Oh Gordon, Gordon, Gordon . .

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 29. Apr 2010, 04:58 in Community Chit-chat archive
I've just heard the lunchtime news. Gordon Brown has been caught on tape stating that a long-standing labour supporter he had just spoken to was a bigot. He has rung her to apologise, she is very upset. Gordon, if you want to be regarded as a statesman, behave like one and remember a basic rule: if there's a mike near you, it's probably on. Dreamdaisy
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    edited 28. Apr 2010, 10:16
    Flippin heck talk about dig hole then fall in, Oh dear I think has just signed his own death warrant.

Not sure about Mrs T being a statsman though rehab, pit bull with an attitude to match I would say, I'll give her due She didn't take any pooh form those other people over the channel though which was a refreshing change, I thought she went a little bit mad at the end of it all though, mind you dealing with all those Professional parasites probably didn't help.
  • dreamdaisy
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    It gets worse. He is now in her house (3.10pm) apologising in person - poor man, how awkward. Apparently he was wearing a radio mike. Duh. And he wants people to vote for him? I suppose we're lucky, we can make our gaffes in private and it isn't all over the news, but really . . . . what a prat. Way to go, Gord! Here's my foot, here's my gun . . . BANG! Dreamdaisy
  • mellman01
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    It gets worse. He is now in her house (3.10pm) apologising in person - poor man, how awkward. Apparently he was wearing a radio mike. Duh. And he wants people to vote for him? I suppose we're lucky, we can make our gaffes in private and it isn't all over the news, but really . . . . what a prat. Way to go, Gord! Here's my foot, here's my gun . . . BANG! Dreamdaisy

The hole gets bigger, bet old Dave is laughing his cods off! :mrgreen:
  • dreamdaisy
    I do not know if she is/was a bigot or not. Apparently she was asking reasonable questions about immigration, which is always a touchy area for all politicos. Whether she is or not isn't the point.

You never express a personal opinion on anything when a) in public life and b) wired to the gills with a live mike. He may be a clever man but that doesn't make him an intelligent man. His more immediate problem is his complete and utter lack of charisma. He couldn't lead me to the bar, even if my pint is already pulled and sitting there. Dreamdaisy.
  • mellman01
    The truth will out as they say and this is a good case of that, mind you I would imagine that most MP’s think the same way, I have no misconceptions that Dave and his crew are any better, our political system is so rotten and dissociated from the reality of everyday life is breath taking.
    It’s odd how they (politicians) immediately embrace the modern media and information technology we have these days to get their propaganda across but the political system we have is still stuck in the flippin dark ages, it’s bloated and well past it’s sell by date, it’s not very democratic either, it’s designed to keep the same old two parties in control here.
    And rather than tackle a problem head on they like the Catholic Church they metaphorically sweep it under the carpet where it sits festering and getting increasingly bigger and more dangerous by the day.
    And why are politicians always interested in championing the cause of the minority rather than the concerns of the majority I thought it was meant to be the other way round? For example nearly70% of people say immigration is a worrying and serious problem yet we aren’t even allowed to discuss it, when anyone does dare mention this issue they are immediately shouted down as a racist by the vociferous PC minority or called a bigot by the unelected PM, the same goes for the welfare state, we all know what the big problems are but again can’t say what we all know and see as we live our hectic little live down here in the real world.
    I’m not sure but I sometimes wonder if the majority of politicians see the general public as nothing more than a handy source of tax revenue that are only here to shut up and pay up.
  • dreamdaisy
    I should imagine that Dave and Nick are thinking 'There but for the grace of God go I'. Nice rant, mellman, well done! I hope that all our elected politicians start out with good intentions of helping the populace etc, but once they get to Westminster it all goes tits up and it's every man for himself.

Though not naturally a Labour supporter (or any other supporter really, float like a butterfly, sting like a mole, that's me) I do have to register my admiration for our local MP who is of that party. He was one of the few, in the expenses scandal, to claim only the absolute minimum - indeed, I think he claimed less. Dreamdaisy.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Nice rant, mellman, well done!

He IS damn good ranter our Mell isn't he?!!!

Toni xx
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    rehab44 wrote:
    Got a link to that Dell? I haven't heard nuffin about it yet in the wilds of Brum

Try thesun.co.uk it has some very funny articles about it :-D

Nx
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    I was watching the news when that happend to Mr Brown. At least we know how he feels about us. It was on Sky News.

They pick people out to talk to them.

He had been promising men who are doing communitys service jobs after they had finished.

Trishx
  • mellman01
    frogmorton wrote:
    Nice rant, mellman, well done!

He IS damn good ranter our Mell isn't he?!!!

Toni xx

Thanks Toni I wasn't sure if I would upset somone on here, it's not a dig at Just Mr Bean(AKA Baldrick Brown) it's all of em every man Jack of em, well them and the "system", I think David Icke might just be right, there all really Lizard aliens you know, I'm orft to get me tin foil and purple track suit just to be safe!., I'll tell you something though if I start to see cop circles in the maze field out back of our house I'm going to hide in the bath, I've see that film with Mel Gibbson no ones fooling me!.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Mell

Oh no!!

you didnt upset us - we love a good rant :wink:

I've got a metal colander you can borrow?? If it's any help???

Off to Bham 'university' tonight I think they are....dont we know someone from that neck of the woods???

Toni xx