a question

Options
only49
only49 Member Posts: 1,207
hi got a question for you all, d.la. doctor said that i may need to go back to the doctor again soon and something about the next stage what did he mean?

i cant walk round the supermarket anymore and can just do shor distances before i feel any pain, hence over the weekend and last week i have been pushing it quite a bit, so what do i do now or can i do any more or should i be taking it as it comes i feel from the time that i first went to the doctors it had got worse ie, cant walk as far and more pain.

sylvia
sylvia :)stern02.gif

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    only49 wrote:
    hi got a question for you all, d.la. doctor said that i may need to go back to the doctor again soon and something about the next stage what did he mean?

i cant walk round the supermarket anymore and can just do shor distances before i feel any pain, hence over the weekend and last week i have been pushing it quite a bit, so what do i do now or can i do any more or should i be taking it as it comes i feel from the time that i first went to the doctors it had got worse ie, cant walk as far and more pain.

sylvia

hi not sure what he ment but arther can get worse and not sure which arther you have but you might need your meds sorting mine been added to and can walk again :D:D:D this time last year thought was going to have to give up work the pain was so bad and so exhausted. so if pain getting worse go back to doc for something better if you get meds that suit you it makes so much difference good luck i hope they find you some help i was getting bruising on my arms from leaning on trolly to get around supermarket
    val
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Sylvia,

I've answered your other post on LWA so won't repeat myself!

just wanted to wish you good luck when you get to see your doc on Friday and let you know I'm thinking about you.

(remember to make that list. :wink:)

Iris x
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Hi Sylvia,

If you are going to be having medical appointments to explore improving the way that you self-manage then it's worth being aware that for osteoarthritis there are real benefits to be gained from intensive physiotherapy and weight loss (if recommended). These are termed conservative treatments (because there's no radical surgery I suppose) and research proves that they do benefit people. You may need better pain management to help you do physiotherapy - and that's where a pain clinic can help.

If you are interested in improving how you self-manage, do consider coming to self-management course, or a local arthritis branch (see 'in your area' on our website.)

If you'd like an information pack about this do private message us with your full name and postal address and we can send you one.

hope that's helpful
    Guy