pain and that old ill feeling.

mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 30. Apr 2010, 11:39 in Living with Arthritis archive
Having a few problems with my OA just now, ie flare coming, does anyone with knee OA or RA ever feel sick from the pain??, I ask coz it gets me like that, I’m sitting here feeling bloody awful even with pain meds. once I sit down for a while the feeling slowly goes but stand up and it comes right back with the pain.
Sorry getting pissed off with it, I have had a good run very little pain and now it's going bloody west again, god no wonder me heards all messed up, even I haven't got a clue what is going on these days!, sorry about me rant but I need to vent me spleen.
:roll:

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Mel,

I do if I push my luck, in fact if I push it now a days I am sick and then black out..... I really hope it gets better for you soon.

oa burns have sometimes big bits in between and the burn sometimes is only for a few weeks. I hope its a short one and hope you have been back to the gp and got some better relief for it all. I really hope it soon backs off for you. ((( ))) and hang in there. Cris x
  • mellman01
    Hi Cris, it's not as bad as it has been, it's odd but normally once a flare comes along it hits hard and stays very active then disapates over a day or so until I'm clear of it, this flare is like the last 2, really drawn out and almost intermittent some times, really driving me mad as I want to start shouting that things are getting better but the last 2 times I did that I got a real kicking when it came back in anger and made me look a twerp, well more than I normally do anyway!.
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Hi mellman!

Yep....flares, pain, fatigue and feeling sick....great arther combo that. :roll: the greater the pain as it builds the more ill I feel. Oh and don't forget the headaches!

Hope you feel better soon mellman! just when you thought you had the last flare over with.....bl**dy arther . :x :x

Cris...be careful of pushing yourself so hard that you black out with pain. :shock: :? do you get any warning that's going to happen?

have you mentioned that to your docs?

:oops: sorry for being bossy and nosey. :oops:

Iris x
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    does anyone with knee OA or RA ever feel sick from the pain??,
    Yes, Mellman - when it is as its worst. Horrid isn't it? Was like that Tues today.

Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Oh Mell
    I AM so sorry :(

Yes I can feel sick with pain

I ahve even been sick with it before now :(

My heart goes out to you.

Love

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh yes, been there too. Sometimes it's due to too many painkillers - I'm apt to take too many tramadol 'cos I forget whast I've had and when, but yes, the pain can cause nausea too. I'm so sorry mellman. Keep your fluid levels up and rest as much as you can. Dreamdaisy
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Iris,

Yep there is some warning..... I get binding pain, ringing in the ears, feel sick and usually throw up. Then if I don't take the weight off my back I go out...... Its only if I push it too far and well I do tend to do that quite a it. The pregabalin has halved the amount of times it happens now.... I used to do it often in Tescos though thankfully skipped the throwing up :lol::lol::lol: I can't stand still for long and even weaving doesn't help but back then I was softer and wasn't on the pregabalin so black out quicker. Bit embarrassing really but its a pain that takes your breath away and hit the base of your brain as well...... The joys of oa at there best! :wink: Tis its cus its in the spine.... The pa is in the neck and arms so that might be why I do it with over exertion but the pain the same just more of it :roll:

Hey the uslesses put me off mentioning it but maybe I should though its often in the sheep shed and I do ask for it you know..... (((( )))) Cris xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh mell I have never been one to swear alot, but since I got arthur I do, like you I have been sick a couple of times with the pain, but like someone said it can sometimes be down to extra meds.
    Hope you are feeling better very soon
    same to you cris be careful.
    Love
    Barbara
  • mellman01
    Hi all thanks for the replies bin in bed felt worn out, it's really odd this bloody time, sort of drawn out comes in waves much more than before, still I was so worn out from work( didn't do much just drank coffee and moaned morunfully in a dark corner).
    I have only had this for 2 years but it's really crazy the way it can go and then come back like it does, I have had a good run for my money but for the life of me it's like I'm stuck in some bloody nightmare.
    It's like I am being hunted by a beast I can't see smell touch or hear, but I can detect it by some 6th sense, it's hard to explain but I can almost feel it, it has no face nor form, but it's alway's there in the shadows just waiting, observing, prepairing to strike me down when it feels good and ready. those who don't know this beast simply call it pain, it's much more than that, but I know its name, I simply call it evil.
    It's chooses when and where it strikes, I have no say, all I know is it wont leave me, in fact it will become more tenacious with time, we are locked in an embrace to the end, I know one day it will win.

Sorry for me ramblings but while it's in my head I thought I would get it down on cyber ink. :oops:
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Hi Mel, yes, it does make you feel nauseated, moreso if I have to stand in one place, for any reason, or sit in one position for more than say 10 minutes or so, have to potter otherwise it is like a dreadful burning pain, which you don't know what to do with. Pain meds help, but, as others have said, they can make you feel rotten at times, the more meds you take, the more chance of feeling sickly, especially Tramodol, they want to give me that, but I refused. I would have to have anti sickness pills to take them, without a doubt. Hope the flare goes away very soon, Hugs, xx Bubbles
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • mellman01
    Thanks bubbles, still with me this morningm kept me up last night as well, but as I said before it's more drawn out, still if I stand up to move I have to sit down as soon as I can as I know the discomfort will be starting soon and the longer I stand the more discomfort I will get and for a longer time before it calms down, then it's a repeat cycle until it goes.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Thinking of you. Dreamdaisy
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi mell

Just checking in to see if you are ok today and i see you aren't :( I am so sorry.
    Please do your best to rest and take it as easy as you can

Thinking of you

Love

Toni xx
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hope you are feeling better today. Probably feeling a bit stiff and achy, though, I expect.

I had that problem yesterday. I thought that I'd do some weeding, not much, but after 20 mins I stood up and the pain was awful, all my joints but my neck and bottom of my back hurt and I couldn't turn my head for pain.
  • mellman01
    Hi all well didn't rest up been into work but knees are still playing up, same old thing when I stand up the discomfort starts so I have to sit down, feeling bloody tired now, probably the pain killers, and to top it all there seems to be a war raging on thr chit chat forum, I blame it on the OA and RA it makes us all cranky as hell, well it does me!. :roll: