music makes you feel

only49
only49 Member Posts: 1,207
edited 17. Jun 2010, 15:55 in Community Chit-chat archive
hello just been listening to some music, dont it just make you feel good, and lift your mood, i dont think much of this pop music, and as for some i heard last night on the tv. i think it was rap dont like that, i like something that you can tap your foot along too, and have a good sing song.

what do you think ?

sylvia
sylvia :)stern02.gif

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    music really lifts my spirits and can also take me back to days gone by

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Yep elizabeth

It can take you right back can''t it?

personally I like words which I can relate too as well as catchy melodies :wink:

LOve

Toni xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Sylvia,

opposite to you.... i love modern music.... and Dizzy is number one :D:D:D:D

I find music not only a lifter of spirits but also good to meditate/drift to as well..... Big thumping base lines and I am happy :D Cris x
  • only49
    who likes panpipe music ? and what era do you like ? i was born in the sixties so i like that, also unchained melody and the songs that robson and jerome sang on soldier soldier.
  • only49
    frogmorton wrote:
    Yep elizabeth

It can take you right back can''t it?

personally I like words which I can relate too as well as catchy melodies :wink:

LOve

Toni xx
    i love a good song that you can get into such that one thats playing in the background of ghost and that movie really gets to me, a bit like some adverts that are catchie, i remeber one its about whole nut chocolate,
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    cris - big thumping base lines and I am happy - oh yeah, Alexander O'Neil, Fake, at full volume in the earphones, also Criticise - 'can't you find somethin else to talk about, is this song the only one you sing,' etc etc. Trouble is I have to get out of bed and go into the sitting room opposite so I don't wake The Husband. I need the noisy stuff at 3am to counteract the aches and pains. Glorious. Also Where Love Lives (Alison Limerick) Red Skies (Chicane) and oh, lots of others. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • skezier
    Hi DD,

Oh Chicane are good but me just now... I am well stuck on Deadmau5 and well when the car broke down I got kinda bored with one of their albums but random name I love .......

Got Born Slippy pounding me ears just now and then... well then I might just go by the one with trains in the title :wink: I think that's a good drift one actually :lol::lol: ((( ))) Cris xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    skezier wrote:
    Hi DD,

Oh Chicane are good but me just now... I am well stuck on Deadmau5 and well when the car broke down I got kinda bored with one of their albums but random name I love .......

Got Born Slippy pounding me ears just now and then... well then I might just go by the one with trains in the title :wink: I think that's a good drift one actually :lol::lol: ((( ))) Cris xx

Born slippy is great Cris!

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    Names I have not heard of, thanks skezier and tchakev, I will check them our. DD
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Oh dear I'm obviously really out of touch - haven't heard of any of these (except Unchained Melody)! Give me a good bit of Bach or Elgar any day. Like Jack Johnson tho' - found out about him when we bought our IPOD and docking station (very recently) cos it was the sample track in the shop. Oh and still enjoy alot of the 80's music to sing along to - Simple Minds earlier stuff used to be my favourite. But I agree that music - whatever it is - is very uplifting. Might just go and click on the link in Delboy's post now to have a listen. Tilly.
  • skezier
    Hi DD,

Try these for starters they were singles so not the very best but still good.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV8eiSA4vqc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK1mLIeXwsQ&feature=related

I hope I done these right...... boring vids though :wink: xx

Hi Del,

Not bad but a bit tame...... well I seem to have gone hard core now a days.... except the above :lol::lol::lol: Cris x

Oh found another..... now this one is very good to drift too and also for staying calm in a broken down car :lol::lol::lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xGYJsUi-28&feature=related
  • only49
    skezier wrote:
    Hi DD,

Try these for starters they were singles so not the very best but still good.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV8eiSA4vqc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK1mLIeXwsQ&feature=related

I hope I done these right...... boring vids though :wink: xx

Hi Del,

Not bad but a bit tame...... well I seem to have gone hard core now a days.... except the above :lol::lol::lol: Cris x
    hi cris you would like the teenager from hell that we live next door to she likes that sort of music, so much so i had to phone the police as we could here the thud thud through our walls, she alot quiter now and as this had been going on since last summer i hope thats the end of it, i got nothing against anyone music we are all different life would be boring if we was all the same.

sylvia
  • skezier
    Hi Sylvia,

Its the kind of thump that sadly carries a long way..... I am so lucky I have no near neighbours and well if I cant hear it at the end of my fields that means the nearest house over and along doesn't hear i either.

I do hope your neighbours young un has stopped. Cris x
  • only49
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Sylvia,

Its the kind of thump that sadly carries a long way..... I am so lucky I have no near neighbours and well if I cant hear it at the end of my fields that means the nearest house over and along doesn't hear i either.

I do hope your neighbours young un has stopped. Cris x

time will tell lol got the police number in my phone so i can phone.
  • dreamdaisy
    Why does it never occur to people that their taste in music isn't everyone else's and that it's better thro headphones anyway? It's the 'me, me, me' generation, this is what I want **** the rest of you.

Regarding the classics, it's Brahms all the way for me, love him to death. The 2nd piano concerto in B minor, especially and his 1st symphony. Wish my personal PASO would play that in my joints and not the rubbish that it does! Bit of Schubert too, and Erik Satie's piano works are a particular delight. Very quirky they are. DD

PS PASO = psoriatic arthritis symphony orchestra.

PPS skezier, thank you for the links. I will peruse and report back.
  • dreamdaisy
    Right, have perused and, to quote a certain Mr Austin Powers, 'Oh yeah, baby!'. Thank you, thank you, thank you. DD
  • only49
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Why does it never occur to people that their taste in music isn't everyone else's and that it's better thro headphones anyway? It's the 'me, me, me' generation, this is what I want **** the rest of you.

Regarding the classics, it's Brahms all the way for me, love him to death. The 2nd piano concerto in B minor, especially and his 1st symphony. Wish my personal PASO would play that in my joints and not the rubbish that it does! Bit of Schubert too, and Erik Satie's piano works are a particular delight. Very quirky they are. DD

PS PASO = psoriatic arthritis symphony orchestra.

PPS skezier, thank you for the links. I will peruse and report back.
    I couldnt agree more D D
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    I like Keane, and I've got a bit of a crush on Tom Chaplin, their lead singer. I've seen them in concert a couple of times, and they were fantastic. I always play their music if I feel a bit down, and it always lifts my spirits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QypdrBPE4jM
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    Just having a crush helps. DD
  • skezier
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Right, have perused and, to quote a certain Mr Austin Powers, 'Oh yeah, baby!'. Thank you, thank you, thank you. DD

Oh DD they are really good and for me its good for the soul :lol::lol: xx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Just having a crush helps. DD

Too true :!: A girl can dream :!: :D
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • loopylou
    loopylou Member Posts: 175
    I agree music definately lifts my mood! in the lovely weather we've been having recently theres nothing like winding the car windows down putting sunglasses on and listening to a bit of AC/DC or metallica as i'm driving down the dual carriageway! 8) it really cheers me up even if it is on my way to work!
    Just keep plodding along singing a song
  • biddybeth
    biddybeth Member Posts: 45
    tillytop wrote:
    Oh dear I'm obviously really out of touch - haven't heard of any of these (except Unchained Melody)! Give me a good bit of Bach or Elgar any day. Like Jack Johnson tho' - found out about him when we bought our IPOD and docking station (very recently) cos it was the sample track in the shop. Oh and still enjoy alot of the 80's music to sing along to - Simple Minds earlier stuff used to be my favourite. But I agree that music - whatever it is - is very uplifting. Might just go and click on the link in Delboy's post now to have a listen. Tilly.
    I'm with you Tilly. I love all kinds of music (not rap) but classical music I find relaxing and along with a glass of wine, it's wonderful. Beth x
  • dreamdaisy
    Just one? DD