Men - Are They in Danger?

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 29. Apr 2010, 09:56 in Community Chit-chat archive
I have read a number of comments today on a couple of forums concerning men and their bits. It's not odd that they talk to their willies, or spend ages fondling themselves. It is an in-built entertainment centre and great fun. Each penis is unique and yes, they have personalities. They are a separate entity to the rest of the human male. They do have a mind of their own - I repeat my Robin Williams quote of earlier - God gave man a penis and a brain but not enough blood to run them both together - or words to that effect.

What's really bothering me is the way females constantly belittle males. Men are wonderful creatures, funny, good company and yes, they're different to us BUT THAT IS NOT A BAD THING. The genders complement each other beautifully, men have their strengths and we have ours. Different strengths, not superior or inferior, just different. More and more adverts show men as hapless beings, with the woman knowing everything. My husband has never swooned over a new air freshener, neither has he had to shown how to press its little button. Neither has he sniffed a bath towel on the beach as though it carries the scent of heaven. More and more adverts don't feature men at all, and the ones that do are generally not very good - the advert that is, not the actors! Up for a bit of controversy? OK, deep breath, here goes.

Feminism has gone too far. Dreamdaisy. (Yikes!)
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Dreamdaisy,

Here goes I agree feminism has gone too far....

I have run my own company for 14 years, work in IT still a male dominated profession and I am the main bread winner. But I think that some of the feminist issues are clap trap.

For example I know 2 couples who have recently had babies, the men are getting up during the night to do feeds, admirable you may think but they then have to get u and go to work. I am not saying they shouldn't share but surely it makes sense for the female to do the night time shift, they can grap a couple of hours kip during the day when the baby goes down.

I also like being treated like a woman (wimman - rehab) doors opened a bit of chivalry etc...

That's my initial thoughts.

Anne
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    I dont get why some men think as women want rights,feminism and all that it means they dont need to be polite e.g. opening doors or standing up to offer a seat.......
    I think the men that dont stand up for a pregnant woman on public transport arent men at all - my young son would stand up for one and thats nothing to do with he isnt paying full fare!
    The other week i was in a cafe and this young lad was collecting dirty plates(doing a part time job) and he asked did i enjoy my meal. He was so lovely with his manner that I said when he starts full employment he should work with people and not be stuck somewhere working alone.
  • oneday
    annebr wrote:
    Dreamdaisy,

Here goes I agree feminism has gone too far....

I have run my own company for 14 years, work in IT still a male dominated profession and I am the main bread winner. But I think that some of the feminist issues are clap trap.

For example I know 2 couples who have recently had babies, the men are getting up during the night to do feeds, admirable you may think but they then have to get u and go to work. I am not saying they shouldn't share but surely it makes sense for the female to do the night time shift, they can grap a couple of hours kip during the day when the baby goes down.

I also like being treated like a woman (wimman - rehab) doors opened a bit of chivalry etc...

That's my initial thoughts.

Anne

I think the same, why should the men get up when they have work the next day..of course helping out now and again etc is fine..
  • oneday
    rehab44 wrote:
    ok, ok ... Where is the punch line?? I can see the bait but where is the hook? any camera's hiding about????? Are you all after the £200 from You've been Framed

You wimmen are bleedin devious,, :shock: :shock: :shock:

me thinks you are playing safe
  • oneday
    infact rehab is playing so safe he has logged off the forum...but we know you are secretly watching, hee hee.....
  • oneday
    just sit back, get a cuppa.. behind the sofa..should be safe there.
    ps. i am bored....is anything on t.v.?
  • oneday
    hey, ooky cokey man, in out in out log on log off man...what you playing at........
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Funny you should mention men talking to their peckers, while I was out wild foraging a few years ago I found these little mushrooms, well of I trot home happier than Ray Meers knock up a nice wild fungi omelette then went for a pee half a hour later, there I stood draining me Hampton chatting away to it as you/we men do , well bugger me it only turned around winked at me and spoke back!, told me I was a right w&*ker and he had enough of me talking total b%$ocks to him and with that he hopped out me hand and ran out the loo!. Maybe the eggs were off!?. :shock:
  • dreamdaisy
    Right. Sit up straight and listen to teacher. Annebr thank you for your sensible post. Oneday, your first effort was good, but thereafter a decline ensued. The boys amongst you? I am very disappointed. I was hoping for some thoughtful and thought-provoking posts.

I do strongly feel that men may be in some quandary about their function and role in life. For example, if a bloke gives his seat up for a pregnant woman (bearing in mind she isn't ill, just uncomfortable) would he be granted polite thanks, or subject to a diatribe about being patronising?

I have had a bad fall tonight. I am not myself. I hate this life I now have to lead. $%^*& it. DD
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 27. Apr 2010, 18:26
    They are a separate entity to the rest of the human male. They do have a mind of their own -

In the words of John McEnroe, You can not be serious :!: :shock:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    On a similar note I have noticed that woman use their assets to get what they want. Must admit I do it as well as I was once told in work, I had that 1 extra button on my top undone!

I think the situation for the pregnant woman, man should tand up and also able bodied woman. But you are right Dreamdaisy many woman would act as if they had been lapped in the face with a wet kipper. I think manners have gone out the window.

Feminists want it all but is this possible?

Rehab, come out of hiding it's not an ambush. Maybe I am just old fashioned?

On the willy note, yes they all seem to be different and have 'individual traits' but as said earlier won't fall off if you ignore it for a while.

I think i have digressed?

Anne

P.S Dreamdaisy are you ok after the fall?
  • oneday
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Right. Sit up straight and listen to teacher. Annebr thank you for your sensible post. Oneday, your first effort was good, but thereafter a decline ensued. The boys amongst you? I am very disappointed. I was hoping for some thoughtful and thought-provoking posts.

I do strongly feel that men may be in some quandary about their function and role in life. For example, if a bloke gives his seat up for a pregnant woman (bearing in mind she isn't ill, just uncomfortable) would he be granted polite thanks, or subject to a diatribe about being patronising?

I have had a bad fall tonight. I am not myself. I hate this life I now have to lead. $%^*& it. DD

The womans answer therefore reflects on her-
    if she is impolite she has no manners...
    I would say thank you and think what a nice human being...
    Back on course now DD!
  • dreamdaisy
    Thanks for your enquiry, Annebr. No, not really, shaken and unfortunately stirred. Took over 30 mins to get up. Going thro a very bad patch at the moment, last thing I needed. Still. . . . .wotcher gonna do? DD.

Regarding a previous post about how do I know about willies being so different? I don't. That's a whole new thread, entitled 'I wish I'd Been More Promisucous When Young. Too late now.
  • dreamdaisy
    No. Off to bed. I've had enough. Will be in a better frame of mind tomorrow. DD
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Feminism was just starting to rear it`s ugly? - think Germaine Greer! - head, when I was leaving my teens.

I quickly decided that it wasn`t for me. Being feminINE worked far better, and, in hindsight, I`ve spent the last 40 odd years perfecting just that. Rightly or wrongly, it got me everything I ever wanted from life. :wink::wink:
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    angel 1

Feminism was just starting to rear it`s ugly? - think Germaine Greer!.

Hmm Ms Greer eh!, she's as happy and freindly as a pitbull chewing on a wasp, enough said I think :mrgreen:
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    I think Political Correctness has gone too far. I like having doors opened for me and being helped with heavy things. It's not because I'm weak and couldn't do it myself, it's because my husband or the fireman in question is a lot bigger than me and would find it easier to carry something heavy or is being polite! When we're out, I expect my hubby to pay for everything, otherwise what's the point of him tagging along?!

Nx :roll:
  • dreamdaisy
    Political correctness is different to feminism Feminism negates men. PC means you are not allowed to say anything even mildly derogatory against anyone who can't be classified as a WASP (as a general example) but those who ain't WASP can say what they like about those that are.

What I mean about men being endangered is that they are no longer appreciated for what they are, as a gender. I am so tired of women being catty and condescending about the men in their lives, the 'Oh poor thing, he's only a bloke' type of comment. Girls out-perform boys academically in the early stages because our brains are better set up for concentration and study. Theirs are set up for playing football and beating each other up, until there is a great shift in their teenage years, when the brain undergoes a huge developmental surge. Men need appreciation and compliments, just as we do. Of course I realise that I'm stating huge generalisations here, but you get the drift! Dreamdaisy.
  • joanlawson
    Do you think men and women have equal talents, abilities and
    potentials? Then you are a feminist.

Do you think men and women should receive equal pay for equal work?
    Then you are a feminist.

Do you think women who spend their lives making a home for their
    families deserve respect for the job they are doing? Then you are a
    feminist.

You're a feminist if you favour equal opportunities, equal
    responsibilities, and equal treatment for men and women. You are a
    feminist if you think promotions in business and other areas of life should be based on talent and not on gender.

Feminism is not a new phenomenon. It is as old as the human desire to be treated fairly and judged equally.

Joan
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    joanlawson wrote:
    Do you think men and women have equal talents, abilities and
    potentials? Then you are a feminist.

Do you think men and women should receive equal pay for equal work?
    Then you are a feminist.

Do you think women who spend their lives making a home for their
    families deserve respect for the job they are doing? Then you are a
    feminist.

You're a feminist if you favour equal opportunities, equal
    responsibilities, and equal treatment for men and women. You are a
    feminist if you think promotions in business and other areas of life should be based on talent and not on gender.

Feminism is not a new phenomenon. It is as old as the human desire to be treated fairly and judged equally.

Joan

Ah, but that`s the old fashioned form of feminism, which made sense, not the militant rubbish, which Germaine, and her ilk took far too far.

Do you emasculate the opposite sex?.....Then you`re our type of feminist.

Do you have hairy armpits, and look as ugly as sin?....Then you`re our type of feminist.

Do you burn your lovely Agent Provocateur bra`s, and let everything go South?.......Then you`re our type of feminist.

Have you ended up a lonely old woman?.......Then you`re our type of feminist.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Dream Daisy,

The beings of feminism I am grateful to a woman! I believe totally we are all equal as humans...... I think manners are often a problem and me I hold doors open for anyone, male t female!

I like men as long as they accept I am not an inferior being..... I think (or maybe hope) the next generation will have equality far more than mine or the one behind me. Don't know what that makes me......Poss deluded :lol::lol::lol::lol:

My sister is a true feminist and hell she is scary..... I so eel for her partner cus he is so nice and she treats him so badly, but for me its a manner and awareness of others that is her real problem.... god if she ever reads this I am carrion........... :shock: :shock: :lol::lol:

Hope your fall hasn't done too much damage to you? I know how you feel for some reason I fall at least once a week, always outside and I never know why..... Bones eh, why can't they just do their job :wink: Take care Cris
  • joanlawson
    Yes Ange, I agree that militant feminism is taking things too far, but the underlying princples of feminism still hold true. There still remain many areas of inequality beetween the sexes, so we can't be complacent. Germaine Greer is often ridiculed because of her extreme views, but she did raise our awareness and expectations. For that we should be grateful to her.

PS I love men,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Honest :!: :D
  • dreamdaisy
    Righty-ho. Count me in. And I know the offside rule to boot. Dreamdaisy
  • dreamdaisy
    Sent to your account in the Cayman Islands, as agreed.