Just wanted to say hello

rainman
rainman Member Posts: 2
edited 25. Apr 2010, 03:50 in Say Hello Archive
Hi everyone,
I suppose I've never really looked into this forum before but have visited the site so often for information over the years.
I received an injury to my spine whilst serving in Northern Ireland in the late 70's over the years this developed into degenerative spinal disease and latterly osteo-arthritis.
I'm now at the stage of a possible spinal fusion to the L3,4,5 & S1 .
although I really want to tie my shoes for a little longer yet so hoping to hang fire,
last December got a bleed in the duodenum possibly through some of the anti inflamatory drugs which I've used for the last 15 years. now only on tramadol and paracetamol for the pain, accupunture and a tens machine,. can't use any anti inflamatory drugs now,
Pain some days is not real although folks ask if you are okay but when you say just a bit of pain its a lot more than that.

why am I here well to hopefully find out any alterantives that might help with pain.
to see if there is anyone else around that has undergone a similar op
and finally to see if I can support anyone else.

sorry for longwinded intro won't be lo long next time...

thanks for reading if you got this far LOL

best regards
Mike

Comments

• trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Mike

A big warm welcome from me. :)

The people on here are very friendly and supportive of one another giving advice also tips that they learn and pass on.

If you post your questions on the LWA Forum more people will see it and answer you. I'm sure there are people who may have had spine fusing done.

The CChat Forum is far more lighthearted but there are lots of topics on there so input from you may help as well.

In time you will be saying hello to new peeps as well.

I hope to see you posting soon

Trish :D
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Hi Mike just wanted to give you a big warm welcome to the site, you will get to know my great people on here. Look forward to your posts.

Julie
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    hi Mike and welcome from me to hope you find the site as usefull as i have xx May x
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Mike
    Just to say welcome to this really friendly forum, I am sure you will get the answers you need on LWA.
    Hope to see you posting more very soon
    Barbara
    Love
    Barbara
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Hi Mike

Sorry I can't help with your question but just wanted to call in and say a welcome from me too. Am sure others on LW will be able to offer some advice and support. Hope to see you posting again soon.
    take care
    Chris
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    h010.gif Hi Mike and welcome to the forum from Bubbles. You will certainly get as much support and help that you can, from the lovley people here. You can always contact the helpine for advice and support or answers to specific questions. Look forward to your postings........take care, Bubbles.
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Mike

Good to meet you :D

A few of us on here have had back surgery and lived to tell the tale (including me!) so we can support you.

Nice to meet you and hope to see you around and about soon.

Love Toni xx