Real first stage at last no longer false not long to go,
Foaling made easy again with you my love,
Under the hedge with primrose and foxglove,
You foaled and she was born so easy you did it again,
She was so beautiful, bay a bit of white and a black mane,
Or maybe she will darken and end up brown,
She is so lovely and I could never frown,
At such a beautiful foal, usually sweet and kind,
Though now 7 weeks she knows her own mind!

The end of may and the next one looked due,
Again the wait, lack of sleep to see through.
In the dark and a gale with the soft fall of rain,
She went down and foaled so easy again,
A lovely filly under the may in full bloom,
She was a bit premature but even in the gloom,
Of the dark, the wind and my own sea of pain,
I saw a live foal so beautiful and feeling the same,
New birth is so moving but seems to be a trigger,
Back to my own who were better and much bigger,
Yet here are two horses all safe and foaled,
To have the others do the same has become my goal!

I so wish it was possible and you could all be,
Somehow here to watch stay awake and be with me,
To see for your selves the amazement of birth,
Come sat hello to the foal who seems full of mirth,
Feel the peace and calm that seems to be,
Surrounding the place that life becomes free,
And hold the foal as they find their feet,
To say hello, hold and at long last meet,
The thing that’s been kicking and moving inside,
Now on the ground, visible unable to hide,
But I promise you this its well worth the wait,
To feel for your selves this peaceful state!

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    You have quite a gift there, skezier. Mid-wiffery (sp) and poetry too. I hope that all your animals are well and happy. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Lynn,

It was a bit moving while I wrote it.... I think something came through with the words eh? :oops: :oops: :lol::lol::lol: I always go back to mine especially with Primmy cus well she is the same bold and friendly thing.... i think having made one 'monster' I should have realized and not made anther :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I must go edit it now cus its not quite right is it? Its proof I don't know the rules of poetry..... :oops: :oops: :lol::lol::lol:

Hey if I ever do the fools diary and its my girl..... well.... some wounds just don't seem to heal eh?! :roll:

Hope you and your OH had a decent bank holiday and I must go out with a camera.......

Love Cris who is finding 2 foals so time waisting :lol::lol::lol: xxx
  • skezier
    Hi DD,

They are all ok and I have just been groveling on the floor to get close to the feral one..... I am slightly concerned at a feral mare foaling only if anything goes wrong.... also the foal will need to be humaised and she isn't going to let that happen.... mind her last one is very friendly.....and she foaled somewhere else (I haven't seen the mare for 2 years) and was fine so finger crossed eh>

the other is brewing an Ellie :lol::lol::lol: If its female got a name and Annie gave me Rowan for a boy so she should be next....

hey you know dyslexia = creativity... just not very good on paper :lol::lol::lol: ((( ))) xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Dyslexics have fabulous, free-flowing brains, lucky devils. You do alright on paper, my lovely girl. Keep it up. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • skezier
    Hi DD,

hey back to getting the help from one teacher.... see you do good job girl, it may take a while but most of them will be thankful to people like you.

hey my visualization and imagination means I ain't half a day dreamer :lol::lol::lol::lol: How many times they said lacks concentration.... are they kidding I was building castles in my own world :lol::lol::lol: xx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Hi Cris

I have never had the privilege to see a foal being born, but your poem has expressed the wonder of birth so movingly. I could almost imagine being there with you, and watching the first minutes of Primrose and Blossom's life. Your love of animals, and your devotion to their welfare, is truly inspirational.

Thank you for writing such a lovely poem, and for sharing it with us.

Love from Joan ( and Tommy Tucker k040.gif )
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • skezier
    Oh Joan i do wish you could all come and see cus there is this peace that comes down.... its an odd one and foals are, for me, the best births :D Unless they go wrong.... but they very rarely do.

the frightened ones were on the waggons and humans..... very scary..... mares don't talk and some how its less intrusive.... still babies are also an incredible thing to help into the world.... just foals are easier and less embarrassing :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hey she was literally 3-5 mins old in the pics.... the day light ones will follow as soon as I got a min.... Woody must be a nice big lad? This one is so small i think i should put her in my pocket :lol::lol::lol: the other is huge compared her... mind she is gong to make 15 hands easily.....

Glad you liked it and one day I will do my own.... ((( ))) Cris xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Cris

I loved it I really did.

you write so well - well it is from the heart isnt it?

A for the final verse - I am there Cris I am watching in wonder - and I reckon the rest of us are too :D

Love

and hugs

Toni xx
  • skezier
    hi Toni,

Yep from the heart......I think its about the only way I can write actually....

hey Shaun is on.....

Catch you all later :lol::lol::lol:

love

Cris xxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Well hurry up and watch it.....

you gotta join the committee meeting in the pub......

love

Toni xx
  • skezier
    Hi Toni,

Its over now :oops:

I shall go forth with......

hey do owe you a pm? I kinda getting bit confused today :wink: Doped for the hair cuts to come.....

Hope your neck is a little better and please get it looked at.

Love and a ((((( )))))

Cris xxx
  • mummyb
    mummyb Member Posts: 1,231
    Cris you are such a gifted person, what a beautiful poem, it was like a photo in words, you could imagine everyting that was occurring , it would be such a privelege to witness something so special. Sometimes people cross our path in life who it is a privelege to know, I reckon you're one of those people, you have so much to bear with your health conditions and yet you give so freely to enrich the lives of the animals you work with, not to mention the support and encouragement you give to the people on this forum. Thank you for being there for the animals and for us, I only hope I can be there for you when you need support too.
    God Bless, Brenda xx :D:D:D
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Lovely Cris
    thanx for pics im not showing them to Diddy cos she will drive me nuts for days saying she wants one :D
    Hugs and Bubbles
    sharon
  • skezier
    Hi Brenda,

You are too kind and I mus go edit it a bit cus it doesn't flow too ell eh?

Hey I can promise you i have never given close to the support the forum and its people have given me.... every 4 months actually they all band together and get me to go for the drip :oops: :lol::lol:

Its a good place and I try and return a bit of what I take but am sure its lop sided and i have not come close to giving enough back.

Hope you had a good day and me..... well i wasted so much time with a feral mare and the pocket foal :wink: ((( ))) Cris xx

Hi Sharon,

here are some more to come and Diddy would love this one cus she is so small..... She is a lot bigger than he was but i keep thinking of her as a pocket foal :lol::lol::lol:

Hope your doing ok and leaving you a bucket of (((((( )))))) and so many bubbles.... hey saw one of those multi bubble things and you know what..... I should love one :lol::lol::lol::lol: Cris xxx
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Hay cris i saw a bubble frizbe the other day, imagine the fun we could have with that :!:
    i mean the fun the kids and the dogs could have with one of those, not us :lol::wink:
  • skezier
    Cus we's too growed up ......... :lol::lol::lol: hey your till young and can get away with it.... me..... well.....

A ((((( ))))) and will send you the daylight ones son cus she is pretty....if odd face marked...

Do you remember the little bay with the ill looking foal at foot last year? this is her and this foal will grow into something half decent so Diddy can ride her..... I wonder hat either would make of that? :lol::lol::lol: ((( )))'s to you all and bubbles Sharon by the ton for you... and ... I shall go see if I can find that :lol::lol::lol: xxxx
  • mummyb
    mummyb Member Posts: 1,231
    Methinks you are too modest!! (((((()))))) Have a good day, Brenda xx