Oc Health referral

dutchess
dutchess Member Posts: 79
My work are referring me to oc health due to recent absences due to my arthur and fatigue. Just wondering what I should expect from this? Just an added stress to trying to manage arthur and work.
Take care
Luv Kelly

Comments

• markc1
    markc1 Member Posts: 253
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    dutchess wrote:
    My work are referring me to oc health due to recent absences due to my arthur and fatigue. Just wondering what I should expect from this? Just an added stress to trying to manage arthur and work.
    Take care
    Luv Kelly

This is normal procedure, just a discussion, just take care with what you say.Don't let it worry you occy help are usually very helpful.
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    I wouldn't worry about this, the company you work for have to do this according to policy presumably. Occ health are there to help you and determine if there is anything that can be out inplace to help you stay in work. This could be things like extra breaks, an access to work assessment as they can provide equipment. Also change of hours etc. They also ask questions as to your history with arthur.

So if there is anything you think may help ask at your appointment.

Good luck

Janie
  • dutchess
    Hi
    Thanks for your responses. Think I've already spoke too much at work. It seems if your open and honest with your condition it counts against you. Think their now wanting to redeploy me but have also done oc health referral so will have to see what they suggest and if any reasonable adjustmentss they think can be made in current employment and battle it out with hr aswell with the expectations of my job. \ny idea what constiutes a reasonable adjustment and if theres been any case law to illustrate this? Doesn't help at mo as just had such a horrendous time with health still waiting for right meds to get me managed. Am hoping once I'm sorted I can then give them a realistic picture of how I can manage. Just feel its not a true reflection at mo : (
    Take care
    Luv Kelly
  • markc1
    markc1 Member Posts: 253
    dutchess wrote:
    Hi
    Thanks for your responses. Think I've already spoke too much at work. It seems if your open and honest with your condition it counts against you. Think their now wanting to redeploy me but have also done oc health referral so will have to see what they suggest and if any reasonable adjustmentss they think can be made in current employment and battle it out with hr aswell with the expectations of my job. \ny idea what constiutes a reasonable adjustment and if theres been any case law to illustrate this? Doesn't help at mo as just had such a horrendous time with health still waiting for right meds to get me managed. Am hoping once I'm sorted I can then give them a realistic picture of how I can manage. Just feel its not a true reflection at mo : (
    Take care
    Luv Kelly

The only concern i would have would be the re deployment/re adjustments bit of your post:Your company will consider your time off and ability to work and could go down the medical inefficiency route.You should be asked to attend a'capability hearing' where all this would be discussed.
    This is why you have to be careful what you say and who you say it too.Take your rep in to meetings,keep notes and let them suggest things to you.If you are not prepared you can be out of a job sooner than you think ,disability or not.As a lot of us on here have found out. :roll:
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Hi Kelly I saw one a few months ago and he was very understanding, my advise would be just be honest. Mine is the same thing pain and fatigue due to r/a. He said he couldn't see me working in the long term due to my fatigue, I work in retail.
    Good luck.

Julie
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • dutchess
    Thanks for everyone's responses. I'm feeling a bit more positive. I've had a good chat with my manager today and have discussed things with my union rep so feel supported. I'm gonna try to see my dr next week to discuss things with him so he can give the heads up to my consultant who I'm seeing in a few weeks. I need to get a good understanding of where I am health wise.
    Take care
    Luv Kelly
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Are you in a union?, do you have one at work?/, if so join it ASAP it will give you cover if you need it.
  • queenfan
    queenfan Member Posts: 563
    Hi Kelly
    I had my appointment with OH on Monday she was very understanding
    I told her how I was trying to cope with my condition, And like you every thing seems to be up in the air, with my condition & meds
    she wrote every thing down & said she was writing to my employer to tell them there would be know decision made until I have seen my consultant.
    I have been off work for Nine months she said she would see me again in six weeks, so have to go through it all again :-(

PS she also said she would e-mail me with what she had written to my employer & if I agree with every thing written she would then send it
    You will be OK just be honest with them
    Sue xx
  • 2010rainbow
    2010rainbow Member Posts: 6
    dutchess wrote:
    Take care
    Luv Kelly
    Just be yourself .i too have just had my first ever occi health meeting .my boss thought she would get me back to work quick .
    quote the occi health nurse "it is my job to get people back into work "...SHE WAS ABSOLUTELY FAB .I poured my heart out and half way through i broke down crying .She said then we would not go on as it was in my own interest Not to go back to work and that she ould be setting me up to fail .My boss was furious as she ad not got what she wanted.My message to you is dont be affraid as they are there for YOU .And to help you so be yourself and open up .