Penny lecture

dolittle
dolittle Member Posts: 240
edited 29. May 2010, 17:54 in Community Chit-chat archive
I'm now giving myself a penny lecture! Speedalong's post has hauled me up by my bootstraps this morning .... what in god's name have I got to complain about in comparison. In comparison to lots of you! So I've decided to give myself a good talking to.

Remembered a song my friend recorded on her keyboard (she's 74) - Look on the bright side. Those who remember Monty Python will know it. And thanks to you all for helping me do it!

Just a bit of fun. Btw don't go rushing for the 'phone - it's on the keyboard. Just shows you what you can do with these things.

http://www.box.net/shared/itmv6ijnet
Do

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Do

I also lecture myself from time to time, and the words of the song always make me smile.

I like this version of it too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlmzqobG2E0

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    There is always someone worse off than you - my mum used to tell me that again and again and again. So what? I used to think. This is my misery and I need some time to be miserable. We all do. What that must not become is a habit. There is nothing worse than someone riddled with self-pity - Mr Woodhouse (Emma, Jane Austen) )is a fine example of that! I shout at the book 'Pull yourself together, man!' Pointless, I know, but he exasperates me so much!

Well done on the lecture and the activity, but don't be too hard on yourself for a little 'Oh woe is me' time. We all need it. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dolittle
    dolittle Member Posts: 240
    Hello Joan and DD,
    When I first put this post on I thought afterwards .. 'what did you do that for? just get on with it woman.' Glad I did now otherwise I'd never have heard that terrific version you pointed me to, Joan. I'm still laughing. Thanks, both.

The post has just come ... if there are any 'iffy' letters, I'm going to soak them in chocolate and eat them! (just joking).
    Do
  • pluggathome
    pluggathome Member Posts: 171
    Man me heart stopped then!

I thought i'd done somehting wrong on here and then realised that none of you, unless you have v good memories will remember my name is Penny.

Heart now beating at normal rate.

I often have people say to me 'oh poor you, how do you cope, i admire you' but there is always someone worse off than you and I beat myself with that stick occassionally but equally we do battle on and every now and again we can feel sorry for ourselves andhave a cry, rant and moan on here and get some cyber hugs but just not let it become a habit.

I remember when my dad picked me up from work one day, for some reason the pain in my neck meant I could only walk sideways (don't ask- don't know why) and i hadn't even said owt when i got into his rescue car and he said that's it enough sympathy (i'd only looked at him). He's allowed though, he is much worse than me with arthur but obviously on a good day!

Pluggxx (aka Penny)
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Very true

I agree.

Nothing worse than moaner eh?

Having said that I'm with Daisy and at the moemnt should be having a weekend in Ross on Wye with hubby MIL and step daughter - cannot think of much worse - i think I need to wallow and have Daiy's woe is me time :wink:

Just hoping they let me.

I like the final verse of that song best :lol: sick eh?

Love

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh go on, frogmorton, indulge. It'll make you feel better! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    dreamdaisy wrote:

I am Daisy

sent them all off without me and I am so much better for it.

I am no company at the moment. Hubby just phoned - the cottage is gorgeous and I couldnt give a fig :wink:

Thanks

Toni x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    frogmorton wrote:
    dreamdaisy wrote:

I am Daisy

sent them all off without me and I am so much better for it.

I am no company at the moment. Hubby just phoned - the cottage is gorgeous and I couldnt give a fig :wink:

Thanks

Toni x

your own bed best place when you feel like this val
    val
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Hi Toni

So sorry to hear that you are unwell, and have missed out on your visit to Ross on Wye. I hope you will soon feel better.

068.gif
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif