Feeling really stupid, and angry with myself

jordan7j
jordan7j Bots Posts: 346
edited 10. Jun 2010, 18:10 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi all, while I was in Specsavers at our local shopping centre with my next door neightbour's baby in her buggy, I was trying on frames, as I wanted prescription sunglasses, and with them you get another pair of ordinary glasses with a free frame.
My handbag was on the handle of the buggy (stupid I know) and some low life scum, went into my bag and took my purse, with a fair bit of cash, I had the cash as I had saved up for my glasses, which I knew would be around £180 as I wear varifocals. Also I had money for my electric bill. Also my bank cards were in it.
I ran out and couldnt even find any security people. A kind woman came and helped me, having seen I was distressed. Then a kind man offered me his phone after calling the police. There were police in the centre as they had a petition for people to sign to stop serious crime. They took all my details and said they would go into Specsavers and and get the cctv footage. Had a phone call later to say they had good footage and could see who took it.

Only good news is that the managers in Specsavers has offered to let me have free frames and part cost on the lenses as it happened in their store. Its left me feeling so stupid, and angry with myself for being so niave, it was so quiet in the store, I just didnt expect it.I am always careful in the supermarket, or on street markets etc. I have just been out and bought a bag that crosses over the body, so it wont happen again!! Hope everyone has had a good Bank Holiday, love Jay x x :oops:

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh Jay Chick

Now you are NOT stupid not at all :(

Horrible oportunistic swine.

I do hope they get teh culprit and bang him/her to rights.

Now how many nice people were thgere today?? the man with gthe phone, the police, the manager at specsavers.

Fra more nice ones than nasty ones.

Hope you get over the shock soon

Love

Toni xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    oh jay sorry there are some scum bags about i hope they get what they deserve . this one reason i do not like handbags . i hope they get it back for you. i would have thought specsavers could have given you the glasses for free as a sighn of good faith. good luck take care val
    val
  • only49
    only49 Member Posts: 1,207
    hi

that was nice to now in your hour of need there was someone nice, and i'm with toni on that one i hope they catch that rottern person,
    :x :x what has the worls come too, i hope you are ok and thats what important money can be replaced but not a human being

take care.
    sylvia :)stern02.gif
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Oh Jay what an horrible thing to have happened. You must be shaken by it but YOU are NOT an idiot and its sad fact now a days it could happen to any of us.

I really hope they get the person who took it and you get your stuff back un damaged. A ((((( ))))) and thank fully there were some good people near by. You take care and don't take the person who did this blame. Another ((( ))) Cris x
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Hi Jay

That must have been such a shock for you. We know these things happen all the time, but when it happens to you, it is very upsetting. It wasn't your fault; these thieves hang round places where they know people will be concentrating on things other than their bags. I hope the Police will catch whoever it was.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    I hope that you are a little calmer. Let's hope the police do charge the b*****d who took your belongings and is convicted. I can understand you feeling the way you do but it's not your fault. Thinking of you Jay

Janie
  • jordan7j
    Thanks for replies everyone, Jan, yes there were photographs, the main one that I cant replace is one of the little girl I used to work with and her sister, Phoebe has cerebral palsy and cortical visual impairment. I feel awful losing it, x x x
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Jay, what an awful thing to happen...........we were at a garden centre yesterday and hubby spotted a handbag left on a chair.....he called the security guy and he didn't want to know!

In the end we handed it to one of the women behind the counter...........I hope someone claims it.

Annie
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    jordan7, photos have negatives, you may be able to get a copy. What a rotten thing to happen to you, there are some absolute b*******s in this world - the problem is they are never punished, they fear no-one and there is no strength in the law.

I can understand how cross you feel with yourself but there are some upsides to the whole, horrid thing. Don't be too harsh on yourself - it truly wasn't your fault. Dreamdaisy
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    Jay

That was an awful thing to happen.

Try not to beat yourself up as it definately was not your fault.

Just remember that Karma will get the f * cker.

Get stuck into a good book or film etc to stop your mind working overtime thinking about it.

Take care and keep smiling.
    Carol
  • frogmorton
    carola wrote:
    Jay

That was an awful thing to happen.

Try not to beat yourself up as it definately was not your fault.

Just remember that Karma will get the f * cker.

Get stuck into a good book or film etc to stop your mind working overtime thinking about it.

Take care and keep smiling.
    Carol

Yep

as Carol says

What goes around comes around :( their turn will come.

You take care

Love

Toni xx
  • jordan7j
    Aww thanks everyone for your kind comments.
    Annie, I hope someone claimed the bag you found, I did that once, found it in the ladies toilets and handed it to security, they seemed completely disinterested!!
    Dont have the negative of the photo, as it was given to me by Phobes mum. Will call her and ask if she has another.
    Been taking it easy, and trying to occupy my mind with other things.
    Take care all, Jay x x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    well it not your fault it can happen to any one so chin up and good luck
    val
  • frogmorton
    Hi Jay

here's hoping you are feeling better today :?:

Love

and hugs

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Seconded by Dreamdaisy.
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    please dont blame your self we all do these things its because we are a trusting sort wrong maybe i know , hope they get the runt and they are made to pay [bring back the stocks is whats needed then we can use all the stale stuff and dinted tins ] xxxxxxxx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Seconded by Dreamdaisy. There is not enough public humiliation for wrongdoers.
  • jordan7j
    Hi everyone, thanks for all the messages, they have cheered me up lots!! Just waiting now for new bank cards to arrive. Heard no more from the police, so maybe no news is good news!! If I do hear anything will let you know x x x Jay
  • dreamdaisy
    I'm glad you're feeling brighter, these things are always a shock. Hope your cards arrive soon. DD
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    How awful. dont feel bad it could happen to anyone. Im glad they have good cctv footage and that spec savers are paying for frames. Its the shock of it that gets you. I hope they catch whoever the scum was and you can get your money back. Im so sorry huggs your way you take it easy from joanne
    Joanne
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Hi Jay,

What an awful thing to happen and it's only because you have a trusting nature .....and that's nothing to feel bad about. :| Pity your bag wasn't full of nasty things, of which I could name a few but won't for decencies sake, then they would have got what they deserved. :shock:

I'm glad you're feeling brighter...... they're the ones who should feel bad ...you're the victim remember that.

Luv Legs :)
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • dreamdaisy
    Hello jordan7. Any updates? Hope you are Ok today. DD
  • jordan7j
    Hi everyone, not much to report. Had a letter from police about victim support, and to say an officer has been allocated to the case.
    Still waiting for new cards to arrive, been told maybe by end of next week!! went into bank and took my passport and a bank statement plus my pass book to get them to check that nothing had come out of the accounts.
    The person who was dealing with me in Specsavers came up to me during the week in the centre, and asked if I heard anymore, I told her no, and she said that the cctv was very clear, and it was a young Eastern European woman with long dark hair who stole my purse. I dont suppose the police wanted me to know that. Dont suppose there is much chance of catching her though.
    So, thats it really, thanks everyone for the support, it makes me feel much better :):) love Jay x x
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Hi Jordan, This happened to me too. Mine was the supermarket. Distraction method. Felt a right plonker after I thought about it. It took ages to sort things out. Bank card, library ticket all sorts. They found my purse about 3 miles away thrown over a shop wall. Never got the low life though.

Hope you get things sorted soon. 075.gif

Lv, Ix
  • dreamdaisy
    Hi jordan7. I hope you are fully recovered: do you have your new cards yet, or have you had to resort to robbing the bank to get some cash? DD