Best times to take Sulphasalazine

widget
widget Member Posts: 22
edited 2. Jun 2010, 06:29 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all

I'm due to start this drug this week which is going alongside my Metho. Starting on 1 a day for a week then increasing upto 4 a day.

Has anyone found a particular time of day is good to take them. The first one is mornings only, second week one in the morning and one in the evening and so on.

Any advice/comments most appreciated

Widget
:)

Comments

• janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi

I usually take mine with my other tabs with my meals, it's easier for me.

Janie
  • wibberley
    wibberley Member Posts: 421
    I'm on 4 a day and take 2 after breakfast and 2 after my evening meal.

Lois x
  • bailey27
    bailey27 Member Posts: 689
    Hi
    I am on 3 tablets twice a day and take the first with breakfast and the second lot with my afternoon tabs.
    I dont know abut the better benefits you may get as personally i find they dont help me at all.
    I had some minor side effects when i first started taking them such as feeling a bit out of it. Not like the strong pain meds do but more like i wasn't quite concentrating or thinkint 100% clearly so that may be something to bare in mind. Nothing to worry about as i was still able to drive like it but it was an unusual feeling. They can effect people differently so maybe when you start taking them see how you feel and decide then.x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Widget,

I was on sulfa for a while and used to take them in the morning with the other tablets and in the evening before going to bed. I really hope the add in of these will help you. Let us know how your doing and good luck. Cris x
  • deborahjane
    deborahjane Member Posts: 120
    i take 2 after breakfast 2 before bed
  • caprica
    caprica Member Posts: 195
    Breakfast and dinner is a good plan, sometimes I sleep in or forget to take mine at breakfast so I take them with lunch. I don't think it matters that much, according to my doc. Better on a full stomach to avoid feeling sick.
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Hi Widgit
    i just started to take sulpha on fri and was wondering the same thing so glad you asked :lol:
    i also take mtx and hydroxy
    lets hope the sulpha works well for us both :D
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    page35 wrote:
    Hi Widgit
    i just started to take sulpha on fri and was wondering the same thing so glad you asked :lol:
    i also take mtx and hydroxy
    lets hope the sulpha works well for us both :D

Hi Sharon

I hope it helps chick :D

Love

Toni xx
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Hi Widget
    I used to take Sulfasalazine and alway took them after breakfast and after evening meal. As someone else has said, I think taking them on a full stomach is a good idea as may help with any nausea which occurs whilst you are getting used to the pills. Really hope they help you! Love Tilly x
  • loopylou
    loopylou Member Posts: 175
    I like everyone else on here it seems take mine after breakfast and after my evening meal. take them after food as it reduces the side effect of nausea.
    Just keep plodding along singing a song