it's been a long day!

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 28. May 2010, 16:22 in Community Chit-chat archive
This you’re on the spot reporter in the great bugger all otherwise known as the Lake District, today’s top story is our car died while I was trying to overtake a Nissan Micra driven by an elderly lady, how embarrassing not to mention bloody dangerous, thankfully my skill came bursting through at the right time, must be the Dunkirk spirit all us British men have within us!, mind you no one ever said we will fight them on the hard shoulder!?.
Anyway managed to pull over with engine warning light blinking and all me power gone, so there we sat and were just resigned to a long wait when I thought I would try starting the bugger and it worked fine??!!, so off we go again, sat nav worked a treat but the nag nav (the wife) had a malfunction while trying to find the holiday house and went into overload so again me Dunkirk spirit came forth and I found it in the end, I know it’s hard to believe but with the help of technology I finally bust the myth that we men haven’t a clue where we are most of the time!, Ha one less stick for woman kind to beat us with lads!. Mind you I haven’t got a clue where this place is?, not many people here only load and loads of sheep, a veritable Welshman’s dream!

Comments

• lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    :lol::lol: have a lovely time Mell.

Last time we were in the Lake District I got a sheep tick embedded in my neck just near the jugular :shock: he was there for a feast :shock: :shock: hubby tried to pull it out with tweezers, not knowing what it was, at first, it clung on so tightly my skin lifted with it until it finally snapped leaving it's tiny head and claws in my skin :roll:

Morale of this story, watch out for sheep ticks you never know where they're going to end up :|

Luv Legs :lol::lol:
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Bugger that legs I'm gonna wear wellies just to be sure!.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Wasn't me in the Micra, honest! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • lindalegs
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    Bugger that legs I'm gonna wear wellies just to be sure!.

Suggest you put some elastic bands around your underpant legs too just to be on the safeside :wink:

Luv Legs :lol:
    Love, Legs x
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Mell

Glad you managed to get there in one piece, despite the car conspiring against you :!: :shock: Why does it always happen to you :?:

It doesn't really matter where you are in the Lake District, because it is all so beautiful. Have a great time :!: :D

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Legs

Nothing wrong with a few sheep ticks....... :wink:

Oh Mel being beaten by a Micra...... My heap got over taken on a hill by a 3 wheeler now that's when you just know the cars not up to much :lol::lol: Hope it didn't spoil your day to much though? Cris x
  • lindalegs
    Options
    skezier wrote:
    Legs

Nothing wrong with a few sheep ticks....... :wink:

Oh Mel being beaten by a Micra...... My heap got over taken on a hill by a 3 wheeler now that's when you just know the cars not up to much :lol::lol: Hope it didn't spoil your day to much though? Cris x

Hi Cris,

I'm sure they're lovely critters they just don't belong in my neck :shock:

XX
    Love, Legs x
  • pluggathome
    pluggathome Member Posts: 171
    Options
    Nag nav, fantastic, almost spat me tea over laptop! :lol:

Pluggxx