Goodbye

helpline_team
helpline_team Posts: 3,464
Hi everyone
Just to tell you all that this is my last week at Arthritis Care as I am retiring - yes, I really am that old!
I've been here for 7 years and one of the most enjoyable parts of the job has been this forum. A lot of you feel like old friends with whom I've shared good times & bad times & a few 'virtual' chocolates.
Often I've been filled with admiration not only for the ways in which you manage but also for the help & support you give to each other.
But now its time for me to pick up my bus pass and head into the sunset and into a new chapter in my life.
Very best wishes to you all.
Val

Comments

• only49
    only49 Member Posts: 1,207
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi everyone
    Just to tell you all that this is my last week at Arthritis Care as I am retiring - yes, I really am that old!
    I've been here for 7 years and one of the most enjoyable parts of the job has been this forum. A lot of you feel like old friends with whom I've shared good times & bad times & a few 'virtual' chocolates.
    Often I've been filled with admiration not only for the ways in which you manage but also for the help & support you give to each other.
    But now its time for me to pick up my bus pass and head into the sunset and into a new chapter in my life.
    Val
    we will miss you even though i not been a member on this forum for only a short time, i sure you wont be forgotten
    sylvia :)stern02.gif
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Hi everyone
    Val

HI Val,

well Congratulations on your retirement !

I know that I for one have been grateful for your sensible and timely advice when times have been difficult for me. Thanks for being on the end of the phone and emails with a smile and some carefully chosen words of encouragement - they have meant a lot.

I am sure that you will find plenty to do to fill your time ...... but perhaps you will pop onto the forum now and then to catch up with all the goings on in the cafe and have a virtual cuppa or two? :wink: as you know the kettle is always on, and you'll alwyas be very welcome!

hugs
    Wonky xxx
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Hi Val,

I wish you well with your retirement - what a lovely time of the year to be finishing. The people who I know who are retired say they are often busy retired than they were before!! So I'm sure you'll have lots of lovely things to do to fill your days.

I have only been a member of the forum for a short while but have found the support it offers invaluable - I don't know who else I could have gained the same support from.

All the best,

Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • gickygawky
    gickygawky Member Posts: 478
    Hi Val,

Congratulations on your retirement and thank you for all that you have contributed to AC. :D

Arna x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Val
    Thankyou for all the time and patience you have put into this forum, we appreciate so much all your advice and care, you enjoy your retirement, and do let us know how you are going on from time to time
    You take care
    Love
    Barbara xx 065.gif
    Love
    Barbara
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Congratulations on you retirement Val :!:

We will all miss your support and advice.....and also your humanity and sense of humour too. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Wishing you well in all that you do in the future..... I don't believe for one minute that you will be sitting back with your feet up for very long, but be sure to have a well earned holiday first :wink:

You'll be a hard act to follow!

n015.gif

Iris x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 26. Apr 2010, 19:26
    Hi Val,

Happy Retirement and 'ell after 7 years you just have to sneak back as a new person and join this lot on the other forums :wink:

I really do thank you for all the help you given me personally and well you have earned time out and I really hope you enjoy it. Shed loads of CDM, cream eggs and well best leave some cream and shortbread for the others in the office cus otherwise they might get cross........ :lol::lol:

Thanks again Val and a really happy retirement. Cris xx Oh an this lot g045.gifk050.gif send their thanks and good lucks as well.........
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Have a happy retirment and thanks for the support thats been given to many over a number of years i am sure you will be missed xxxx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Congratulations - have a wonderful retirement, hope it all goes well.

Annie
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    edited 28. Apr 2010, 18:09
    Hi Val

Cngratulations on your retirement. Thank you for the help you have given me over the last nearly a year.

I have appreciated it.

I hope you have a long and happy retirement Val, I wish these were real

060.gif

Trisher xxxx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Hi everyone
    Val

you can still come to cafe for cake and tea any time you want
    val
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Hi Val
    i spoke to you when i was first diagnosed and you were very helpful and kind to me.
    you will be missed
    Happy retirement Val and Thank you
    all the best
    Sharon
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Val :D

Just to wish you a happy retirement. :D So pleased you did not leave without letting us know. :D You enjoy that bus pass - I am just hoping they are still dishing them out when my day arrives, which is at the end of this year. :lol::lol:

Thank you for all your good works on the forum. You will be missed.

Look after yourself,

All good wishes

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Oh Val :(

I am sad!!

You will be sorely missed you know :(

Having said that you deserve retirement like we all do.

I hope you have a long and healthy and happy retirement :D

Lots of love

Toni xx

PS hope you join the forums now :wink:
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    all the best for your retirement.....take care x
  • robertls
    robertls Member Posts: 2,304
    Oh Val.....surely you're far to young to retire...... a030.gif .

Many many thanks for all the help and support you've given to so many people.............

I hope you enjoy the next chapter in your life..... s025.gif

Luv and hugs....................... f010.gif

Rob x a045.gif
    Roba045.gif
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Thankyou Val for all your time and effort spent helping and comforting us. I wish you a happy retirement,
    I hope you will pop in and check up on us all from time to time.
    Best wishes
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    Thank you for all your messages, I was quite touched.
    I just might pop into the forums again as myself, lets see who's the first to spot my e-name!
    Bye for now
    Val
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Thank you for all your messages, I was quite touched.
    I just might pop into the forums again as myself, lets see who's the first to spot my e-name!
    Bye for now
    Val

oh now thats not fare !! :shock: :lol::lol:
    so game on to see who works it out val do not be a stranger
    val
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Happy retirement Val. Wishing you all the best for the future. :)
  • debatat
    debatat Member Posts: 659
    Thank you so much for all your help and good work. Your support has been appreciated.

Enjoy your retirement!

Deb x