Hello I am New here.

hayley14
hayley14 Member Posts: 13
edited 16. Apr 2010, 05:51 in Say Hello Archive
Hi, I am 45 yr old female living with dejenerated discs disease, Arthritis, Osteoparosis and Fibromyalgia. I have been trying to manage my conditions alone for a number of years now with great difficulties. My illness has caused me additional Trauma and my social life has been nil for many years also. I have been at home as can not work anymore and am isolated. Would like to hear about the simular plights from other users of the forum also how they cope and, especially would like to understand how other people cope with the illness's if they are living alone and don't have any family or any help. Best wishes.

Comments

• trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi

A big warm welcome from me.

We always try to support one another, giving tips and advice when and where needed. There are many many good people on here. When it is about arthur as we call him, you usually find a bigger response on LWA Forum.

Now, you are not alone anymore, you are one of us :)

We also like to relax, have a bit of a laugh. We mainly do that on the CChat Zone where there are many topics. Someone is always starting another conversation up.

We also have our 'Cafe' there where you can pop in for a cuppa have a chat with someone. There are always peeps in their.

Anyway, I do hope you will like being with us, we do understand how it is. You need never to feel alone any more.

Love Trish xxx

I hope to see you posting very soon.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    hi you now have loads of new pals you r no longer alone i hate going out it makes me feel ill so put it off. do still work but only 4 hours a day come in the cafe on chit chat for a natter any time you want to we just natter and swap ideas in there . reply to any post we all help each other it the only way not to get down with arther attacking us look foward to seeing you around val
    val
  • hayley14
    trisher wrote:
    Hi

A big warm welcome from me.

We always try to support one another, giving tips and advice when and where needed. There are many many good people on here. When it is about arthur as we call him, you usually find a bigger response on LWA Forum.

Now, you are not alone anymore, you are one of us :)

We also like to relax, have a bit of a laugh. We mainly do that on the CChat Zone where there are many topics. Someone is always starting another conversation up.

We also have our 'Cafe' there where you can pop in for a cuppa have a chat with someone. There are always peeps in their.

Anyway, I do hope you will like being with us, we do understand how it is. You need never to feel alone any more.

Love Trish xxx

I hope to see you posting very soon.
  • hayley14
    valval wrote:
    hi you now have loads of new pals you r no longer alone i hate going out it makes me feel ill so put it off. do still work but only 4 hours a day come in the cafe on chit chat for a natter any time you want to we just natter and swap ideas in there . reply to any post we all help each other it the only way not to get down with arther attacking us look foward to seeing you around val
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Hayley

Just wanted to add a welcome here and send a hug. Though I still work PT at the moment am not sure for how much longer. :cry:
    You do have my sympathy, I too live alone, my only family a 5 hour train journey away, which is an increasing struggle for me, and social life non existant as work wipes me out.
    As you can see from the number of posts I have made, this site and the friendly and supportive people here have been a godsend for me, there is always someone to chat too who understands. I hope you find the same. Will look forward to seeing you post again soon.
    take care, you are not alone.
    Chris
  • hayley14
    chris7 wrote:
    Hayley

Just wanted to add a welcome here and send a hug. Though I still work PT at the moment am not sure for how much longer. :cry:
    You do have my sympathy, I too live alone, my only family a 5 hour train journey away, which is an increasing struggle for me, and social life non existant as work wipes me out.
    As you can see from the number of posts I have made, this site and the friendly and supportive people here have been a godsend for me, there is always someone to chat too who understands. I hope you find the same. Will look forward to seeing you post again soon.
    take care, you are not alone.
    Chris
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Welcome to you this disease can be isolating but on this site you need not feel on your own anymore. Everyone on here is friendly and can offer help and advice to you. Everyone has different things but we all help each other where we can. look forward to having you on here from joanne
    Joanne
  • hayley14
    suncatcher wrote:
    Welcome to you this disease can be isolating but on this site you need not feel on your own anymore. Everyone on here is friendly and can offer help and advice to you. Everyone has different things but we all help each other where we can. look forward to having you on here from joanne

hi joanne, as i am not used to forums i never know where to look for what on here i may of missed replying to one message but i can not find it again now so whoever you were sorry bout that... hey guess what, i'v only just seen your message today not sure when you left it for me. thankyou for your kind words.... wish i was able to join in a lil more, hopefully will learn how to chat on here and gain more some confidence soon. hayley14 x
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Hi Haley,

When you want to reply, just put the cursor on Reply to topic then do a left hand click you will then see a box like this but it will be blank.

Write what you want to say, then go to submit put you cursor on it and do a left hand click on your mouse.

It will then say to see your message press there and hey presto you should have posted it. You can see it will say to see your messaage well follow the steps and you will see your message.

Don't worry about it though, we know you are new and have not had experience on here. You will soon be doing it right.

If you cannot do it just shout for help. We will help you so please don't worry. To shout for help you will see it says Reply to this or make a new topic well click on that write your message and submit it, give it a title first in the oblong box.
    People will see it and help you so don't worry. :)

Love Trish xxx :D
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Hayley and welcome
    You are not alone any more, you have us lot, we all support one another, and any questions usually get answered.
    You come along to chit chat, we are abit mad but it dose help .
    Hope to see you posting more very soon
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • hayley14
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hello Hayley and welcome
    You are not alone any more, you have us lot, we all support one another, and any questions usually get answered.
    You come along to chit chat, we are abit mad but it dose help .
    Hope to see you posting more very soon
    Love
    Barbara x

Thank you :0) x
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    A big welcome from me too, your are amogst great and caring people here, far from being alone, you will be supported and helped wherever possible, with good advice, fun chit chat and freedom to moan and groan if needs be. XXXXX Bubbles.
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • hayley14
    bubbles wrote:
    A big welcome from me too, your are amogst great and caring people here, far from being alone, you will be supported and helped wherever possible, with good advice, fun chit chat and freedom to moan and groan if needs be. XXXXX Bubbles.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Hayley

Welcome to teh forums from me too.

please dont worry abojut making mistakes when you post - we all do at first (even now) This was teh first forum I ever used too.

The people on here are lovely and you need never feel alone.

Love

Toni xx
  • hayley14
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi Hayley

Welcome to teh forums from me too.

please dont worry abojut making mistakes when you post - we all do at first (even now) This was teh first forum I ever used too.

The people on here are lovely and you need never feel alone.

Love

Toni xx

Hello Toni,

I'm in another recovery stint from a very long period of *chronic flare up. I'm able to walk now but when i do i'm in a lot of pain. Not saying a lot yet as just taking everything very slowly... must as have been verrry ill as was not able to cope very well alone during the awful winter we've all just had. This good weather is a real Godsend. Love Hayley xx
  • gickygawky
    gickygawky Member Posts: 478
    Welcome to the forum Hayley!

Finding this site has been a godsent and I hope you will find the same.

There is always something going on around here, alot of it mischief!

I hope you find it a great help and help you feel less alone with everything you deal with.

Arna x
  • hayley14
    gickygawky wrote:
    Welcome to the forum Hayley!

Finding this site has been a godsent and I hope you will find the same.

There is always something going on around here, alot of it mischief!

I hope you find it a great help and help you feel less alone with everything you deal with.

Arna x

mischief that's a worry !
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    [
    I'm in another recovery stint from a very long period of *chronic flare up. I'm able to walk now but when i do i'm in a lot of pain. Not saying a lot yet as just taking everything very slowly... must as have been verrry ill as was not able to cope very well alone during the awful winter we've all just had. This good weather is a real Godsend. Love Hayley xx[/quote]

Hi Hayley

Sounds like you have had a really terrible time of late. I do feel for you :( It has been a truly awful winter for us all hasn't it? Glad to say that it IS picking up at the moment now :)

I am glad you are mobile again even if it is causing you pain.

Have you mentioned what meds you are taking?

Please take care and keep posting

Love

Toni xx