Hello my name is Chris

scorpio
scorpio Member Posts: 159
edited 3. Jun 2010, 18:12 in Say Hello Archive
Hello, this is my very 1st post and i have joined here in the hope of meeting likewise sufferers and any help, which i so desperately need as i am on the brink of hell..........

i am 32 years old and have a condition called polyarticular psoriatic arthritis, which basically means i have arthritis everywhere (barring my feet) and have psoriasis everywhere.......to top it all off i have just found out that i also have gout, which is crippling me, as it is in both feet - i am a car salesman, so this is forcing me ever closer to forced retirement..............

i used to take diclofenec (3 times a day), codeine phosphate (3 times a day) and paracetamol (3 times a day), which worked, until the gout came along - now i am screwed (so to speak) and feel like i am walking on broken bones. I also tried methotrexate for a while, but as i have a fatty liver they took me off it. At the moment i am trying a cocktailof drugs to get me bck to where i was, but nothing is working

So, other than that i have not helped myself - i like a drink, i eat fatty foods and i love bbq's, meaning i was a prime target for gout...................for a week or so, since finding out the glorious news, i have cut out the red meat, alcohol, fatty foods etc etc etc....................................
so - - - - WHAT NOW, it is getting worse and i spend all day every day walking - i claim no benefits, and would'nt know where to start to be honest - but, more imprtantly, am i doomed to an early wheelchair or is there hope

I am so sorry for depressing you all on my 1st post, but i have put a brave face on my conditions for 4 or 5 years now, and today has been the turning point

ANY HELP, ADVICE, FRIENDLY CHAT APPRECIATED

highest regards, Chris......p.s i am not normally this intense (i promise :)

Comments

• tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Chris - so sorry you are having such a nightmare time of it - but you have definitely come to the right place for support. This is a really friendly forum and I know that there are a number of members who have Psoriatic arthritis who will understand what you are going through.
    The "living with arthritis"forum is the best place to post because most people look there - and the "cafe" thread on the "chit-chat" forum is a good place to drop into as there are often people' online to online to chat to. Also the helpline team on this site are a great source of help and advice either by email or phone.
    I have just seen your post on Adalimumab on the LWA forum and will go on there to reply in a min. Anyway, welcome - glad you have found us - and please don't worry about being "intense" - if you read back through the posts on the forum you will find many of us leaving desperate posts as we try to cope with arthritis in its many forms and the problems associated with it. Tillyx
  • scorpio
    thanks very much, i appreciate your reply
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,402
    Hiya

Already met you on LWA :D

Here's my official welcome from me :D

Very good to meet you and hope you will find this site helpful

I'm sure you will I ahve and as Tilly says moan away - we all do at times. This is probably the best place TO ,moan :)

Love

Toni xx
  • scorpio
    cheers Toni, i just wish my family and my wife understood
  • fightingback
    fightingback Member Posts: 11
    Hi all

Just wanted to introduce myself. I have had a nightmare with my knees - fell off a camel. If I could find it I would shoot it! I had an arthroscopy that went wrong - back in hospital a few times including pulmonary embolus (yeuch!) then 9 months of physio. 2 years later, still pain and I have been diagnosed with osteoarthritis in both knees.

The shock was being sent a letter last week full of medical jargon telling me about my condition.

Sometimes I have good days, many bad and walking up stairs often excrutiatingly painful. I am still trying to get my head round it all.

It's great to know I can get encouragement from you all out there and already you have cheered me up! Keep it coming!

:lol:
  • tillytop
    Hi fightingback - and welcome from me! Sorry you have had such a tough time - falling off a camel eh?!!!! Best place to post general messages is on the "living with arthritis" forum because most people look there. There's also the "chit-chat" forum for more lighthearted stuff - always worth a look in! Look forward to seeing you posting again soon. Love TiIlly x
  • fightingback
    fightingback Member Posts: 11
    Thanks Tilly - I am new to this. But really enjoying a whole new world opening up (I am not on my own anymore - so heartening!).

I have just posted something on the Living with Arthritis forum. Thanks for the tip.

And I am - fightingback! Great to meet you too Tilly

xxx :D:D:D
  • tillytop
    Glad to hear you are fightingback! That's the spirit! Just off to read your post on LWA forum so see you there!
    Love Tilly x
  • scorpio
    Thanks Tilly - I am new to this. But really enjoying a whole new world opening up (I am not on my own anymore - so heartening!).

I have just posted something on the Living with Arthritis forum. Thanks for the tip.

And I am - fightingback! Great to meet you too Tilly

xxx :D:D:D

keep it up - it is the best way