Written warning club

maria09
maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
Im now into 3 months of the written warning club without a day off sick :)
My boss assures me I wont get another written warning but I dont believe her!
I just dont trust HR :roll:
Went to see Occ health Physio yesterday she was lovely & couldnt understand why HR sent me as my sickness is not bad for the condition I have :!:
I saw the occ health nurse too how could not believe my appeal failed. Lucky I saw her really as she told me I had an appointment today to see Occ Health DR I knew nothing about it :!:
She made me a new appointment told HR what she thought They blamed my boss my boss in turn blamed Occ Health :!:
HR cant get anything right useless articles :roll:
Couldnt organise a piss up in a brewery :wink:
Rant over
Maria x

Comments

• mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Maria, how true HR here are bloody crap, I had a stage 1 informal interview and it went a bit like this, hello sit down, right you have had to much sick leave, end of converstation, and oh by the way we are going straight to stage 2 OK!, you can go to see the OC health doctor as ask about ill health retirment if you like?, we will arrange it for, so what do you want to do!"?, (bloody silly question really isn't it!.)
    So off I trot he says can't even think about that just yet as you need to be dismissed via incapability first!, I found out that this turns out to be totally flippin wrong, he also read out a letter HR had given me to take to him, so he starts to he read it out and it states that there isn't any job for me here anyway so one way or the other I'm going down the road so what's the point of anything, it's all academic really, it's already been decided, all that is open to discusion is how and when?. It's nice to be wanted!. :cry:
  • maria09
    Hi Mell, its going from bad to worse for you! At least ive got occ health on my side! Have u got a works pension ive just got a pension prediction if i retire due to ill health & it seems good! Take care x
  • mellman01
    Hi Maria, the OC health Doctor says I'm to young at 49 to be put out to grass!, just a cop out if you ask me, got a flare going on right now so also feel like crap, got more trouble at work again so it's all happening for me, the oc health doc sent me back to see the surgoen who has now refered me to another surgeon for a 2nd opinon, and so it goes round in flippin circles maria!.
  • maria09
    Its a bloody disgrace Mell! You are having a flare up because of all the stress! Have you thought of going to see your GP abt the stress they are causing! It is so unfair! It seems they dont take arthritis as a serious condition! It makes me so mad! They shud have it for a day & see what its like! Try & keep strong! X
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Hi mellman,

I don't know how you are managing to keep going with the dreadful way you are being treated.

As far as I know, your age is NOT the deciding factor in whether you retire on ill health grounds. :? It's the impact your condition is having on your long term ability to do any job that is the criteria to be considered by OH.

this Oh doc is just another 'jobsworth' it seems and is not giving proper advice......in fact he is downright obstructive!. I am so annoyed for you and you are right ...you are going round in circles. What on earth is the relevance of a 'second opinion'? is he going to keep referring you on until he gets the opinion he's looking for?

This is just the worst account of gross incompetence I have ever read.

When I was 'stuck' with a rubbish assessment from a numpty OH I asked (demanded) a second OH opinion! the second assessment was competent, clear and professional and made a huge difference to the outcome........may be asking for another OH doc is something worth considering?

I wish we had a magic wand.....Iris x
  • mellman01
    No I don't either, I get days when I'm really down then others when I'm manically up and when I have a flare I take me pain meds and then loose the flippin plot, Normally I then get really paranoid and start to think there is a big conspiracy agains't me so then I withdraw into me shell, once the flare ahs passed the sun comes out for a bit and then the cycle repeats, and all this is with the help of Prozac, if it wasn't for that I'm not sure I would be a) still breathing or b) playing on an indoor bouncy castle whilst wearing a strange jacket who's sleeves buckle up round the back!?. :oops:
  • greeneyedlady
    greeneyedlady Member Posts: 25
    Do what I did... get a solicitor. Your household insuranced may cover the cost.
  • maria09
    4 months done 2 more to go then im out of the club!
  • cutieclaire
    cutieclaire Member Posts: 134
    I go back to work on the 8th June and I will get an oral on my 2nd day back then at the end of 1st week a written for having 6 months off. I have finally been given a diagnosis and medication so feeling a lot better.

I have gone past caring about what they are going to do with me. I think its terrible treatment that people have to go through when they are trying to work.

I hope it all works for you and good luck.

xxxxxxxxx
  • maria09
    I go back to work on the 8th June and I will get an oral on my 2nd day back then at the end of 1st week a written for having 6 months off. I have finally been given a diagnosis and medication so feeling a lot better.

I have gone past caring about what they are going to do with me. I think its terrible treatment that people have to go through when they are trying to work.

I hope it all works for you and good luck.

xxxxxxxxx
    Good luck when you go back to work. Thought you couldnt get written warnings when off on long term sick! X
  • maria09
    Hi Everyone
    5 weeks left of my written warning
    Yippeeeeeeeeee :D
    I have found it really tough & Im going in when I shouldnt
    But I aint letting HR win :x
    So roll on 14th July
    Maybe ill go off sick the day after He He
    To anyone else on a written warning there is a light at the end of the tunnel
    Take care
    Love Maria x
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Hi Maria, sounds like you are determined to win!! Well done.

What HR don't realise is none of us like having arther or having to take time off because of it. I bet they don't appreciate the effort you have had to make go in even when your body is pleading with you not to make it ... we all do though ...

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • maria09
    speedalong wrote:
    Hi Maria, sounds like you are determined to win!! Well done.

What HR don't realise is none of us like having arther or having to take time off because of it. I bet they don't appreciate the effort you have had to make go in even when your body is pleading with you not to make it ... we all do though ...

Speedy
    Thanks Speedy no HR doesnt but my boss & work mates do so thats whats important! Occ Health doc & their physio are on my side & sent in a report saying due to my condition my sickness was minimal!
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    mellman01 wrote:
    b) playing on an indoor bouncy castle whilst wearing a strange jacket who's sleeves buckle up round the back!?. :oops:

I think it is HR that play on the castle :lol::lol:

Good luck and much support.
    Carol
  • maria09
    Four weeks & counting! Going to ask my boss to see my file to make sure the written warning is taken out! At least my sickness is now 0% I will be glad when its over the stress of it all is playing havoc with Arthur! Any1 else in the same situation keep strong!
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Going to ask my boss to see my file to make sure the written warning is taken out!

Ask for it and then shred/burn it ... !!! You are doing so well, keep strong.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • maria09
    speedalong wrote:
    Going to ask my boss to see my file to make sure the written warning is taken out!

Ask for it and then shred/burn it ... !!! You are doing so well, keep strong.

Speedy
    Thank you for your support Speedy its helped me get through this. Just wish Arthur was behaving! Take care x
  • maria09
    Im now out of the written warning club! 6 months done yippee! Its been a struggle but ive made it. Any one still in the club keep strong & dont let the ******* get you down! X
  • maria09
    Im now out of the written warning club! 6 months done yippee! Its been a struggle but ive made it. Any one still in the club keep strong & dont let the ******* get you down! X
  • loopylou
    loopylou Member Posts: 175
    Got a letter through the post today, I've become part of the written warning club :( apparently a parent complained about my conduct.
    not feeling too good about it as the letter said it will stay in my records for 12 months and if their asked for a reference it may be used which as i'm currently looking for another job is not good! really don't want to be stuck there for another year just want to cry now!
    Just keep plodding along singing a song
  • maria09
    Hi Loopylou,
    Im sorry about your written warning
    Although mine was for sickness I know what your going through! The stress ive been under for the last 6months has been a nightmare!
    Did they give you any idea you were going to get a written warning?
    I thought before a written warning you had to have a verbal one first?
    You can pms me if you like
    Have you got your union involved?
    Keep strong dont let this get you too down
    Maybe it was all a missunderstanding
    Keep in touch
    Maria
  • loopylou
    No I had no idea that was going to be getting a written warning.

I only work at a schools out club so not part of a union, don't think its fair at all.

I would never be rude to a parent, its not worth losing the custom especially as we have two clubs and need the funds!

Showed my boyfriend the letter then completely broke down in tears, I'm worried about them using it against me when I by some miracle manage to get another job!

Lou
    -x-
  • maria09
    Hi Lou,
    Hope your okay
    have you contacted Citizens advice im sure they will be helpful
    Its strange they have given you a written warning without informing you first I dont understand that :shock: you need to be able to defend yourself & at least have your say :shock: y not to let it get you down
    Maria x
  • loopylou
    hi maria

I'm ok thanks just trying to put it all behind me.

my workplace doesn't seem to go by the rules. 2 examples of this are that:

1. I was dropped by 50p an hr in july last year but wasn't told. I only found out by chance in june this year because I was asked to do some office work went through the to do file and found a piece of paper that stated how much I was on. I thought thats wrong but went through all my payslips and back-tracked. it's bad as i struggle so much with money as it is. never mind losing 50p an hr!

2. I was made to go on a course last jan then once i'd started was made to sign a contract saying if i leave within 3 yrs of completing the course i'd have to pay back all the money given to me for doing the course. i was literally not allowed out the door til i signed it!

roll on getting a new job and being able to leave I've had enough of the place!

lou
    -x-
  • issymknight
    issymknight Member Posts: 99
    maria09 wrote:

KNEW YOU COULD DO IT. The only problem I found is that because you have done the 6months they think your illness is gone. People are so stupid if only they realised you went through a good patch and long may it continue.

Issy