This site is fabulous don't you agree?

sharmaine
sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
edited 16. Jun 2010, 05:39 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone

I've been meaning to say for ages how wonderful this site is.

I've 'met' some really nice people on here who answer your queries intelligently and sympathetically.

Arthritis Care are to be commended for this forum which helps
arthritis sufferers immensely. I would be lost without it.

Sharmaine

Comments

• wendgro
    wendgro Member Posts: 296
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I totally agree with you it's like an agony aunt chat about something it makes you feel better any replies arealways welcome
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    I'm in too :)

Wouldn't be without it - it about sabved my sanity when this first hit you know.

Each and evry reply you gte makes you feel valued and undertsood doesnt it? Difficult to xplain but often mkes me cry.

Thinks its the total acceptance of each other.

Love

Toni xx
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    its the best and goes to show that it takes allsorts to make it work x with out one and all it would not be here so many lovely people that find the time to support others even when they are not at their best x love you all xxxxxx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • only49
    only49 Member Posts: 1,207
    this forum and the people would very sadly be missed now thats for sure.
    sylvia :)stern02.gif
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hi Sharmaine.
    i agree with you .
    there is not another site like it where you can go when you have a problem with arther.
    or when you just want some one to talk too.
    the people on here are lovely and helpfull.
    thank you everyone. joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Sharmaine
    Finding this forum was the best thing I ever did,I really thought I new all about arthur, but it can be so complex,people dont realise this.
    If you have any questions they are always answered by someone in the know.
    And the best bit is all the support, giving and receiving,just talking to people that understand...Oh I could go on but I wont.
    Lovely thread Sharmaine,Its nice to let the forum team , and everyone behind the scenes how much we appreciate them,and the forum.
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • knitternsk8rgirl
    knitternsk8rgirl Member Posts: 18
    I only joined 2 days ago, and I think it's truly great. No-one in my family or friendship group has any experience of arthritis so I felt very alone, but now I don't.
    Thanks everyone x
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Itrs an excellent site....agree with everyone else. Your nearest and dearest might be sympathetic but unless they have had arthur they dont know the pain etc
    At least people on this forum do.
    Love
    Hileena
  • dippydoodah
    dippydoodah Member Posts: 350
    i couldnt do without this site. so many kind and helpful people. ive gotten more advice and information from here than i have from my own gp!

its so good knowing there are others out there who truly understand what having arthur is like.

wonderful people :D x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    knowing what every you ask some one will understand and help from eating to walking to silly things like time of the month. but the sight will not work if people do not post and help each other it is the people who make the sight what it is.
    thanks mods for keeping an eye on things
    val
    val
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    I think this site and all you lovely people in here are AWSOME, ive only been in here a couple of days but you have helped more than you will realise, :D
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Hi I agree, this forum is GREAT.

I don't feel I can constantly talk about arther to my friends and family - but on here it is fine.

Reading other posts makes me realise I'm not alone in my experiences and tribulations and I like replying to posts as much as starting my own threads.

I am SO pleased I stumbled across it. Of course what makes the forum great is all the people who contribute to it - my new cyber friends.

Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    It's terrific, we're terrific. 'Nuff said. Dreamdaisy
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    Hi Cocoa h025.gif

and Knitter c020.gif

Good to meet you both :D

Thanks to everyone :D (you included)

love

Toni xx
  • rosyred
    rosyred Member Posts: 150
    Yes Yes Yes

I love this site and has been a grt help to me

Thk you all u wonderfull ppl.. and i do hope i have helped someone if only 1 person with there Questions

Keep it up :lol:
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    I hate this site :shock:
    I get no housework done.
    I get stiff sitting at my PC reading and typing.
    I'm always just going to check on someone.
    I'm totally addicted.
    My poor hubby is a Forum widower ....in fact he's forgotten what I look like .....mental note must give him a photo of me :wink:

Really, I love this site too and all the wonderful, supportive and witty people on it. :D

Thank you all for your varied and interesting contributions.

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • dreamdaisy
    Thank you for the giggle lindalegs. So true! It is a great resource tho, isn't it? And it helps to know that others are facing the same problems. Hope you are having a good day today. DD
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Thank you for the giggle lindalegs. So true! It is a great resource tho, isn't it? And it helps to know that others are facing the same problems. Hope you are having a good day today. DD

I'm having a lovely day, thanks DD, the sun is out and I'm warming up at last :roll: :D

XX
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    The thing about this site is you can ask the silliest questions imaginable and know someone at sometime will have gone through the same thing.Dont know what Iwould do without it
    Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    No question is too silly - the utter confusion that one faces when dealing with this rubbish is, I'm sure, well-remembered by us all. It can also quickly reappear! DD
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Hi folks

Glad that you feel the same. There's certainly not another site on the internet as good as this one.

I hope you're all having a good day.

Sharmaine
    sharmaine wrote:
    Hi everyone

I've been meaning to say for ages how wonderful this site is.

I've 'met' some really nice people on here who answer your queries intelligently and sympathetically.

Arthritis Care are to be commended for this forum which helps
    arthritis sufferers immensely. I would be lost without it.

Sharmaine
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    I agree - this site is brill and I so wish it had been around when I first had my diagnosis - and that I had found it sooner. Only joined a few weeks ago but have met so many lovely folks on here that I feel I've been around for ever! And as the others say, the biggest thing is talking to others who really understand.
    Thanks to all!
    Love Tilly x
  • twinney
    twinney Member Posts: 80
    I totally agree with all that has been said, this site is fantastic and everyone that are on here are one in a million.
    The help that you peeps have given me have been second to none, thank you so very much!
    Regards to all
    Lynda
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    lindalegs wrote:
    I hate this site :shock:
    I get no housework done.
    I get stiff sitting at my PC reading and typing.
    I'm always just going to check on someone.
    I'm totally addicted.
    My poor hubby is a Forum widower ....in fact he's forgotten what I look like .....mental note must give him a photo of me :wink:

Really, I love this site too and all the wonderful, supportive and witty people on it. :D

Thank you all for your varied and interesting contributions.

Luv Legs :D

HEE HEE!!!!

...... :lol: .............. :lol: ................. :lol: ................ :lol: ............. :lol:

Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • frogmorton
    Wasting time???

Not me...

I hardly ever use the site :oops:

Serioulsy Linda you are so right :roll:

My hubby is wondering if these froums are grounds for divorce :shock:

Love

Toni xx