Question Time tonight 29 April

naseebapnaapna
naseebapnaapna Member Posts: 201
edited 1. May 2010, 06:04 in Living with Arthritis archive
To all members.

if you can, please try to watch Question Time tonight.

we have representatives from walsall disabilty forum going, adn they aveh questions prepared related to our situations. i hope they are chosen to ask the questions.

sangita

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Sangita,

Nice to see you :D Hope your ok? Hey if they do get chosen it will be interesting to see what their answers are...... ((( ))) Cris xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Thankyou Sangita,
    I will do my best but glad for the warning,
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Hi sangita,

I will be watching...and fingers crossed they do get chosen to ask questions....it would be great to have an opportunity to hear what the politicians have to say about disability issues.
    thus far in all the election coverage I've only seen disability mentioned during the David Cameron 'walkabout' when a disabled child's father cornered him about access to mainstream schools.

Other than that 'we' seem to be invisible.

Iris x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    dorcas wrote:

Other than that 'we' seem to be invisible.

Iris x

Yes, invisible, it does appear to be that way, along with a whole load of other peeps for a variety of different reasons.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Thanks for the tip off.

Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Hi Sangita

Thanks for telling us. I'll certainly make a point of watching it.

Regards
    Sharmaine

To all members.

we have representatives from walsall disabilty forum going, adn they aveh questions prepared related to our situations. i hope they are chosen to ask the questions.

sangita
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Hi Sangita

I recorded Question Time and watched it this morning. Did they manage to get their question in......?? I may have missed it. They made a point of mentioning their website - maybe the question was asked there instead.

I'll have a look.

Sharmaine

To all members.

sangita
  • naseebapnaapna
    naseebapnaapna Member Posts: 201
    hi sharmaine,

no he didn't get to aks his questions, nor did the other person.#

but both the people who made points who were sitting at the front, our right on the screen made a point, adn he was the one who talked about being diabled and not getting anything from the leaders about anything done for us. he did make a point of saying he is disabled.

anyway, now we know, that we should try to get to QT when they are in our region adn try toget our points across.

especially when health miniters/shadows are on, adn also try to get across to them how difficult life is for people with muscoskeletal condiotions, who have to live teir whole lives with it, nto only cancers. as if cansers are caught early enough, htey can be treated and operated away. we can only hope for remission.

sangita