Hello from me, another newbie

mairibc
mairibc Member Posts: 19
edited 8. Jun 2010, 09:48 in Say Hello Archive
Hi there. My name is Mairi, 51 yr old female. been living with r.a. for 3yrs now and it is still resistant to any medications so far prescribed. i am keen to find out all your hints and tips on how you are coping with r.a.

Comments

• mairibc
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    hi babycham. sorry to hear you are hurting so bad just now but so much driving after such a long break would be a nightmare. i had a "flare" on thursday night and it was so bad i actually didnt know what to do but my overwhelming desire was to sleep. i ended up phoning nhs 24 and getting an appointment with them and today my pains and swelling are back to normal.
    hope you feel a bit better soon and thanks for my welcome.
    from what i have read so far you certainly seem like a lovely crowd.
    thanks m
  • mairibc
    lol - i know exactly what you mean. we need to be sneaky about our arrangements or arthur will do his damndest to spoil them. mx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Hi Mairbic, Welcome to the forum for me too. Really sorry things have not been so good for you. Meds can be such a minefield at times. Hope you can get sorted soon. Lv, Ix
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    :P Hi Mairi - and welcome from me too! You will find lots of people here in similar situations - and everyone is really friendly. I only joined the forum recently and wouldn't be without it now! I see that you have already posted on Living with Arthritis forum - will hope over to read that in a min. Also you might enjoy looking in on the "chit-chat" forum - lots of more light-hearted stuff on there - including "cafe" and "garden". Look forward to seeing you around! Love Tilly x
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    tillytop wrote:
    :P Hi Mairi - and welcome from me too! You will find lots of people here in similar situations - and everyone is really friendly. I only joined the forum recently and wouldn't be without it now! I see that you have already posted on Living with Arthritis forum - will hop over to read that in a min. Also you might enjoy looking in on the "chit-chat" forum - lots of more light-hearted stuff on there - including "cafe" and "garden". Look forward to seeing you around! Love Tilly x
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Welcome to the forum Mairbi, I hope you find it helpful here, you will be amongst friends who can offer sympathy, advice, support, a listening ear. Look forward to your postings soon. Join us in the chit chat cafe for calorie free cakes, they are wonderful and we all have good natter about our days, be they good or bad. Take care, XXX Bubbles.
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • mairibc
    thank you for the welcome. the chit chat cafe sounds fun, i shall be sure to pop over very soon. mx
  • mairibc
    thank you all so much for your welcome, you sure are a friendly bunch and hopefully i shall fit right in.
    i dont know of anyone personally who has r.a. or similar so it will be great to hear all your different voices on the subject. its nice to know that i can have a bad day and someone will understand where i am coming from and also to share my good days with you too and hopefully there will be lots of good days for us all.
    i have been trawling through lots of posts and discovered so much already.
    mx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Maribc
    Sorry I cant help with any questions on RA,I just want to say a very warm welcome to the forum, the people on here are so supportive,any questions you have post in LWA and someone will be along with answers.
    Hope to see you posting more very soon
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara