anyone know a good solicitor to sue OT at surrey council

Options
shrek99
shrek99 Member Posts: 12
edited 31. May 2010, 11:12 in Living with Arthritis archive
my daughter has been wait 4 month to put on list for disabled facilities grant and still know on it and she is allso been wait for equipment but know got it
so i looking for a good solicitor to help

Comments

• shrek99
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Lynn
    Thanks for reply yes i have got in touch with the council but they are not know much help
    the OT that came is bad at getting thing sorted
    my poor daughter is stuck on sofa for 4 month and cannot use her two wheelchair and cannot get to bathroom
    so it very urgent i get help
    i have contact the mp and he got a standard rereply
    from them so no joy
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    I would get her story in the local newspaper or on the local TV news ... her cute little face sat on the sofa unable to join in with friends and relatives ....

Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Hiya Shrek

Whje i worked for the social services

we used to buck our ideas up if an MP got involved. suggest you try them first???

We used to call it 'a member enquiry'

Love

Toni xx
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    My mother waited months for her bathroom and it came too late, sadly. Apparently this is very common, or so my housing officer told me. Have you tried contacting one of your councillors? Often an enquiry from them speeds things up or your MP as someone else suggested.

It takes months to sue an organisation as I know, having sued my housing association and it holds up the work until the case is resolved.
  • shrek99
    Options
    thanks for all reply and support
    it's hard to keep up fight for what is need
    my poor daughter life is on hold till they pull they finger and help
    nothing to say about my back had gone lifting my daughter and do moving and handing
    the OT so bad she has not supplied any moving or handing equiment or a commode chair which need
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    hi Shrek it is exhausting advocating for our children (i have been doing it for S for years...) You could get you/your daughter an advocate - they know how to push all the right buttons and also have time to follow up calls, keep up the pressure etc

Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • dutchess
    dutchess Member Posts: 79
    Options
    shrek99 wrote:
    my daughter has been wait 4 month to put on list for disabled facilities grant and still know on it and she is allso been wait for equipment but know got it
    so i looking for a good
    solicitor to help

sorry to hear ur having difficulty with ur daughter. Firstly dfgs are historically along process the ot would make the recommendation then the la has to process it all.has ur daughterbeen assessed by the ot?if so have u asked why is it takin so long?u need agood explanation to find out what's causin delay.in my experience is usually organisational.if nothappy with response is official procedure for complaints.also could u get stuff on loan in interim.redcross provide medical loans.also could practical help b provided why u wait?
    Best of luck.
    Luv kelly
  • shrek99
    Options
    thank for help
    i did not no the red cross did equiment will look it up
    i ask OT to give me y she will to things but to no reply will not reply to email or calls
    i think it's bad that i can be left with no help and no moving and handing equiment for safe my daughter safe i think i should be give it and for my poor back
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    One of the greatest problems is that you are not seen as an individual case - there are many more people out there in similar situations and as soon as beaurocracy becomes involved the whole thing churns along very, very slowly.

I have informally chatted to a neighbour (a solicitor) about this and you currently have no grounds on which to sue. It is far too early. He suggests that you keep a record of all telephone conversations, letters, emails and visits so that if you do decide to go ahead with this very expensive course of action you will have the proof you need.

I know that the Red Cross do hire out equipment, as someone has already mentioned and in my area social services are pretty responsive too. You do have to push, you do have to nag, you do have to kepp on keeping on - it's almost as tiring as the health problems themselves. Start keeping accurate records. I wish you well. Dreamdaisy
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • shrek99
    Options
    thanks for reply and your help shrek