New lease of life

wendgro
wendgro Member Posts: 296
edited 29. Apr 2010, 13:18 in Living with Arthritis archive
Got up this morning with a swing (metaphorically speaking) in my step knowing I am op free for at least a year. Time now to get all the jobs done I have been putting off . My surgeon is such a nice man for the first time I felt someone was actually listening to me. Thanks for all your comments on my other post

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    It is so good to have made up one's mind about not having the op. That in itself makes one feel so much better :D:D

How different we all are though. :D I am so pleased that in the last two years, I have both my knee replacements under my belt and can again enjoy walking anywhere for any length of time, which was a distant memory. Added to that, a couple of miraculous injections in my lower spine, on 3 December 2009, completely wiped out the sciatica misery I had suffered for a year. Fingers crossed that lasts. I can do so much more, so much quicker. Thank goodness for prothesises.

Enjoy catching up with all those chores and enjoyhaving a good time! :D

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hi,
    Its nice that things are going well for you both. Understanding and communicating is very important to your well-being. I think a lot of problems are caused and people made to feel upset because of simple lack of communication. Love Sue
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    That is great news!

what a cheery thread to read. :D

Iris x
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Hi Elna - am really looking forward to being able to walk anywhere for any distance AND pain free too - enjoy. Long may it last.

Wendgro - the not knowing is the worst isn't it. Glad you know the plan, enjoy catching up on chores.

Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Wendy

So good to see you so upbeat :D

Very pleased you will be looking so positively on this next 12 months - busy busy :!: :!: :wink:

Good you have a surgeon who LISTENS :D
    Love

Toni xx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Hi, is'nt strange that just the knowledge of not having to, can make you feel so much better in yourself. Enjoy the peace of mind and the summer when it finally comes. :D Ix