esa medical

markc1
markc1 Member Posts: 253
Hi all,just had my medical for ESA,how embarrassing was it for me!the 'professional'i saw could hardly speak English.
I was in with him for half an hour,he asked me the usual questions and then examined my knees then said he had all the info to write a report,never asked me about very much.

I felt totally humiliated and felt a complete fraud.Very poor indeed and now i fear the worst. :cry:

Comments

• maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    where do they get them from? I hope it wont b as bad as you think. Could you ask for a second oppinion?
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Hi marc,

that is just the pits. :shock: it sounds as if he was just going through the motions with that poor quality medical. what kind of 'professional' was he? a doc or a physio or? did he introduce himself and say what his role was or how long it would be before you hear the outcome?

I'm so sorry marc. :( it's all so frustrating. but you are NOT a fraud :!: :!: and don't let anyone make you feel that you are.

keep your chin up mate.

Iris x
  • annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    Marc,

I know exactly how you feel, I was the same with my DLA medical it was a foreign doctor and hardly what I would call a medical. Made me feel degraded and a fraud.

I am currently waiting for a tribunal date & when I received a copy of the ATOS report it was inaccurate & had been changed after the medical but the day before the decision?? So obviously not by the 'doctor'

Anne
  • markc1
    dorcas wrote:
    Hi marc,

that is just the pits. :shock: it sounds as if he was just going through the motions with that poor quality medical. what kind of 'professional' was he? a doc or a physio or? did he introduce himself and say what his role was or how long it would be before you hear the outcome?

I'm so sorry marc. :( it's all so frustrating. but you are NOT a fraud :!: :!: and don't let anyone make you feel that you are.

keep your chin up mate.

Iris x

I honestly have no idea who/what he was!all i thought was 'here we go again'....i bet this will go to a tribuneral !! :roll:
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    markc1 wrote:
    dorcas wrote:
    Hi marc,

keep your chin up mate.

Iris x

I honestly have no idea who/what he was!all i thought was 'here we go again'....i bet this will go to a tribuneral !! :roll:

This is happening to too many people! may be we should be taking advantage of the elections and raise these issues in writing with the various candidates. Webmanager gave us this link when we were talking about the elections on the Chit Chat Zone which is definitely worth considering:

http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/Campaigns/Currentcampaigns/2010GeneralElection/2010GeneralElectiontakeaction

I hope marc that it does not turn out as badly as you think....it's hard enough having arther without all this added stress. let us know what happens.

Iris x
  • markc1
    sounds like the one i had, :( are you incontact with working links via your esa,mine are brill,and still talking to them now evan though im back at work, if not ring them :wink: they were mad as hell id been refused but i diidnt have the strenth to fight it out so just went on to jsa :( try be strong and fight :x

Not too sure what you mean Pixie,i am on pathway to work and registered with the job club as advised.Is that what you mean?
    I want to work but as i am sure we all know its proving difficult to do,soon as they find out your medical history they don't want to know :roll:
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hi, I had a medical, but at least the doctor spoke English. The information written down was incorrect and some of the questions had not been asked, yet the doctor answer them for me. I am so surprised at all the things I can now do! I don't know why the hospital are still running tests to give me a diagnosis when the answer is so easy to make up! :?

The whole thing is ridiculas, I'd really love to work as bordom of being home can drive me up the wall, but I have been told by my GP and Reummy, that this is not on. I have been given a pension from local government social services and 2 occupational health doctors have argreed that I will probably never work again. Sorry, I'm ranting on about my problems! :oops:

Anyway, just to let you know that you are far from alone in your experience and I hope that you will be able to sort things out. Love Sue
  • markc1
    woodbon wrote:
    Hi, I had a medical, but at least the doctor spoke English. The information written down was incorrect and some of the questions had not been asked, yet the doctor answer them for me. I am so surprised at all the things I can now do! I don't know why the hospital are still running tests to give me a diagnosis when the answer is so easy to make up! :?

The whole thing is ridiculas, I'd really love to work as bordom of being home can drive me up the wall, but I have been told by my GP and Reummy, that this is not on. I have been given a pension from local government social services and 2 occupational health doctors have argreed that I will probably never work again. Sorry, I'm ranting on about my problems! :oops:

Anyway, just to let you know that you are far from alone in your experience and I hope that you will be able to sort things out. Love Sue

Your not ranting at all Sue....just puzzled by the whole thing,i mean if you have been medically retired from work and you have a certificate...er...surely you must be in poor health??? :?
  • lizzie7ne
    lizzie7ne Member Posts: 154
    Hi Marc,

Make sure you get a copy of his report,no matter what the outcome, you can make a request via the DWP now.

lizzie
  • markc1
    I got the result...guess what?there is nothing wrong with me!!not one point on my scorecard!!

This despite me being medically retired and 20% disability assessed 2 weeks ago by industrial injuries....i'm speechless!!!!!!

Think i may well appeal this do you think?What a disgrace this is. :shock:
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    yes appeal what do these people think they are doing what notice do they take of others that are qualified , or even the persons like you that has the problem
    [or have you been seen doing the twist and jive at the local disco ]please dont let them get away with it x
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • markc1
    bertyboy wrote:
    yes appeal what do these people think they are doing what notice do they take of others that are qualified , or even the persons like you that has the problem
    [or have you been seen doing the twist and jive at the local disco ]please dont let them get away with it x

lol...I have no intention of letting them get away with it!!i start my new job next week and i want my return to work credit!!!!! :roll:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    This is totally unjust and unfair. You have to appeal, which will take time and energy but they canot be allowed to get away with this. An assessor needs at the very lest a competent grasp of our native language. Disgraceful. Start a file of all reports, letters and correspondence that you have received, and any future stuff, so it's all to hand. Tribunal here we come! We're behind you, battle on. Dreamdaisy
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • chrisn68
    chrisn68 Member Posts: 4
    Hi

Dont give up!! It looks like they will turn you down - as they do with most people, but when this happens just go to Citizens Advice or Community Legal Advice and these guys will fight your case in a tribunal and beleive me they will FIGHT for you!!! They sit with you and go through the medical report and get your side of the story.

In my case they marked me with '0' all the way through yet CLA managed to boost me to over 20 points and wiped the floor with ATOS.