injections in feet???!!!

Options
ailsara
ailsara Member Posts: 4
Hi, I'm 42 and was diagnosed with RA last year. I am having injections in my feet this afternoon and am very scared. I have been told it will be very painful and will be laid up for a few days. Has anyone had this done? Is it one injection or more? should I take painkillers before I go?
Thank you in advance :|

Comments

• janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I have not had this done but had injections in other areas. Yes I would take pain killers before you go. They will probably do all the injections they want to do this afternoon, at least you won't have to go back.

Hope it goes ok and the injections work for you.

Take care

Janie
  • ailsamary
    ailsamary Member Posts: 38
    Options
    ailsara wrote:
    Hi, I'm 42 and was diagnosed with RA last year. I am having injections in my feet this afternoon and am very scared. I have been told it will be very painful and will be laid up for a few days. Has anyone had this done? Is it one injection or more? should I take painkillers before I go?

i had the injections in my feet for planter fascitis, a good doc will spray lots of freeze spray on first and there will be lignocaine(numbing stuff like the dentist) in the injection along with the steriod, it CAN be painful but the relief from pain FOR ME was instant, you need not to walk for about a week to make it most effective, though as i was pain free in me feet for the first time in ages was really hard not to walk about , everyone though is difernt
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,487
    Options
    ailsara wrote:

Thank you for your posting on the forum. It can be very worrying when you are going to have a procedure and have not been given any information. It may be that you have already gone to your appointment today but if this is later this afternoon can you call the clinic who will be giving you the injections first so that you can have a word with them about the procedure and what to expect? That way when you do go you will have a little more knowledge. I hope that this is helpful.

Best Wishes
    Dawn
  • ailsara
    ailsara Member Posts: 4
    Options
    ailsara wrote:

Thank you for your posting on the forum. It can be very worrying when you are going to have a procedure and have not been given any information. It may be that you have already gone to your appointment today but if this is later this afternoon can you call the clinic who will be giving you the injections first so that you can have a word with them about the procedure and what to expect? That way when you do go you will have a little more knowledge. I hope that this is helpful.

Best Wishes
    Dawn

thank you for your posts. i went for the appointment but didnt have the injection because during the ultrasound scan the dr found other inflammations in other areas and also some bone that has eroded so he is going to get in touch with my consultant. But he explained everything so if i do have to have them in the future i now know what will happen, thanks again,
    Ailsa