New Hip Disclocated

ikesother
ikesother Member Posts: 171
edited 3. Apr 2010, 03:23 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi, Well it wasnt Bursitis after all, went to my docs, who sent me for an xray and blood tests. just a call from him to say that its out of the socket. Am now sat here waiting for a call from what will be a very angry surgeon. I am gutted, it was all going well , too well as it happens.will keep you all updated. jk

Comments

• Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    ikesother wrote:
    Hi, Well it wasnt Bursitis after all, went to my docs, who sent me for an xray and blood tests. just a call from him to say that its out of the socket. Am now sat here waiting for a call from what will be a very angry surgeon. I am gutted, it was all going well , too well as it happens.will keep you all updated. jk

so sorry that your news is not good ..... but at least you know what the problem is now .... and I really hope that there is a way to fix it for you.

thinking of you and sending hugs
    Wonky xxxxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    ikesother wrote:
    Hi that is awful, how long has it been since you had the hip replaced, or is it your own hip that has come out.
    I do hope you get something done right away, please let us know how you get on.
    Take care
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Hi JK

Sorry to hear your news.

How long did you have your hip replacement op if you
    dont mind me asking.

I was told that this can happen at any point, (I am 3 months
    on from a THR).

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Thinking it should be you thats angry and not the surgeon though.

Kath
  • tanith
    tanith Member Posts: 175
    Thats such a shame and I am sure painful. I guess you are going to have to have it relocated in the socket which I hope they can do without further surgery.. I remember this happened to someone on another board I belong to and she was told to be nil by mouth just in case an aneasthetic was necessary... good luck I hope they fix it soon...
    Our worst times are always our best lessons.
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Hi

Sorry to hear your news - they will have no option other than to put it right. Keeing my fingers crossed for you.

Sharmaine

ikesother wrote:
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    How dreadful, you poor thing. Can you think of a movement/ combination of movements that caused it to happen?
    On the plus side, now you know what the problem is you can get it put right. I have been told about dislocation being a possibility with THR but you are the first person I have ever heard say it happened to them. Will make me more aware of the risk.

I don't think the surgeon should be angry - what will that achieve? No one would dislocate their replacement on purpose!!

When is your appointment - surely is should be asap???

Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • quietwaters
    quietwaters Member Posts: 288
    hi JK
    ouch!!! so sorry this has happened to you, it sounds awful and very painful. As in earlier post, do you have any idea what caused it or when it might have happened? I do hope they can sort it out very quick for you. Is this going to mean surgery again? From your post it sounds like you were doing so well with everying, what a horrible set back. I hope it is sorted asap for you, please let us know what they intend to do and when.
    Thinking of you, Jay x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Jk,

I'm sure he wont be angry with you and so sorry its all gone a bit skewed........ I really hope they will soon get you sorted again and fingers crossed for you. Let us know wont you and sending you a ((( ))) and so much hope it will be ok again soon. Luv Cris x
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Oh crumbs that isnt nice. I think you had your hip replaced last year sept/oct time?
    This is a big fear of mine.I wonder how it happened.I hope the surgeon wont be angry as you have enough on your plate.I would like to think he will be sympathetic and want to help correct it as it must be so painful.

Take care
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • wibberley
    wibberley Member Posts: 421
    Oh dear, that doesn't sound too good.

I hope you manage to get it sorted soon, and don't feel guilty, none of it is your fault.

Lois x
  • ikesother
    ikesother Member Posts: 171
    ikesother wrote:

Thanks everyone for your replies. I was pulling my hair out at the time I posted :shock:
    I have slightly better news today, rang my surgeons secretary, he's looked at the xray and not as bad as they first thought. Apparantly its an unusual type disclocation :? Anyhow, cant get to see him until 13 April, but if it gets worse in the meantime, ive to go to A+E, in Sheffield, not at my local hospital. Oh and Im back on the crutches grr
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi JK

OMG!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Do take it steady wont you? 13th sounds a long way off to me :(

I am so sorry it has happened, but am sure they will help you and all will be well again soon.

Love

Toni xx
  • tanith
    tanith Member Posts: 175
    glad you came back to update us.. I agree with the other poster 2 wks sounds along way off... just take it easy and be very careful , I hope they can fix it easily
    Our worst times are always our best lessons.
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Glad you posted an update....I have a fear of this...I'm only 7 weeks THR....how long have you had your hip? and like others said....have you any idea what movements caused this or could have caused it?
    I'm so sorry this has happened...take it easy. It must be awful to beback on crutches again. Keep us updated
    Love
    Hileena
  • denpen
    denpen Member Posts: 389
    Hi jk
    You poor thing, well you have given us all something to think about I cant believe this long after your THR last August wasnt it? That you can still get a disclocation, you would think that once its all settled down after the 3 months that all would be good and it would stay in place. Hopefully it wont get any worse before you go see them in a couple of weeks. good luck for your appt. let us know how you get on.
    Take care.
    Denise.x
  • dolittle
    dolittle Member Posts: 240
    Hi JK,
    Am so sorry that this has happpened to you. Think it makes things worse when you feel the medics are 'angry' with you. As if we haven't enough to put up with.

I've been for a short break and spending another week with friends, so I'm a bit out of touch .... explainign for not having seen your post before. 10 days seems an eternity when you want help, but I hope it whips by for you and then you can get it sorted.

I have a very low pain threshold now and I can only admire how you folk with THRs and TKRs without delivering the whinge that would come from me.

Keep your pecker up .... and I wish you good luck when the day comes. You really should give up this pole dancing you know!
    Dolittle