need some advice

loopylou
loopylou Member Posts: 175
Hi all
i've recently been talking to people at work, they asked me if i get any help financially. i said no and they asked why i haven't tried to get disability allowance. i suppose i'm in a bit of a denial really plus as i am still pretty mobile don't see myself as disabled.
anyway i decided to find out about it as i figured looking into it can't hurt. i've looked online and am very confusd about it all.
people at work think i should be able to get it as arthritis is classed as a disability but online i saw that even in the low banding i don't appear to qualify as i need no help to get around although i do struggle sometimes.
please can someone clarify it all for me?
Just keep plodding along singing a song

Comments

• tjc123
    tjc123 Member Posts: 139
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Loopyloo
    Im not too sure on this one as well I have just been refused DLA.Does it depend on what arthritis you have??? to weather you can claim it im just not sure.Sorry this doesnt answer your ? but im wondering the same thing as you.
    tjc x
  • loopylou
    loopylou Member Posts: 175
    glad i'm not the only confused one. I have PA, as i said before i am pretty mobile although not as mobile as i used to be and i do have days when i struggle to get around so much so that people at work have asked me before whether i am taking my medication, they don't understand how they work even though i have explained.
    hopefully someone on here can shed some light on the matter for us!
    Just keep plodding along singing a song
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Loopy
    I spoke to you on hello......If you go for dla you have to tell them your worst day...how far you can walk without having to stop, do you use a stick... crutches go on the goverment wed site and then dla..it explain quite a lot.
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    Hi Loopylou,

Thanks for your enquiry to Helplines. Because applying for DLA is so technical we advise that people get guidance and help with the forms (and the appeals too) from trained Welfare Rights advisors - try welfare rights units in some social services depts, www.dialuk.info/ or a local CAB.

We are very aware that the process of applying for these benefits may be tough, so the forum is a good place to let off steam and get support.

I hope that is helpful

Guy