On the cat walk today

suncatcher
suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
edited 10. Apr 2010, 02:20 in Community Chit-chat archive
First on the cat walk today is Yasmine
Yasmine is wearing a white, black and ginger coat designed by nature,
The coat is superbly made to very high standard It is a cascade of colour expoding all over her body, The front of the coat is white while this beautiful bouquet of colour trails to the back. It is made of top quality fur.
Yasmine says her hobby is watching birds out of her kitchen window. She tells me Two Robins have just moved into the ivy and are busy building a nest. The male Robin loves looking in and staring at Yasmine.
Yasmine has a beautiful caring nature and is fun loving effectionate and loves adventure.
Yasmine is single so she spends her evenings on the internet looking at the purrrfect partners web site.
Yasmine likes to sleep.
Her favourite toy is a small sheep which she has had from a baby.
Yasmine loves to eat she.ll try anything she says. Her main diet is whiskers cat food dry munchies and she like to finish that off with a large glass of the finest H2O.
Lets give a huge round of applause for yasmine.
next on the cat walk is

The competition is for any cat in the uk.You can have as many entrees as you like as long as they are feline.The cats must be accompanied by their owner at all times. The panal of judges chaired by our master rehab will decide who wins there decision is final. The panal is made up of anyone who is not takeing part in the competition thankyou.
Joanne

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    well i would like to introduce cuddles she likes to cuddle all those who are suffering with arther she says it makes her feel usfull she lives in a cafe and gets spoilt with chicken, salmon ect.
    o015.gif

she likes playing and washing
    g075.gif
    always there for those who need her. her best friends are a yak and cow
    val
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Joanne :D

Next comes Monster, one of our older competitors……

Monst is modelling a beautifully dense fluffy tri coloured coat with hint of mud effect for that added bonus.

Monsts lists her hobbies as head sleeping, her real joy is to wake the victim up by stopping them from breathing……., Rabbiting, Visiting nearby farms and panicking her mum by being late home. Frisking all visitors for possible treats, diving on plates as all food is hers and generally demanding love and attention.

Her ambitions are world domination but she is more like ‘Pinky’ than the ‘Brain’ :lol::lol::lol: and acquiring all lap rights and food tasting regardless of the objections that may be put up against her……..

Now who comes next?
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Next on the catwalk is Tommy Tucker, so named because he sings for his supper. He was a down-and -out , down on his luck cat before he found me and decided to move in with me 6 years ago. Now he lives a life of luxury, and has become a gourmet cat of the highest order. He refuses processed cat food, considering it all junk food, and eats fresh chicken and minced beef, although his favourite food is prawns. Not just any prawns though; only the finest king-sized ones meet his high standards.

Having found this luxury accommodation, he is extremely territorial, and spends a lot of his time patrolling his patch to make sure no intruders try to move in. He sits under the street sign on the corner because he is undoubtedly king of the cul-de-sac. He has become a well loved part of the neighbourhood, and people tell me that they always look out for him. They know they are home when they see Tommy guarding the street.

He is tabby and white, and very beautiful.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Next on the catwalk is Tillie modelling the most glorious multi-coloured one-piece. Cinnamon, orange, black, grey and light brown all in symmetrical markings riot along her back and are neatly finished with a grey and black striped tail and paws; in addition, she has a distinguishing bright orange central ring around her tail.

Tillie is one of the older entrants. Abandoned and unloved at the age of 4 she found a pair of suckers here some 12 years ago........she has a sweet nature mostly, but as age begins to tell is just as likely to bite your nose as kiss it.

Her hobbies include head-sleeping (for no other reason than she feels like it), bird-watching, mouse-hunting and fox-baiting.

She constantly refuses to believe she is 1,167 old (in cat years) and still has kitten fits in a mad attempt to trip up any human being still on their feet. She is also a catnip junkie.

And we love her to bits!
  • suncatcher
    What a lot of beautiful and talented entrants we have here this year. :D:D Remember we still have room for plenty more. Have you got a feline who would love to appear on the cat walk today ? :) We would love to see them come on its not too late to enter :D:D
    Joanne
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Next is Beano now she is a very proud cat. Her fur is thick, long and grey except her tail which looks as if she thought it was a paint brush and dipped it in white paint.

Beano is a very stay at home cat, she loves nothing better than to lounge in the sun. She became a mummy to six kittens and was a good caring mother.

Her favorite trick is to jump onto your shoulders when she is hungry and rub her face around yours. She purrs while doing this.

Beano spends hours cleaning her fur.

g075.gif
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Just remember that 99% of bats and 80% of all the song birds killed are by cats. cute they may be but nature equiped them with powerful tools, mind you on the up side cats are good for bumble bees as they predate on field mice who as it happens raid bees nest, and they also keep rat numbers under control so they do have an up side!.
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    mellman01 wrote:
    Just remember that 99% of bats and 80% of all the song birds killed are by cats. cute they may be but nature equiped them with powerful tools, mind you on the up side cats are good for bumble bees as they predate on field mice who as it happens raid bees nest, and they also keep rat numbers under control so they do have an up side!.

How do cats kill bats?? Bats fly and hang upside down high up.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    trisher wrote:
    mellman01 wrote:

How do cats kill bats?? Bats fly and hang upside down high up.

hey you got your thinking cap on today would not have tought of that
    val
  • annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    Next on the catwalk is Mischa a beautiful black and white pampered puss. She has a glossy soft coat which she keeps in immaculate condition.

She loves nothing more than eating and sleeping. Her bed of course is Mummy & Daddy's bed which she takes over and is really hers which she allows us to share.

She is 3 1/2 and has shared our life since she was 9 weeks old and really does think she is human.

Mischa loves snuggling especially her Mummy. She is very astute at knowing her Mummy's moods and is always there for her to cheer her up. She is also a chatty little cat and likes nothing better than a long chat.

Anne
  • suncatcher
    I think rehab our chair of the panal has gone off to the cane and able again. The panal need the great leader to chair the panel of judges. :shock:
    Any one who stumbles over rehab in his usual intoxicated state on the cane and able floor please can you give him some strong coffees to sober him up and send him to the venue to judge the contest. 8)
    Anyone who is still wishing there cat to join the cat walk, along with our other stunning competiters. You have still got time to join in. It will take a while to sober UP our chair of the panal of judges. Thank you :D
    Joanne
  • suncatcher
    cris has got a room all to herself as she has brought so many cats. The competition is going to be a long one i feel it will take a lot of time to get though all criss cats. :lol:
    I have had a special delivery of cat food all types luxury meals for tommy tucker and others with high standards. We have luxury suites for our specal felines. thankyou :D
    Joanne
  • skezier
    Thanks for their own dressing room Joanne :wink:

Now we have Something, a fine looking young lad. Dressed in a shimmering velvety black coat with a few white hairs on his front. He lists his hobbies as sleeping and eating. On his left, in the torte short soft coat, we have Thingummy who’s hobbies are head sleeping and lap sitting. This brother and sister are sure to be hard to beat……..

Now this is Newsie. He is wearing a beautiful spotted and striped blue coat. His hobbies are being loved and forgetting he is tame. Then comes his sister also in a matching blue spotted and striped twin set. Her hobbies include making bullets for other cats to fire and shoulder sleeping.

Now this is a treat. Erk and Velcro are modelling beautiful shimmering spotted tabby coats that catch the light so nicely. Erks into lap sitting and head sleeping while Velcro says she also sleeps on heads and laps but has no intention of ever getting off no matter what angle she finds her self at.

Now these are odd looking cats. All supplied by Mr. H. A. Rries talent school…….. S.B is modelling a very badly fitted tiger style coat that looks as if it might be, yes it is fake fur…….. With him are Miss S. F. and Lady W. who are wearing very wool like off the shoulder numbers and seem to have false ears and tails…… They are certainly a bit sheepish…… Could we check they are really cats as they look a bit big to say nothing of unfortunate looking to be cats, though as fine a figure of a dog and sheep’s I have never seen…….

Sorry Joanne I shall drag these doubtful cat trio back and double check who’s next from this end………. :lol::lol: xx
  • suncatcher
    Thanks for that cris and they are all so well behaved as well they are a credit to you. :D
    Joanne
  • jean123
    jean123 Member Posts: 642
    First up from my catwalk babies is Tillie Mittens, wearing a gorgeous costume of cream, with chocolate accessories - tail, ears muzzle and a chocolaty button nose, and the cutest little tiny chocolate paws. she has huge blue eyes, and will even give you kisses if she is in the mood...when she is not she can swear a bit, but mostly does that to doggie inferiors!!!

She is followed by the two most gorgeous boy cat models. First is tiny little Izzi, a boy with huge chartreuse eyes, and clad all over in shiny blue down to his little blue nose ears and tail. Izzi just loves to be loved, and kissed on his plump little tum. He never stops purring, and his purr is the biggest thing about him. He is just adorable!!!

Izzi is followed up the catwalk by Obi the magnificent. Obi and Izzi are 3/4 brothers, but Obi is as huge as Izzi is tiny and kittenlike. Obi has a magnificent cream ruff, is a pinky cream all over, accessorised with lilac paws, tail and ears. His little lilac nose is just cute, though. Obi is a very proud and noble looking cat, who knows he is beautiful, but he still loves to be cuddled like a baby, and to kiss his mum.

Jean
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Jean, they sound adorable.....please don't let me near them, I might have to kitten-nap!

Annie
  • skezier
    Oh Jean I got an empty cat basket or two...... oh look there’s some cats in them :wink: They will be hard to beat but......

Here is Pretty One wearing a beautiful soft ginger cream and white coat and the sweetest smile. She lists her hobbies as purring, head butting, hugging, playing tag with other animals (not always cats :wink: ). Pretty One still works as a master of disguise and ambush but she is hoping to break through into the big league of modelling soon.......

Nest we have Scoopy. Scoopy is wearing a black velvet coat, open at the front to reveal a white shirt worn untucked and down to her tail....... (I am the only one who can actually 'see' them upright, paw on hip and swanking to heavy banging base music :oops: ) Scoopy lists her hobbies as curtain wrecking and head sleeping........

Now we have Little One, she is modelling a lovely long flowing back jacket, again opened to reveal a white smock underneath. Little One has only recently joined the colony as she needed love and attention and a safe place to stay (as well as neutering very quickly, worming, antib's and a detangle......)

Now we have Eeyore....... He is wearing a jet black all in one with slight age related brown tinges. He lists his hobbies as....... sorry you can't hiss and spit like that Eeyore so you are disqualified......

Now here is a fine young lad, he is only here cus Chris is away for Easter and its Dipstick. Now he is Pretty Ones brother and wearing a grey tabby suit with a while shirt and trousers. He lists his hobbies as sitting on Chris and being loved.

Right this lot are now getting to the wilder ones so you might all want to put on your protective gear :wink: xx

Oh Jan did that, got the T-shirt...... had hours of pin down by a 85kl sheep....... who came through the cat flap........well she didn't the first one did and wore half the door for her troubles....... xx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    .....and here comes 14years old smudge rescue cat with a hint of a feral glint still in her eye...... tortoiseshell body, ginger black & white head ...not really much to look at..a bit of a muddle of a cat really!

born in the back of an old scrapyard van in the Western Isles...and the only one to survive the litter; brought home by my then 11yr old son hissing and spitting and not at all grateful for the rescue!

a game old girl she has moved house 5 times and travelled on planes , trains and auto mobiles taking it all in her stride.

thinks (knows) she is the boss of the house and keeps Ruby and Jakey boy firmly in their place.......

she's just my old cat!

Iris x
  • skezier
    Hi Iris,

She's got my vote for so many reasons :D Ferals are never greatful eh?! :lol::lol::lol::lol: Luv Cris who has just been tested for cat scratch/bite fever :wink::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: xx
  • dorcas
    Hiya Cris :D

hope you are doin ok?

what is cat bite fever? never heard of it :shock:

Irisx
  • suncatcher
    What a lot of lovely cats we have entered here this year. Its gona be so hard to choose a winner.
    I have protective gear in the back for anyone who wants to stroke the wild ones. Hats gloves, knee and arm pads, ropes and harnes as some of them are climbing up into the roof area. A bag of tit bits are given to help coax them out from under the beams.
    The bar is also open serving meals
    Joanne
  • suncatcher
    dorcas wrote:
    Hiya Cris :D

hope you are doin ok?

what is cat bite fever? never heard of it :shock:

Irisx

cris can a cat scratch cause itching as the cat has scratched my feet and my foot inches at night ive tryed creams even the athlets foot one and im still suffering it. all i can see on foot is a slight nick and its over a vain the other scratches have healed and have been no problem. joanne
    Joanne
  • skezier
    Hi Iris,

Its an infection that is normally thrown off and no problem but sometimes if you aren't 100% or have a compromised immune system it can get into the blood and well it might be why I keep getting optic neuritis.......Fleas come into it somewhere and well ferals when you first get them are crawling....... Mine are treated regularly but they still get them from time to time.......Some of mine remain wild and I do get bitten and scratched a lot and though it would burn out cus I keep getting either bite or scratch I might be getting a lot of top ups..... Its an idea and its treatable and curable.

Something keeps getting my eyes and well its one of the things that could well be happening...... This lot are very good at reminding me of their origins......

Oh it can get into your bones as well but I can't blame the crohn’s on it :lol::lol::lol::lol: That can also do eyes and bones eh?! :lol::lol::lol:

Hope you had a good Easter and your lot are behaving...... this lot never do! :shock: xx

Hi Joanne,

You sure there is no infection under the skin there? Its not how the catch scratch thing works but it might be worth getting it checked out next time you see someone for bog standard infection maybe? I hope she said she didn't mean to do it? My lot mostly say they didn't but I got one or two who mean every single mark :wink: xx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Next on the catwalk is Tiger, a senior citizen among moggies, but fearless.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/168126/Cat-scares-postmen-so-much-they-refuse-to-deliver-the-mail

Well, he is 93 after all :!: :D
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • dorcas
    joanlawson wrote:
    Next on the catwalk is Tiger, a senior citizen among moggies, but fearless.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/168126/Cat-scares-postmen-so-much-they-refuse-to-deliver-the-mail

Well, he is 93 :D

Hi Joan,

That was just great! what a fab cat!!! got my vote straight off!

but does the owner's description

Tracey, 43, .....finds it hard to believe that her family pet’s behaviour is as appalling as the posties say.
    She said yesterday: “Tiger is 19 years old. He dribbles when he sleeps and snores, he sleeps for 20 hours a day.after all :!:

remind you of anyone?

Iris x