What a day

Options
jaspercat
jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
edited 29. May 2010, 15:29 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi, we went out this morning for my blood test, I got cut up by a car and have scratch marks on the wing of my mobility, which is only 3 months old.

Got to the medical centre, the lady doing my blood was useless, I have bruises on my arms, wrists and foot, I feel like a pin cushion, now I have to go back next week to get more blood for my ESR test.

The only bright spot to the day is that we have bought a bird table and some bird seed, and the blackbird is singing outside of the window, sorry for the whinge love Jaspercatxx.

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hi jasper sorry to hear this hope things better next time val
    val
  • jcp123
    jcp123 Bots Posts: 16
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your car and also your bruises!

I'm sure the blood nurses think we are pin cushions! :roll:

We have litttle boy and girl blackbirds that live in our back garden too, they're lovely! :D
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Sorry you had such a rubbish drive and experience with dracula. Bird table sounds great - enjoy.

Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi, You are having a time of it aren't you? Sorry to hear about your car and your bruises

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    New cars are like magnets for trouble - how very irksome. There are some appalling drivers around, I hope the damage can be T-cutted out.

Good to have the birds about tho, isn't it? We have had a couple of aggressive blackbirds outside the back door: they built their nest in the jungle opposite the door, and became very agitated every time I went in or out.

A friend came to clear some of the jungle today and we discovered we have froglets. We knew we had a frog, living in the drain by the dining room window - no-one round here has a pond now, so I have no idea where the froglets came from - also the drain?

Enjoy the bird watching, they are beautiful things. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Jaspercat,

Oh not a good day for you to start with but the blackbirds make a better ending for it though. I hope today's been better and like you they couldn't get blood yesterday, i am lucky don't have to go again till Friday but you have to go back? A ((( ))) and a hope its been a reasonable day. Luv Cris xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options
    Oh Jasper

The poor car :(

and poor you :(

I HATE needles with a vengence :shock:

The birds now that is good :)

They are so theraputic - doe your cat try to get 'em though like Daisy?

And DaisyD - we get froglets too...hundreds and hundreds and I love them ,but dont want to tread on any or run them over :(c030.gifc030.gifc030.gif

Love

Toni xx
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Hi Jaspercat

Sorry to hear about your bad day; scratches to your car and your bruising!

We have about six feeders in the garden and 3 blackbirds that visit us daily for their raisins! They'll always visit now that you've got that feeder.

Take care
    Sharmaine
    jaspercat wrote:
    Hi, we went out this morning for my blood test, I got cut up by a car and have scratch marks on the wing of my mobility, which is only 3 months old.

Got to the medical centre, the lady doing my blood was useless, I have bruises on my arms, wrists and foot, I feel like a pin cushion, now I have to go back next week to get more blood for my ESR test.

The only bright spot to the day is that we have bought a bird table and some bird seed, and the blackbird is singing outside of the window, sorry for the whinge love Jaspercatxx.