Anyone else have raynuards to go with arthur?

tjc123
tjc123 Member Posts: 139
edited 1. Jun 2010, 08:46 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi my hands & feet are so cold due to raynuards at the same time my hands are painful & swollen due to atrhur...I cant win.

Some how the two are linked,not quite sure how
:?
Anyone else have the same problem?
tjc

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi TJC

I know others have this problem I am sure others have mentioned it - me?

I have HOT hands :x grrr!!!!

Love

Toni xx
  • tjc123
    tjc123 Member Posts: 139
    :x We cant win x
  • gickygawky
    gickygawky Member Posts: 478
    Yes I have Raynaud's too.

After a day in the sun I am still freezing and in winter my hands and feet are like pieces of ice.

Arthur and his friends sure know how to party don't they!
  • loobizaz
    loobizaz Member Posts: 2
    Hi

I have Raynauds and psoriatic arthritis.

Its not a great combo - especially in winter when my hands are so cold they are numb, but somehow the lumps on my finger joints are more painful on the steering wheel etc?

Sometimes a double whammy on the pain factor...... :(
  • bailey27
    bailey27 Member Posts: 689
    Hi
    Yes i get raynauds. I use to get it more before i started the arthritis meds.
    At the beginning I wasnt being treated for the arthritis untio i went to my GP and mentioned about the purple lumps i was gettign on my fingers and toes and I asked him to chase up a back scan i was waiting for results of and he told me it was all connected and then referred me to rheumatology.
    It is definately linked. When i get a flare up I often, but not always get small raised patched on my for fingers and toes.
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    tjc123 wrote:
    Hi my hands & feet are so cold due to raynuards at the same time my hands are painful & swollen due to atrhur...I cant win.

tjc

Hi, Yes I have raynuards as well as r/a

Julie
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi TJC,

I have raynaud's as a secondary to another circulation thing as well. Its treatable though if your having real problems talk to you rumo about it as there are 2 types of infusion and some types of tablets that can help it quite a lot.

I think they are done once a year and one I have every 4 month and it does help though its not that present to have. I really hope you can get some help for this coming winter and that you get a bit of a decent break from it during the warmer months? Cris x
  • englishrose
    englishrose Member Posts: 99
    tjc123 wrote:

tjc
    I too have RA and suffer from raynauds. Just using a damp teatowel can start it off - hugs and sympathy to you. I did mention it to Rheumatologist but she made no comment re treating it.