newly diagnosed

kajo3616
kajo3616 Member Posts: 2
edited 8. Jun 2010, 17:37 in Say Hello Archive
Hiya. in the space of 3 weeks I have gone from having some swelling in my fingers to being diagnosed with Acute Rheumatoid Arthritis and just to top it off am now laid up with tendon dammage. it's all just happened so very fast.

at least I don't seem to suffer too badly with the Methertrexate.

Anyway greetings from Dorset and I look forward to chatting with everyone soon

Comments

• ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    kajo3616 wrote:
    Hiya. in the space of 3 weeks I have gone from having some swelling in my fingers to being diagnosed with Acute Rheumatoid Arthritis and just to top it off am now laid up with tendon dammage. it's all just happened so very fast.

at least I don't seem to suffer too badly with the Methertrexate.

Anyway greetings from Dorset and I look forward to chatting with everyone soon

Hi Kajo, welcome to the forum. You will have alot to take in at the moment. I'm so sorry that you have RA. Post any questions you have on the LWA forum and we will all do our best to answer you. Sorry th hear about the Tendon damage. You must feel you are on a rollercoaster. :( Glad the meds are agreeing with you. Lv, Ix
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Hi Kajo - welcome from me too! So sorry about your diagnosis. Must be a real shock for you happening so fast. But glad that you are not struggling with meth too much and hopefully you will start to notice an improvement before long. Everyone on this forum is really friendly and you will find lots of RA "newbies" to compare notes and lots of us "old hands" who will do our best to use our own experiences to advise you. Love Tilly x
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Welcome to the forum Kajo, sorry too that your RA has come on so fast, it can do that, an almost overnight thing. Horrid for you. Glad you are ok on the treatment and that it helps you.
    You will find lots of support and advice on here, people are so caring and supportive, feel free to moan and shout, we will all rally round and support you.
    Join us in the cafe, which is open all hours, to have fun and natter and eat cakes all night long. Take care
    XXX Bubbles.
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Hi

A warm welcome from me too.

I can only echo what everyone has said. Except I have RA in the hands as well as other places.

I do hope you enjoy the Forums as much as many of us do.

Looking forward to seeing you post soon.

Love Trish xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Kajo
    And a very warm welcome from me,you have come to the right place,everyone is so supportive, when you are ready come and join us in chit chat for some light relief
    Hope to see you posting more very soon.
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • mairibc
    mairibc Member Posts: 19
    hi from me too. sounds like you have a lot on your plate at the mo but hope you are coping. mx