wrong way to answer phone call

Options
only49
only49 Member Posts: 1,207
edited 26. Apr 2010, 16:15 in Community Chit-chat archive
hi just to say i phoned my sons school today just to let them know that my son was going to be later into school in the morning as he got a dentist appointment, when the phone was answered by what i can only describe as someone who didn't care, :( and could not end the phone call quick enough, :)

the way i see it is it showed that she got no telephone skills what so ever, and i don't think its a very good state of affairs as i know they are the front line of the school and that you gets lots of different people ring up through the day but that was appalling no wonder i don't like ringing the school if that's what i going to get.
sylvia :)stern02.gif

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Only49. It's not just schools, it's endemic in all public services. Courtesy isn't old fashioned, it's essential to the smooth running of everyday life. I hate the 'thank you for waiting' that you get in M&S when you queue to pay. What else am I going to do? Leg it with my t-shirts? On crutches? Grrrrrrr. The rank insincerity gets my goat. It's not courtesy from the till girl, it's bland, meaningless shop-speak designed to appear polite. There is nothing wrong with please and thank you, take care, it's no trouble, etc etc, but have a nice day, thank you for waiting - too robotic for words. Grumpy old woman - that's me! Dreamdaisy
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options
    Just about all you need isn't it Only? Hmmmph! Our kids school says "Press 1 if you wish to report amemeber of staff absent....Press2......."

When someone is genuine with you, you DO notice don't you - it's so rare....

shame......

Toni xx
  • pluggathome
    pluggathome Member Posts: 171
    Options
    I deal with complaints and take calls on a helpline and have to say 'thank you for calling' even if they have been rude, ignorant and downright abusive!

:mrgreen: this is what my face looks like as I trot out those words!

Pluggxx
  • only49
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Just about all you need isn't it Only? Hmmmph! Our kids school says "Press 1 if you wish to report amemeber of staff absent....Press2......."

When someone is genuine with you, you DO notice don't you - it's so rare....

shame......

Toni xx
    heres a few ideas, press one to talk to a nice human being, press 2 to give us feedback, pess 3 for a crap teacher, and press for anything else.
  • only49
    Options
    I deal with complaints and take calls on a helpline and have to say 'thank you for calling' even if they have been rude, ignorant and downright abusive!

:mrgreen: this is what my face looks like as I trot out those words!

Pluggxx
    that must be so hard to keep your cool, does the training you are given make it any easier to deal with rotton people.
  • pluggathome
    pluggathome Member Posts: 171
    Options
    Training, what training. There is a bit of a joke on my team.

If you are a loon, unreasonable, drunk, rude, ignorant,offensive press 5 and hey presto, you're through to me!

There are many calls we take where people genuinely need our help, a couple of those and you are back on form to deal with the next rotter.

When you hang up, everyone presses the release button lots of times to make sure they are gone and then let rip :lol::lol: