pain control

gemmapetken
gemmapetken Member Posts: 263
hi
i have ra in my hands and a deformed hip which causes me lots of pain.
they think there is oa in that aswell. i have now been dicharged from the orthopeadics as they dont want to do a hip replacement as i am too young, i am so upset as i am now faced with this pain for a long time.

i am seeing gp on friday about pain control but i am so depressed at the moment.

any help or advice>

Comments

• gemmapetken
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    please can some one help?
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    Dear Gemma

I am really sorry to hear that you are feeling so low due to the pain. You know you can always talk to us if you want to. If you are seeing your GP about your pain control it might be an idea to get him to refer you to a Pain Clinic if it is really severe and also a referral to a physiotherapist would probably be useful too at this stage.

If they think you also have OA in the hip you may want to consider taking Glucosamine Sulphate - 1500 mg per day and Omega 3 fish oil may also help with the RA inflammation.

In case you haven't already seen one, it may be a good idea to see a Podiatrist to help you with your posture when walking as this can have a great effect on joint pain, particularly if there is a deformation in a joint.

If you would like us to send you any information just private message us your full name, age, and postal address or give us a call for a chat.

Best wishes

Simona
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Gemma
    Welcome to the forum (if you are new that is) if you want to talk to us has well as the helpline, put a post on LWA we all support one another and dont mind is you have a moan or a rant .
    You take care
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • gemmapetken
    thank you so much
    i am seeing my gp friday and will ask him about the supplements you suggested

i have heard about a speciallist facility called stanmore do you know anything about this?

gemma
  • tanith
    tanith Member Posts: 175
    thank you so much
    i am seeing my gp friday and will ask him about the supplements you suggested

i have heard about a speciallist facility called stanmore do you know anything about this?

gemma

Gemma Stanmore Hospital is the largest Orthopeadic Hospital in the UK and deals with serious spinal injuries and other ortho problems.... just google Stanmore Hospital
    Our worst times are always our best lessons.
  • gemmapetken
    thanks
    will do

i just feel so down at the moment havent felt like this since i was diagnosed with ra nearley 3 years ago

gx