Bad night

margareth64
margareth64 Member Posts: 148
edited 30. Apr 2010, 13:05 in Living with Arthritis archive
Morning everyone
I got up yesterday feeling great the pain was barely ther , just a wee ache. I thought happy days, so i went shopping .I should tell you i walk every where i cant drive, so off i toddled. and walked home with 3 jars of pasta sauce, 2 bags of frozen chips etc I then took Sasha ,my beautiful lab pup shes 5mths old, for a longer walk than usual!! Did housework and cooked dinner. Then it hit me about 10pm i had to crawl up stairs couldnt stand up! Id rather have another baby labour was easier!! So that was me all nite. Doped up to eyeballs bad this morning too . Is this normal for it to nearly disappear then come back so strongly ???? If i was a dog theyed put me down!!! :cry:
Margaret

Comments

• theresa4
    theresa4 Member Posts: 696
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Morning everyone
    I got up yesterday feeling great the pain was barely ther , just a wee ache. I thought happy days, so i went shopping .I should tell you i walk every where i cant drive, so off i toddled. and walked home with 3 jars of pasta sauce, 2 bags of frozen chips etc I then took Sasha ,my beautiful lab pup shes 5mths old, for a longer walk than usual!! Did housework and cooked dinner. Then it hit me about 10pm i had to crawl up stairs couldnt stand up! Id rather have another baby labour was easier!! So that was me all nite. Doped up to eyeballs bad this morning too . Is this normal for it to nearly disappear then come back so strongly ???? If i was a dog theyed put me down!!! :cry:
    YES! its normal its so easy for us to think ooh no(or little pain) and rush around cramming in loads of things only to find we cant move the next day (or two ..or threee :lol: ).
    I know the nature of my arthur now I get a slight repreive and feel really good , not pain free but good, I set about doing jobs I cant usually manage, shopping, cooking, cleaning, long dog walks all in one day as I know even if I just do one or two things there's a good chance I wont be moving the next day anyway so what the hell :lol: And of course the next day I crawl out of bed to the loo and back again unable to dress myself I dope myself up and try sleep and remind myself to pace myself next time :shock: (yeah right of course I will) and so the cycle begins.
    Seriously though I am learning to try enjoy the good days and on bad days remind myself I will get another good day and make the most of it. When it really gets me down I have a moan and a chat with people on here and it helps. Hope you feel better soon

Love Theresa x :)
    There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those. --Michael Nolan

Theresa xxx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    hi been here done that it called over doing it not nice at all so take things steady till you over it sorry it happened it such a downer just when you feel things looking up lol
    val
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Margaret,

No they wouldn't they'd put you on metacam or rimadol :lol::lol::lol: Or maybe preds or medrone :lol::lol::lol: Sasha sounds lovely.... if she is yellow I going to have to come and walk her....... don't let me....

Seriously sometimes it can come and go and its easy to over do it and well bones don't like you taking too many liberties and have a habit of reminding you. Its all about balance I guess but I have never found it really...... I hope you soon feel less doped and in less pain ((( ))) Cris x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    It's a Catch 22. You feel good, you do stuff, you don't feel good. It's dificult trying to pace yourself when all seems bright but I now recognises that 'WOW, I feel good' feeling for the devious bitch she is and I don't believe her for one moment. Rest today, and the next time you feel good - take it gently! Dreamdaisy
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Margaret

Mistake number 1 - doing too much!!

Poor you I hope you recover very very soon.

Think you just have to learn to pace yourself :( I am sorry.

Mind you...did you enjoy what you did?? If so then it might have been worth it?

Take care and rest up

Love

Toni xx
  • margareth64
    margareth64 Member Posts: 148
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi Margaret

Mistake number 1 - doing too much!!

Poor you I hope you recover very very soon.

Think you just have to learn to pace yourself :( I am sorry.

Mind you...did you enjoy what you did?? If so then it might have been worth it?

Take care and rest up

Love

Toni xx

Hi
    Thanks for all your words of support.
    I must admit i did enjoy my day just like being normal!!! :lol: Whate ver that is?! Yes my puppy is Yellow she also has a pale nose and eyes shes what they call a dud or dudley if you type in dudley labrador you see lots of lovely photos of them!!! :D
    Margaret
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    HI Margaret - not surprised you ached - that was a VERY busy day!! That is the problem isn't it - we feel great, over do it and then pay for our mistake .... over and over!!
    Hope you feel better soon.

Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.