Daytime telly is rubbish!!!!!

margareth64
margareth64 Member Posts: 148
edited 29. Apr 2010, 06:17 in Community Chit-chat archive
Since im off work and mainly housebound, ive been watching tv more than usual and its rubbish!!! Ive got sky and all those channels and not a thing thats interesting on them!!! Anyone else agree ?
Margaret

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Margaret,

I so agree with you except now and then I find something good on cbbc :oops: Oh did I say that............ :roll: Cris x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Can't beat Shaun the Sheep! I do think we have ludicrously high expectations of television. I think it's there to educate, inform and entertain, but it can't do that all of the time for all of the people. Thank God for BBC 4 which does have worthwhile viewing. I find commercial television very dispiriting on a day-to-day basis, then along comes stuff like The Closer and The Mentalist. Excellent kickback TV!

Let me tell you a secret. It is possible to (whisper this) switch it off and do other stuff, like read a book, do some puzzles, converse with the family. It's great, however, when my PA is so appalling I can't do anything - then it's soothing to lie in bed, snoozing all day long to the gentle accompaniment (sp? can't be bothered to get the dictionary out, too heavy for lifting today) of To Buy or not to Buy, Bargain Hunt, Doctors etc . Dreamdaisy
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • gickygawky
    gickygawky Member Posts: 478
    I completely agree.

Our TV stays off until my hubby comes home in the evening.

It surpises me that there is so much rubbish on daytime TV - is there anything work a look at that I haven't found??

A x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    It's all rubbish but as Dreamdaisy says.....there are times when you must.

I ahve been known to watch Jezza Kyle while ironing though d020.gif makes the time pass quicker :oops:

Normally though - no Tv till after tea for me (not Tv till after school for kids) that means shaun can come on :D

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Hi Gickygawky, have given your request some thought and the answer is no. Unless Shawn is on. Dreamdaisy.
  • wendgro
    wendgro Member Posts: 296
    Since im off work and mainly housebound, ive been watching tv more than usual and its rubbish!!! Ive got sky and all those channels and not a thing thats interesting on them!!! Anyone else agree ?[/quote Over the past few months I have been watching day time tele chasing Poirot !! visiting Auctions Dr Quinn Darling Buds of May Loads more oldies nostalgic if nothing else But genuine daytime shows in my opinion are in some cases not worth watching
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    I don't watch daytime TV much, but do watch Loose Women occasionally as it can be quite amusing.

I've also watched 60 Minute Makeover. I'm sure all the wallpaper falls off as soon as the programme is finished. It would be interesting to return to some of the houses to see what they were like a week later.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    From what I’ve seen of day time tV I’m sure the human species is diverging into 2 distinct subgroups Homo sapiens and a new Neanderthal type I have given the Latin name of Thickus Kylus chavus, to view the behavioural habits of this low intelligent violent species just tune into an episode of Jeremy Kyle and all will become clear.
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Dont you like 60 minuite make over?
    The rest i agree is rubbish.
    What would you put on the tv if you were a tv programmer?from joanne
    Joanne
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    frogmorton wrote:
    It's all rubbish but as Dreamdaisy says.....there are times when you must.

I ahve been known to watch Jezza Kyle while ironing though d020.gif makes the time pass quicker :oops:

Normally though - no Tv till after tea for me (not Tv till after school for kids) that means shaun can come on :D

Toni xx

I dont usually watch Kyle show but did you see it yesterday?
    A good job i wasnt having a cuppa as i would have spurted it out. This woman was on because she wasnt happy with her 62 year old mums behaviour with chaps (putting it nicely, if you get my drift)..so i was expecting some glam gran..well i was gobsmacked..she looked 82....
  • oneday
    lol i feel normal when ever ive seen that show :shock: [thank god!!]

what gets me is these people who come on with relationship problems when they have only known each other for about 3 months. I am surprised the programme ever gets made before they break up. It makes me cringe and these people are amongst us, probably the weirdos you hope dont sit next to you on public transport and lifts!
  • dreamdaisy
    Hi Suncatcher, what an extremely good question. The problem is, I suppose, you have to cater for everyone's taste, and, let's face it, many people have no taste whatsoever (present company excluded, of course). It is a very difficult thing to do. I thought when we aquired Freeview we would see some variety but no, it's allrepeats and the same stuff going round and round. Don't mind that necessarily tho, 'cos I love QI, Men Behaving Badly, Black Books (thank you Dave). ITV3 did some recent re-runs recently, notable The Beiderbecke Affair.

I can't stand soaps, especially when the characters make the headlines as tho they're real people. Huh? Why? And why do real people shout abuse in the street at the actor playing a character in a soap who may be up to bad things? How moronic the general public can be.

Anyone caught that excellent series on maps, currently on BBC4? Who had the idea for that, who had the guts to see it through? Well done Auntie! The life of a scheduler/commissioner is not to be envied. Dreamdaisy
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    I don't watch daytime TV - obviously I work full time, so it would be difficult (or I wouldn't last very long in my job) but the blokes at work are very fond of watching Bargain Hunt at lunchtimes on the work TV. It's an ongoing debate - which is worse, their choice of watching daytime TV or mine of reading Woman :-D

At the weekends, we tend to leave the TV off during the day unless my hubby wants to watch the cricket. I gave up years ago expecting anything to be one. When I have days off work, I usually plan other stuff in so I don't have time for TV.

Jeremy Kyle - I quite fancy him, I think he's lurvely, but I'm sure the people on his show must be actors.

Nx
  • dreamdaisy
    Ninakang, they're real. Dreamdaisy.
  • oneday
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Ninakang, they're real. Dreamdaisy.

think they should be sterilised on their way out of the show!
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Didn't a judge say Jeremy Kayle was the equivalent to modern day bare baiting?
  • annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    NCIS is a fav only because I am in love with Abby :D[/quote]

Rehab, I have found another fan, I have watched every series from the strat twice now. And I agree about Abby, I googled her and she is very attractive!

Anne x
  • dreamdaisy
    Abby? No, she doesn't bring out my inner lezzie, too contrived, though I adore her farting hippo. So want one of those. Charlotte Rampling? Oh yes. Lauren Bacall? Oh yes. My happily-married friend Lena? Oh yes. NCIS worth it for Mark Harmon and the Proby. So sweet. Shag Harmon, spend a fascinating afternoon googling stuff with the Proby. Dreamdaisy
  • jean123
    jean123 Member Posts: 642
    Hi Anne,

Count me in as another NCIS fan. I love Abby, and think Ziva is really good too!!

Jean
  • annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    Ziva is what I aspire to be in the world of IT, kick a** with style. Can't say I would S*** any of the men though. Did you know that Mark Harmon was voted sexiest man a few years ago and that he is married to Mindy, Mork & Mindy for 23 years?

Inner Lezzie?? Well there is an advert for benecol or something (dancing on the treadmills) and the brunnette is very attractive!

Anne
  • suncatcher
    I would like to see a few films in the day. I like old and new films. why should they just make an effert in having the best films at christmas, easter, bank holidays. why not any time i love chick flicks, comadys, love moma mia, king and i.
    I did watch 60 minuit make over today. The lady they had the make over for had Rhoumatoid Arthrtis and she just cryed with joy. She said things like " This dont happen to me". I like this as you could see how much she was loved by her family. The lady was so happy i cried to, just wonderful.
    Joanne
  • dreamdaisy
    I forgot Ruth Watson. What a face. She was Jane Eyre to Toby Wotsit's Mr Rochester. She's coming up shortly in a new thriller series on BBC 1 with a tall black guy whose name I forget but he is 6'3". So love tall men. My first boyfriend was 6'10" but my Lovely Husband is only 5'3". I'm 5'8". Rambling now. Off to bed. 'Night all. DD
  • suncatcher
    Good night dream daisy im going up now also the tvs gone rubbish again. from joanne
    Joanne
  • dreamdaisy
    Hi Annebr. Re the benecol ad - the one with the treadmills? So get you about the brunette. It's that aloof, icy thing that Rampling, and I suppose Marlene Dietrich, have in spades. Dietrich too manly tho. Dreamdaisy
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    lol i feel normal when ever ive seen that show :shock: [thank god!!]

Me too Jan.

elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein