The Definition of Bigot

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 1. May 2010, 03:07 in Community Chit-chat archive
It means an obstinate and belligerent believer in a religious or political theory. Well Gordon, if the cap fits . . . . .

We associate the word today with racial matters, perhaps incorrectly. Dreamdaisy
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• wendgro
    wendgro Member Posts: 296
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    It means an obstinate and belligerent believer in a religious or political theory. Well Gordon, if the cap fits . . . . .

We associate the word today with racial matters, perhaps in correctly. Dreamdaisy
    He may well hold his head in his hands he blotted his copy book well and truly Just watching the lunch time news guess who is on ?
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Hi, I think that Gordon has shot himself in the foot with this, feel really sorry for the lady though love Jaspercatxx
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    I like these two old sayings.

Anyone show an interest of becoming a Politian should be shot.

And don't vote as it only encourages them.

Sadly for Gordon (Baldrick) Brown he hasn't got a cunning plan this time, he looked like a cockroach on a white carpet the poor old bugger. :shock:
  • cthornley
    cthornley Member Posts: 627
    I think that Gordon should have answered her question....' these immigrants , all these eastern europeans where are they flocking from?'....Eastern Europe perhaps?

Pity that this is all their gonna talk about for ages a illjudged and misplaced remark is gonna distract us from anything that has any real meaning

I'm not a big Brown fan and he did need to apologise for it but I think everybody needs to get past it after all who hands up can honestly say they have never said something behind somebody's back we are just all lucky we don't get wired up to a microphone everyday.

when I used to do acting as a youngster we used those radio mic's all the time and mishaps of that sort often happened, the funniest time was when the lead actor nipped off between scenes to do a quick wee.....the sound of which was broadcast around the 1000people audience :oops:
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    cthornley wrote:

after all who hands up can honestly say they have never said something behind somebody's back we are just all lucky we don't get wired up to a microphone everyday.

that's a good point ......... and maybe if someone is asking a question they also need to listen to the answer they are given before trying to respond? otherwise why ask the question?
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    I bet Tony and Cherie Blair are having a good laugh over Gordon's blunder :D
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    had loads of rubbish from the different people wanting us to vote for them so loked at who lived in my town well only one lol guess who will get my vote .
    val
  • mellman01
    Listen I've got a plan you lot, if they are all over here why don't we all go over there!, I'll sell me house dogs odds and sods get a lime green thongy thing and do a Borat, WOW!!, I could have it made!, just think I could live like a king on less than 50p a day, OK so who cares the mediction is a bootleg Chinese copy that will probably burn out your liver at 5p a tablet it's worth the risk!!, right who's coming with me?. :mrgreen:
  • mellman01
    Also he should have been more cautious with certain areas of the media, who's mic was it anyway?, Sky news Murdoch's lot and who is he they backing??, David Cameron, enough said.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    i would have removed it straight away he been in government long enough to know not to trust media. for some one who is good with numbers he rubish with people but do we want show man or some one who works at getting it right even if doing rubbish job we not as bad as other countrys so far
    val
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    delboy wrote:
    Brown wasn't wrong to say what he though but he was wrong in kowtowing to the media outcry and licking the backside of the woman and grovelling to all and sundry. He should have stuck to his guns IMO.

delboy I totally agree with you.

Julie
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • cheshirefay
    cheshirefay Member Posts: 43
    snowball wrote:
    delboy wrote:
    Brown wasn't wrong to say what he though but he was wrong in kowtowing to the media outcry and licking the backside of the woman and grovelling to all and sundry. He should have stuck to his guns IMO.

delboy I totally agree with you.

Julie

Me too ,
    Does anyone remember The Thatcher years :cry:
  • dreamdaisy
    He insulted a long-term member of his party, someone he wants to vote for him. Of course he should apologise, and he did. Credit to the twerp for that. His contempt for the common voter is all-too well known, we saw him in his true colours and gloriously revealed in all his stupidity. He may think that he understands economics, but that is the limit of the man. Leaders need charisma and he ain't got it. Dreamdaisy
  • cheshirefay
    cheshirefay Member Posts: 43
    delboy wrote:
    valval wrote:
    ... for some one who is good with numbers ..

If he was we wouldn't be in the mess we are now.

A very funny but slightly rude video http://www.b3ta.com/links/David_Cameron_Common_People

Brilliant funny video Dellboy,

Did anyone watch the documentary When Dave met Boris on a few months ago? Terrifying that this upper class twit could be soon PM!!
  • dreamdaisy
    We should remember that it is the civil servants that run the country, not the figureheads. The civil servants don't change identity at an election, you don't have Tory ones, or Labour ones, or LibDem ones. Dreamdaisy
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    George Bush did a similar thing a few years back.Cant remember what he called the guy but it was less than polite.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein