new girl.

highheelsue
highheelsue Member Posts: 6
edited 22. Jun 2010, 09:59 in Say Hello Archive
hello. a week before my 5oth birhday i was told that i had OA and by the time i was 60 i would have it from my neck to feet!!not the best present i had that year.it's been a bit down hill from there.4years on i have oseoporsis(bones of a 70year old my dear,ta)scoliosis(spine going a nice S shape)3 prolapsed discs,rotator cuff injury,tear in cartridge and 1 new hip and 2nd one later this year. i'm going have to move house because 1.. it has steps and the area is all up hill and down dale.2.. i think my employer wants me to leave my job.trying to look at the bright side of things but today when i look out at my garden and think of all the hard work i put in over the years i just feel very sad.never mind, smaller house and no job. its just a new road to try.hope you all have a good week.x

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi highheel
    I am so sorry you are going through all this, but you have come to the right place, you will get so much support off everyone on here.
    Like you I too love my garden,and I was distraught at the idea of never doing it again, but bit by bit I am coming up with all soughts of ways round it,dont get me wrong I get my grandchildren to help with the planting, but between us we get there.I do hope you stay with us and when you are ready we have chit chat for some light relief.
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    im fairly new here also and just wanted to welcome you, everyone is lovely in here and helpful. look forward to get to know you all more :D
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Hello and welcome from me too. Sorry you have been having such a tough time, but glad you have found us! You will be made very welcome and there are lots of people to share with who really understand what you are going through. The Living with Arthritis (LWA) forum is best place to post specific arthritis related messages because we all look there. And the "Chit Chat" forum is where we go for light hearted relief, including the "cafe" (company and calorie free cakes) and "anyone for gardening" threads (garden chat for those of us who love our gardens, even if we are not able to do as much in them as we would like). Look forward to seeing you posting again soon!
    Love Tilly x
  • highheelsue
    THANK YOU for the warm welcome and moral support.i have been off work for a few weeks(not something i do all the time) and i'm going back on thursday.wish me luck.x
  • highheelsue
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hi highheel
    I am so sorry you are going through all this, but you have come to the right place, you will get so much support off everyone on here.
    Like you I too love my garden,and I was distraught at the idea of never doing it again, but bit by bit I am coming up with all soughts of ways round it,dont get me wrong I get my grandchildren to help with the planting, but between us we get there.I do hope you stay with us and when you are ready we have chit chat for some light relief.
    Love
    Barbara x
    thank you for the warm welcome and the moral support.
  • highheelsue
    tillytop wrote:
    Hello and welcome from me too. Sorry you have been having such a tough time, but glad you have found us! You will be made very welcome and there are lots of people to share with who really understand what you are going through. The Living with Arthritis (LWA) forum is best place to post specific arthritis related messages because we all look there. And the "Chit Chat" forum is where we go for light hearted relief, including the "cafe" (company and calorie free cakes) and "anyone for gardening" threads (garden chat for those of us who love our gardens, even if we are not able to do as much in them as we would like). Look forward to seeing you posting again soon!
    Love Tilly x
    THANK YOU FOR THE WARM WELCOME.
  • highheelsue
    coco67 wrote:
    im fairly new here also and just wanted to welcome you, everyone is lovely in here and helpful. look forward to get to know you all more :D
    thank you for the welcome.xx
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Hi

I just popped in to say a warm welcome from me.

This is a very good Forum and there will be plenty of people to talk to on here. They are very nice people, so if you need a rant there is always someone who will listen.

I have spondylosis in my neck and scoliosis of the spine. Mine has gone to a C shape. It is very painful as well.

I hope you will like it here as much as I do.

Hope to see you around the Forums.

love Trish xx
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    THANK YOU for the warm welcome and moral support.i have been off work for a few weeks(not something i do all the time) and i'm going back on thursday.wish me luck.x

Will be thinking of you Thursday! Please do post on LWA to let us know how it goes!
    Love Tilly xx
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    Hello High Heel Sue!

Welcome to this site. You can moan, rant, gain handy tips, support each other and laugh with each other on here so this site is a great find.

So sorry to hear you are being put through the grind just now. Sending you positive thoughts that things get a little if not not BIG bit better and thinking of you on Thursday on return to work.

Keep us updated and keep smiling :lol:
    Carol
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Welcome to the forum high heel, love the name. I too have OA alongside other medical problems, so I know where you are coming from. I too had to move, well we,, the OH came with me :wink: to live on one level as stairs are a no go. Sometimes it can be a change that is needed and as you say a new chapter, that is sometimes a lot better than you first thought. Closing the door on arthur is not quite as easy, but you are amongst friends here and we all share our thoughts and problems, have a laugh, drink coffee and hot chocolate till the wee small hours.
    Look forward to seeing you posting. Join us for a chat in the cafe too.

Take care, xx Bubbles.
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    HI Sue

Good to meet you and it sounds as though you ahve had it rough.

No need to feel alone with all that. You are very welcome here with us lot.

Tell me - do you still wear you heels?

Love

Toni xx