me again .. been along time!!!

madness1985
madness1985 Member Posts: 293
edited 6. May 2010, 17:57 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello All,

Just a little update from me. Weight well im still 5 stone and a half stone and on several supplements from a dieition now im trying really hard but its not great.

My immune system is totally hopless. Ive got a throat viras at the moment feels awful. Ive bin having trouble with my asthma cuz of throat. Ive got the sniffles and i was diagnised with hayfever as well, i feel like a pharmacy!

As for my RA my joints are on constant fire and pain is there been taking more painkillers recently back at the rhmy in may so hopfully get some were again.

Pyschology has been going well they have been helping me with grief and accepted ra ive had alot of tearful sessions and also alot helpful advise ive found out alot of things affecting me that i didnt no were affecting me if that makes sence?

Busy month next month got dietition and rhmy joyful times!

I hope everyone else is well,

Take Care,

xx

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    You are obviously going thro/have gone thro a very tough time. The rest of us here seem to vary from quite well to bloody awful, much as usual I suspect (because I am a relatively new member. )You know we're here if you need us.
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Madness
    Lovely to here from you even if the news isn't to great, I really hope things improve very soon , and please keep in touch we do worry about people on here when we dont hear from them.
    Lots of hugs (((((((((())))))
    You take care
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Hi Madness,

Good to read things are on a roll with rheummy or dietician but sad to read you are still suffering so much. I really hope things start to look up for you soon,
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Hi Madness, sounds like you are having a really rough patch. Let's hope rheumy and dietician come up with some good advice/help. Glad psychology is going helping - perhaps as you progress with this it will help how you feel too.

Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Madness!!!!!!

Good to see you!

Sorry you have been having such a rough time :(:(

Sounds as though you've been doing all the right things though.....counselling, dietician etc.

I do hope you are on the right road now and will feeel a tidgy bit better soon??

Love

Toni xx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Hi madness

...so good to see you posting again :D sorry to hear about how difficult things have been for you lately, but hope with all the support and advice you're now getting that life will begin to get better for you. :wink:

When in May are you seeing rheummy? fingers crossed he will be able to sort the pain meds out so you have relief from that side of arther. With your immune system so fired up is he considering any different DMARDS or the anti tnfs / biologics for you?

please let us know how you get on.......we do care about you x

Iris xx
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    g020.gif Hi Madness,

Good to see you again although it sounds as though you've been suffering ......and still are :(

I'm glad to see that you're getting lots of help, keep us posted on your progress 'cos we've missed having you around.

Luv Legs :)
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Aw, you poor love. At least you have not lost any more weight and you are getting help from the dietician. All you can do is keep trying which you are, no one can ask more than that from you. You are also finding it helpful with the talking sessions which is a good start.

Are you still planning your winter wedding or putting it on hold for a while?

I truly wish you well and much better times. Do let us know how you are getting on,

Hugs
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • madness1985
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your messages. Im not sure what rhmy has planned im requesting a transfer to be honest as my rhmy isnt communicating with my heart team and im havin circulation problems were i have damaged/deformed joints and no one is talking which is very fustrating.

Ive got the dietion on with 13th and rhmy on the 19th May. Im really hoping things start to pick up as im getting really fed up of life being just on hold its quit depressing. I had a promising life my tutors said i would have made a brillent barrister and now its all just been trashed not just by ra but i was raped as well. I just feel really low at the moment.

I hope everyone is well

take care xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 6. May 2010, 16:36
    Hello again madness
    You are alot stronger then you think...you keep this in mind when you see your consultants...and dont forget we are always here for you.
    You are an inspiration to us all without knowing it.did you get counselling for the rape, this is terrible.I do hope something has been done about this
    Please keep talking to us and take care of yourself,
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • dorcas
    Hi again madness,

I had no idea you were coping with so much. :shock:

You are quite right to ask for a different consultant/s if they are not communicating and you are not getting the support and treatment you need. By the sound of it your health is being compromised and progress limited by their complacency.

I am so so sorry that you have suffered rape.....such a heinous crime. I sincerely hope that you have had access to professional counselling and support and have family and friends around you who are understanding and caring.

we are always here for you, ready to listen and willing to help if we can....... so please keep posting.

love and gentle ((((hugs))))

Iris x
  • madness1985
    Hey

Thanks for your messages. I reported the rape to the police and it went through the process the dci wanted to prosecute but CPS disagred. I did get alot of support from my family and friends. My gp was also brillent and DCI was very kind (i have to say police are very supportive) as were the university. Although i didnt get any counciling because i seemed "strong enough to deal with it" but since having my physcology appointment its been brought up and that has helped me.

I crnt knock my cardiologist team they are amazing they were the people who diagnoised RA they knew i hate eating problems before my GP. Even though i later learnt from dietition that all my docs (i see alot of medical staff) had been putting in notes i looked unwell, had lost weight ect no1 did anything until my heart team did something about it that happened over 2 years ago so not great.

I only wish i could have my legal career back but i no it isnt realistic which is a shame. I dont feel like an inspiration but thank you for saying so i apreciate it.

Take care

x
  • dorcas
    Am glad to hear you have had support madness....you are obviously one very strong peep to have come through that and be so positive sounding. What you have said will also be of help to others who may be struggling with their own abuse issues :wink:

I really hope that you can get the treatment, meds and your diet sorted...do you think that it would then be possible to have a legal career...if not as a barrister then one of the alternative pathways ?

take care and lol,

Iris x
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    HI madness

glad to see you posting on here ........ but sorry to see what you've been dealing with.

Glad you are getting some psychological help. It 's tough isn't it (I'm having CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) at the moment & like you say things come up that are most unexpected.

great big wonky hugs to you ((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))