Hello

Options
mummyb
mummyb Member Posts: 1,231
edited 3. Apr 2010, 13:13 in Say Hello Archive
I'm totally new to all of this and have hummed and ha'ad about making a post but really feel the need for some support from people who can advise me and who understand about arthritis. I was diagnosed three months ago with osteo arthritis, the rheumatologist discharged me and did not give me any information about what it means to have arthritis. I think I've been in shock really as the realisation hits me that I never seem to have a pain free day any more. I had what I now understand to be a 'flare up' where my wrists, elbows, ankles, knees, shoulders and neck were all affected at the same time. By the time I'd got to see the rheumatologist thngs had settled bit and despite the GP and physio thinking I have rheumatoid arthritis, the diagnosis was osteo. I feel a little more informed now as I have found lots of info on the interned, however, I still haven't found anyone who can tell me what its really like and am I now destined to be restricted in what I can do. Will the pain ever go away completely? Anyway, sorry for moaning, thanks for listening. :lol:

Comments

• snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi mummyb and welcome to the forum, you are really going through it at the moment. I have r/a and it affects all my joints are you on any pain medication :?: I do know r/a is sometimes difficult to diagnose. With treatment some people can go into remision.
    There are lots of people on here who will be able to give you advice and support.

Julie
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Options
    snowball wrote:
    Hi mummyb and welcome to the forum, you are really going through it at the moment. I have r/a and it affects all my joints are you on any pain medication :?: I do know r/a is sometimes difficult to diagnose. With treatment some people can go into remision.
    There are lots of people on here who will be able to give you advice and support.

Julie
    Meant to say we have a caffee on c-chat pop in for a drink and a bite to eat, If any of what i have said i am sorry but my pain meds are kicking in, take care.

Julie
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • mummyb
    Options
    snowball wrote:
    snowball wrote:

Julie
    Meant to say we have a caffee on c-chat pop in for a drink and a bite to eat, If any of what i have said i am sorry but my pain meds are kicking in, take care.

Julie
    Hi Julie
    Thank you so much for your kind words, it feels like a relief to know I have finally found a place to talk to people who know how it feels. I am on painkillers, Co codamol 30/500 and am currently taking them 3 x a day. What I'm finding is that each day is different, some days I'm in lots of pain and some days not so much. The stiffness is pretty permanent and what I'm finding is that I need to take my painkillers before getting out of bed and then giving it a half hour before I can move. I guess I'm learning as each day goes by. Anyway, thanks again for your kindness. Best wishes, Brenda
  • mummyb
    Options
    hi brenda,welcome home :wink: please jump in anywhere and post as you feel fit,we are a good bunch,quite mad but hay ho! :lol:

Thank you so much for your warm welcome, it means a lot.
    Best wishes, Brenda :D