im beginning to hate the sunny weather...

dippydoodah
dippydoodah Member Posts: 350
edited 1. Jun 2010, 02:40 in Community Chit-chat archive
*caution ~ rant altert*

i reeeeally need to get this off my chest. im so wishing the rain would come back - i'll put up with the pains for the sake of a little peace and quiet. my neighbours are the most fustrating people, a mother who is just plain lazy and lets her kids get away with murder, sleeps all day and plays loud music till sometimes 5am :shock:

shes a single mum with 3 kids and lads coming and going from her house at all hours and last night (for a change ~ sense the sarcasm) awoke to the sounds of street brawling to which the police were called at approx 1.30 am. when they left, stupidly thinking that was the end of the entertainment for the night and started to doze off, her 15 yr old daughter turned up the music at 3am - aaarrrrggghhhhhhhhhhhh :x

thankfully another neighbour shouted to knock it off or they'll call the police and it went quiet.

her youngest keeps climbing our back garden fence, taking things from our garden or knocking over our things when we're out and playing on our shed roof to which we get 'oh im sorry' from the mother before promptly returning to bed while her lad carrys on playing outside.

bring back the rain so that they have to stay indoors!! im all for summer, kids playing, people having bbq's and children on tranpolines but her kids... i could happily never see them again. im not normally a complainer. its been 5 years and im now at breaking point so for the first time we've complained to the council :oops:

ok... exhale...and rant over
i shall now return to the living room where i can put on my headphones and have some peace :)

Comments

• snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Sorry to hear you are having a bad time with your neighbors, and I do hope something can be done asap for you. However I would like to say not all "single mothers" have unruley children.

Julie
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • dippydoodah
    :oops: oh im sorry i wasnt even getting at her being a single mum ~ ive been there myself. divorced at 24 :oops:

its the attitude, i dont care whether shes single, married, divorced or got 3 husbands but when her kid is in my garden jumping on my shed and dented the roof, id prefer a bit more than 'aww sorry' and then walking away leaving him there :shock:

two of my closest friends are single mums i wasnt picking on that.

sorry for any confusion :oops:
    caroline x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hell is, and has always been, other people. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Oh Caro

They sound as though they are 'up there' with the worst :roll:

I hope you get a good night's sleep tonight and recover.

My 15 year olds wouldnt DARE!!!!!!!!!!

Love

Toni xx
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    I'm glad you've complained Caroline, probably not before time, this woman and her children can't be allowed to carry on like this.

I really hope you get some good results fast.

I'm angry for you :x

You must keep us posted.

Luv Legs :|
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    when they come into your garden that is just too much. We have a high hedge mostly to keep our autistic son contained where we can see him. If he tries to escape he has a few obstacles to overcome thus giving me valuable time to rescue him. However neighbours broke a hole thru said fence and played on our climbing frame. They used the hole to retrieve their toys on a regular basis.
    I didnt tell their mum until a year later when more incidents occured and i am glad to say it has now stopped.The hedge is now repairing itself.She told her child off(although blamed other children as the main offenders)and took an interest so we were lucky.

I can only sympathise with you Caroline as I know it is not nice at all. Their needs to be stronger laws on his.
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • frogmorton
    Elizabeth

Your hedge story show how some people can be reasonable....

best possible outcome (of course hers WASN'T the culprit) but it is sorted and she sounds ok with you.

Love

Toni xx
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Caroline

sorry to hear your story. Erm we are in for some more sunnyvweather towards the end of the week, just to warn you in advance. So if you are well enough, go out or better still go away if you can afford it! Phone the council if it happens again, they have to follow it up, environmental health is the dept to contact.

Janie
  • dippydoodah
    thanks for the support folks. we have emailed a complaint and to be fair over the year, we've spoken to her directly and asked her to keep music down etc and spoken to her when her lad has been in our garden but she really doesn't do anything about it. a few shouted words at him and shes back inside and hes back outside playing freely again.

it took my husband asking her middle child to go and get her mum because she just doesnt bother coming out of her house. the entire neighbourhood was in our front garden arguing about this boy (including her other kids) but she'd rather sit and watch tv instead.

unfortunately her son has been at it again this morning with another neighbour, throwing eggs at her back door and another street argument followed.

hopefully a letter from the council might kick her into action. she's already been moved once because she 'didnt get on with the neighbours'...

hubby is now installing security cameras in the back garden for when we go out.

thanks again anyway, feel a little less stressed today :)
  • frogmorton
    Hi

Glad you feel a bit better.

Also very glad the issue is not just yours and all the neigbours seem to be aware.

Will cross my fingers for a good outcome for you :)

Love

Toni xx