when he was little and the nursery wanted to send him to a special needs one but i put my foot down and said no, he needed to be with children who could talk, i was sat in a room with teachers a speach therapist and a child theripist which was very intimidating but glad i stood my ground as he started speaking within months.

Julie
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi SYlvia

Good for you. I'm glad you took a stand to them.

It is not always nice to have to do these things. On the other hand you have to fight your corner because if you don't who will??

Trish xxx