renewal for DLA

mike77
mike77 Member Posts: 879
edited 1. May 2010, 05:51 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi All, I got the renewal form for my DLA , its came early do I fill it in now are wait, its up in October, if I fill it in now will get cab to help me

Mike R & Hazel & Mike JR
Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Do it when you feel able but they say the sooner the better. You might have to wait for an appointment with CAB so If I was you I would ring them to arrange one as soon as possible,
    Best wishes and good luck
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Hi Mike

You are SO right you do it with CAB - this time you should get a better result eh??

I know you wont forget to photocopy the completed form.

Mind you could start making notes now...???

You must let us know how it goes won't you?

Love

Toni xx
  • pols090607
    pols090607 Bots Posts: 126
    hi,

i would do it as soon as you can.

in 07 i was awarded lowest rate care component, i delayed filling in the forms for 08 for one reason or another and they knocked it back that time, don't know if the delay was the reason why ? don't think i did myself any favours for not sending it in on time anyway ?

i have re-applied last week, god knows how i will get on this time. :roll:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    If they've sent it, do it! And yes, keep a copy for yourself. Good luck with it all. Dreamdaisy
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mightymam
    mightymam Member Posts: 38
    I have my DLA forms to fill in. What is CAB.
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    mightymam wrote:
    I have my DLA forms to fill in. What is CAB.
    Its Citizens advice bureau.
    Good luck to you all.
    debs
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    pols090607 wrote:
    hi,

i would do it as soon as you can.

in 07 i was awarded lowest rate care component, i delayed filling in the forms for 08 for one reason or another and they knocked it back that time, don't know if the delay was the reason why ? don't think i did myself any favours for not sending it in on time anyway ?

i have re-applied last week, god knows how i will get on this time. :roll:

Legs

Good luck to you anyway.

Trish xx
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    mike77 wrote:
    Hi All, I got the renewal form for my DLA , its came early do I fill it in now are wait, its up in October, if I fill it in now will get cab to help me

Mike R & Hazel & Mike JR

High Mike

I would do it ASAP they cannot say they never got it late

Trish x
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Hi Mike,

I agree with everyone else....fill it in and get it back to them but do get CAB to help as they know exactly how to fill these forms in !

please remember not to minimise how arther affects you...I think we all tend to do that as a way of denying arther...so describe in as much detail how it impacts on your daily life on a bad day and you won't go far wrong.
    If you kept a copy of your last DLA claim form (always wise to do that) check it out and use that as a starting point for noting down the differences in what your needs are now, before you see CAB.

If you have reports from your rheummy or doc , OT or physio...anyone you've been attending send these in with your form.
    If you don't have reports but know that over the last while (since the last claim) these professionals have written to your doc , ask for copies from your surgery!...it all helps to evidence how the disease has progressed which is what the DLA bods are looking for to help make their decision.

Good luck to anyone applying or re applying. :wink::wink:

Iris x

lots of love to Hazel and Mike jnr too xxxxxxx
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Hi Mike, asap is the order of the day I think. Gather as much info and support as possible from your Drs Consultants etc, they should all help by supporting your case.
    Make sure you write down everything that you need care / help with and how long it takes, they base their awards on the amount of time and if it is frequent and or significant. They seem to disregard the actuall illnesss and diagnosis, it is mainly needs based. Trust me, I am well into the battles with the DLA, just need to win the war now. Hope they give you the proper award and don't mess you about. XX Bubbles
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).