Shopped till I dropped

joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 29. May 2010, 05:16 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi

All I wanted was some new summer clothes. Was that asking too much? How could it be that in a huge shopping centre, I could hardly find anything?

If I liked it, they didn't have my size.

If they had my size, I didn't like it.

Things that looked nice on the hanger didn't look nice on me.

If I liked the style, I didn't like the colour.

If I liked the colour, I didn't like the style.

So many shops only cater for young people. Why?

Too many fitting rooms are like little pokey cupboards.

Three exhausting hours later, all I had managed to buy was one skirt and one t-shirt. Not much for all that effort. Shopping can be a frustrating experience sometimes. I'll just have to try again!

Joan
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• joanlawson
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Yes, I admit that I'm a bit fussy about what I wear, but a strange thing seems to happen when I go shopping. If I set off with the intention of buying clothes, I never find any I like. If I'm looking for other things, and haven't got much time, I suddenly see something I like, and then haven't got the time to try it on.

Most men don't seem to have these problems. With them, it seems to be a case of walk in the first shop, see something and buy it, go home. End of story :!:
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Morning Joan
    I know what you mean, you walk into these shops, and if you are not 15 and under 7 stone they look at you as though you are an alien.
    I love shopping on line apart from returning things, but at least you can try on in your own home.
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • joanlawson
    Hi Barbara

I agree that shopping on-line is a good idea, but I really need to try things on. I'm the original pear-shaped woman, so if it fits at the top, it doesn't at the bottom, and vice versa. I end up taking about three sizes of everything into the fitting rooms.