ESA tribunal forms

Options
woodbon
woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
edited 2. May 2010, 05:07 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi agian,
I've just had the papers through for my ESA tribunal and also the report that my GP has written.

The report seems to me to be very easy to read and sraight to the point, much medical jargon. She has put in things that I didn't think of, like the fact that I have tried to go back to work several times in the last 2 years, but have had to give up, also she said that the consultants have not finished treatment. She also says that I'm still having complex tests and I am still under several hospital departments and have had surgery, she says that I am still having assessments and treatment for pain control! She also says that I have been found unfit to do any kind of work by an NHS doctor, with a qualification in Occupational Health!!! One of the things that she says is that the appeal procedure has effected my mental health and I am on anti depressants, which had to be increased during this time. Also, she mentions that the medication I am on makes me sleepy and less able to focus!!! (I'll use that one when I forget something I'm supposed to tell my husband :wink:.

All this has made me feel that I should go forward with my appeal. I think I was having a bad time at the weekend, when everything seemed too much to contemplate. Also, if I really feel I can't do it, the appeal can go ahead without me. I know this makes it harder to have the decission changed, but I'm more interested in having a way out of going to what feels like a court.

Win or loose, the only way of changing things is to challenge them and for my own respect I need to do this. Thats my feeling at the moment.

Sorry, this is a long post, but I thought some of you may remember all the other things I've said and you have all given me so much support, that I feel supported by people who are either going through the same process or have been thee. I'll shut up now!
Thank you all, love Sue xxx

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    These things are trying and daunting and a bore chore but . . . can be worth the effort. Every one needs a few days' break from a fight, to re-charge batteries etc. Your GP seems to have done a smashing report for you, so return the compliment and battle on! Dreamdaisy
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • patriciamary
    patriciamary Member Posts: 117
    Options
    Hi Sue
    I went through a DLA appeal on the 9th April 2010, like you I was very tempted to give up and many times I cried because I thought I had had enough. Either bravely or stupidly (not sure which) I attended the appeal and was very nervous. Once I got into the appeal room I felt strong, I thought as long as I tell the truth I have nothing to lose. Well I did, even though at one point I started crying, I just answered their questions and that was that. Guess what, I won, I was awarded DLA. My original application was 28th April 2009. I know its very difficult, it seems so much easier to give up, but I feel the system is designed to make us do just that. I understand how you feel and hope you can find the strength to carry on. Many times when I was on the verge of giving up I came on this forum and took strength from all the people that were sending me support. Only you can decide, but remember when you win you feel sooooooooooooo good.
    Trisha
  • noeltone
    noeltone Member Posts: 878
    Options
    Best of luck Sue with your appeal if you do not go will someone be there to represent you just to make sure they do not do anything under hand just a thought???? could you ask them who will be responsible for your health well being if they persist in saying you can work tell them you have rights and this is violating your human rights????
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi,
    Thanks for the reply, I am feeling more posative today, all the support I've had here and from my long suffering husband! If I didn't go myself, my husband would go instead, hes comming anyway. Its just, I think, it all felt too much at the time the papers came and I also was having a few days of more pain than usual, which was getting me uptight.

Thanks to everyone. Lots of love Sue
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    Hi Sue, I am in a similar situation with the DLA appeal, basically the tribunal panel are one and the same be it ESA, DLA, or any other form of benefit, hence there is usually a fair wait.

Your Dr sounds very supportive and has given them all the information they could possibly want as far as I can see.

If you put the forms in, with all your supporting evidence, they will look at the information and decide if they can change the decision. It will be a different team and or person that does this. If they can change it and you are happy with that decision, the appeal will stop. If they cannot, then you go ahead with the appeal where you sit with the panel and they ask questions etc. It is a terrible thing that they make people who are genuinely ill, like yourself and many others on the forum, go through hoops like this when some seem to get everything handed to them on a plate and often there is nothing wrong with them. I truly hope it works out well for you, XXX Bubbles
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    Hi Sue
    i am so pleased you have come back fighting , your DR sounds just brilliant i hope they do the right thing this time take care lots and lots of hugs xxxx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx