hi everyone!

ginster
ginster Member Posts: 11
edited 8. Jun 2010, 06:32 in Say Hello Archive
I'm Ginny am 47 and was diagnosed with osteoarthritis spodylosis and bursitis of the hip about 6 weeks ago - have been prescribed bu-trans patches and also take ibuprophen. Am finding it difficult to adapt to doing things differently and cope with the daily pain never knowing what part of my body's gonna hurt worse feel old before my time. :(

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi ginny

A big welcome from me too :D

Good to meet you.

I had a jab in my hip bursa a couple og weks ago - makes it very hard to sleep doesnt it?

Please do have a look arounf the forums and join in wherever you want to. we are a friendly bunch and you will be made most welcome.

Any specific questions - I would stick em on the Living with arthritis site

Love

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello ginster and welcome. Sometimes it's an un-necessarily tough life, I know exactly what you man about 'being old before your time'. It sucks. We, however, are old hands at it. Any questions go to the LWA forum. For a natter, discussion, a laugh or whatever, try Chitchat. Hope you are reasonably OK today. Dreamdaisy
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    wanted to say hi and welcome :D
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Hi Ginster - and welcome from me too! You will find everyone on these forums really friendly and a great source of advice - and fun!
    Tilly x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Ginny
    A very warm welcome from me, sorry you have had to find us, but you have come to the right place, the people on here are so friendly and supportive,when you are ready come and join us in chit chat, we are a bit mad but it dose help.
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • ginster
    babycham wrote:
    Hello Ginny its great to meet you you will find a friendly bunch on here who will always listen to probs etcLuvBabychamxxx :)

Hi babysham thanks for the friendly message - great to meet you too...xx
  • ginster
    coco67 wrote:

thanks for the message and nice to meet you... :)
  • ginster
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hi Ginny
    A very warm welcome from me, sorry you have had to find us, but you have come to the right place, the people on here are so friendly and supportive,when you are ready come and join us in chit chat, we are a bit mad but it dose help.
    Barbara x

Thanks for the friendly message lovely to meet you... :)
  • ginster
    tillytop wrote:
    Hi Ginster - and welcome from me too! You will find everyone on these forums really friendly and a great source of advice - and fun!
    Tilly x

Hi Tilly thanks for the friendly message :) lovely to meet you - although not in the best of circumstances...
  • ginster
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi ginny

A big welcome from me too :D

Good to meet you.

I had a jab in my hip bursa a couple og weks ago - makes it very hard to sleep doesnt it?

Please do have a look arounf the forums and join in wherever you want to. we are a friendly bunch and you will be made most welcome.

Any specific questions - I would stick em on the Living with arthritis site

Love

Toni xx

Hi Tony thanks for the message and nice to meet you... :)
  • ginster
    babycham wrote:
    ginster wrote:
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hi Ginny
    Barbara x

Thanks for the friendly message lovely to meet you... :)
    Luv the name Ginny are you a little pasty or a sausage roll Babychamx :):):) :?:

Prefer to think of me as a sausage roll not keen on pasties... :lol: Its just a nick name I got stuck with at work glad you like it tho... :lol:
  • ginster
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Hello ginster and welcome. Sometimes it's an un-necessarily tough life, I know exactly what you man about 'being old before your time'. It sucks. We, however, are old hands at it. Any questions go to the LWA forum. For a natter, discussion, a laugh or whatever, try Chitchat. Hope you are reasonably OK today. Dreamdaisy
    Hi Dreamdaisy thanks for the friendly message and useful tips lovely to meet you... :)
  • ginster
    coco67 wrote:
    Hi coco thanks for the friendly message and hi to you too... :)