Breakfast Monday to Friday

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 30. May 2010, 16:51 in Community Chit-chat archive
My breakfasts, from Monday to Friday, are pretty close to exemplary. I wake up, chug an omeprazole with a slug of water, stagger downstairs, somehow manage to prepare scrambled eggs (2 from my neighbour's hens, no added milk or butter) and slurp a cuppa, then meander back upstairs for the naproxen and sulphasalazine and 2.5mg of pred.

It all goes wrong at the weekend, though. Yesterday was typical: nothing. (Forgot the meds too but ho-hum . . ). Today? Two After Eights (from last night's Indian), a raw carrot and a can of full-fat Coke. I did the alendronic acid at 7.10am, and am now enduring the six - twelve hours of nausea that follows. I have found that the coke helps with that, but I cannot explain the AEs and the carrot. I think I've done the other meds too, yup, I remember the sulph, but not omep and nap 'cos I've decided to stop them for various reasons, all dull.

Is there anything in your lives that runs like clockwork Mon-Fri but falls apart at the weekend? Or is it just me? (I suspect the latter.) Dreamdaisy (who's now wandering off for a bag of Hula Hoops.)
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Just finished the hula-hoops. Smashing. DD
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi DD,

Oh today's breakie sounds god to me :oops: :lol::lol: I think I am bad on breakfast, I don't ever have it unless its tablets.... do they count?

Like the idea of hula-hoops but could I have cdm instead of mars :lol::lol::lol: Here is a long way from a shop.... just as well cus I would be even bigger :lol::lol:

Leaving you some Worcester sauce crisps for afters and a ((( ))) Cris xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Well - nothing wrong with that for breakast eh?

he he!!

I have a slice of toast every day mon - fri.

At the weekends I am naughty....

croissants/eggs/mushrooms etc.

Never tried mars bar CRis.

COKE is MUST for nausea.

Poor poor you DD I hATe feling/ being sick. It will eb banned when I get in power.

Love

Toni xx
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Monday to Friday I can fit in a nap to help me get through the day & with my pain. Daughter at school so it's easier then. At weekends that is more often than not impossible especially if hubby is at work. If he isn't then he likes to visit his Dad or his eldest daughter so then I suffer. But I know I can catch up Monday for sleep.

But then (phew!) it's half term this week so a nap is not gonna happen then either.

Janie
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    I've always found it hard to get any kind of breakfast down me, although in the winter months I can cope with a small bowl of porridge.

Currently I am having a banana chopped into a couple of spoonsful of caramel flavoured live yoghourt..........not bad, no chewing required!

Annie
  • dreamdaisy
    I know that these meds mustn't be taken on an empty stomach (apart from alendronic acid) and I don't feel hungry first thing, so the eggs are fairly easy - and good, being totally organic. It shouldn't fall apart at the weekend, I know, but it just does. I wish I had the discipline of Gwyneth P or Madge or Posh, but I don't.

Christmas morning is my favourite breakfast - it consists of a whole, large tube of Smarties. Yum-yum. DD
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    i do find it hard to eat breakfast usually it brunch as go to work at 12.45 and so have to fit breakfasr and dinner in lol not to good at it and often eat at 11 the take meds. try to have cerial then toast before going to work in the summer often have fruit instaead of cerial yesterday did not eat till dinner not good i know but did take meds with me to take after. val
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    It's a complicated business! DD
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    [
    Currently I am having a banana chopped into a couple of spoonsful of caramel flavoured live yoghourt..........not bad, no chewing required!

Annie[/quote]

Annie

Is the yoghurt 'alive'

do you have to catch it first :wink:

LOve

Toni xx
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    I love baked beans on toast with 1 slice of bread and butter and a splash of chilli in the beans, gives me a nice warn glow in me tum!
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    frogmorton wrote:
    [

Annie

Annie

Is the yoghurt 'alive'

do you have to catch it first :wink:

LOve

I have to chase it all round the kitchen first, grab it by the scruff of it's neck and wham it in the bowl...........still doesn't give me an appetite..........and DD I couldn't face chocolate first thing in the morning - not that I'm much of a chocolate fan anyway.

Annie

Toni xx[/quote]
  • gickygawky
    gickygawky Member Posts: 478
    My weekday breakfast is an absolute necessity and always consists of 3 Weetabix, a yoghurt and a coffe. If for some weird reason I don't have brekkie I feel sick.

Having said that when it comes to the wknd I often forget to eat full stop. I get so carried away with rushing of somewhere, organising something (Hubby!), or generally being a bit balmy it will be 9 at night before I realise I feel dreadful and start to wonder why...bit of a dork really! :roll:

A x
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    I think we should all go to DDs christmas morning to share her tub of Smarties ...YUM :wink::lol::lol:

I'm a fibre/routine girl 1 Shredded Wt in hot milk for breakfast on a weekday and Pecan and Maple Crisp with added extra nuts in hot milk cereal on Saturday and Porridge on Sunday. See I'm a regular girl who likes to be regular. :wink:

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • dreamdaisy
    MY SMARTIES ARE MINE (spot the only child)

Breakfast is the trickiest meal of the day - mellman, in addition to the chilli (I presume powder) you need tomato puree and paprika.

I hope the Lake District is sunny, and a dog-vomit free zone. (Well, tomorrow, anyway.) DD