What a waste of time

queenfan
queenfan Member Posts: 563
Well I have been to my ESA medical, what a waste of time.
I have got myself that worked up about going there.

The doctor was foreign, but she seemed pleasant enough.
It turned out that she she had no evidence about any of my medical history :x All that she had wrote down in front of her was two things spondylitis of the neck, & depression, just what was wrote on my sick note for work.
when I went through my medical history she was shocked then said I will write all this down but they wont believe me without evidence , she said they will probably write back to me wanting more evidence, so I will probably have to go for a second interview, I didn't have to bend or anything like that she just asked me if i could make a fist & how high I could raise my arms.
So it looks like I have got to go all through this again :roll:
My hubby is so mad :x :x
what I do I do now
I cant tell you how I feel I don't know myself :oops:
Sue xx

Comments

• maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Sue, Im really sorry it didnt go well. Do you get a copy of the letter your rheumy sends to your GP? The reason i ask is i always take copies with me when having to go see my occ health dr he says it really helps with the assesment (HR keep sending me to see him) Why dont they seem to take Arthur seriously? Its as if we are making it all up! It really makes my blood boil! Try not to let this get you down. Take care Maria x
  • queenfan
    Thanks Maria
    It's true no one seems to take us seriously,it's just the thought that I have got to go all through this again,
    I'm not the only one every one seems to be going through the same at the moment, There's times I think is it worth it, frighting for what we need to help us day to day
    thank you for your support,
    take care Sue x
  • queenfan
    Thanks Jan
    I know I don't write much, You know me keep a lot to myself
    I think it just over split because I was scared, I know silly **** me
    It's lovely to hear from you I hope those nights aren't taking to much out of you we all know what your like :wink:
    Take care love Sue xx
  • happy_feet
    happy_feet Member Posts: 93
    Hi Queenfan,
    I failed me ESA assessment, I`m taking it to tribunal and I`ll post a new thread about it.

Did you fill in all the details of your conditions on the ESA50? If you did it shouldnt matter that there was no other evidence the examiner is meant to go off the ESA50 and the examination on that day, sounds like a cop out to me.

If you have to go back take someone with you, do NOT go alone! Your companion is allowed to take notes and make sure they do, theyll probably be given a piece of paper saying the notes cant be used as evidence. It does help to have notes theres often a lot you forget afterwards.
    Make sure you note the time the examiner calls for you, and also the time you leave the examination room and remember it - this is important. Get your companion to take a photo of you as soon as the assessment is finished and keep it, make sure the photo has the time and date stamp. The reason I say this is because the examiners are faking the length of time the assessments take, the woman who did my assessment said in the report I sat comfortably in the chair for 45 minutes, I knew I hadnt... my daughter had taken a photo of me after the assessment so I got her to check the pic, it was taken at 11.02. The examiner said the assessment finished at 11.15!!!!!! And I had been out of there a good ten minutes, she added the extra time making it look like I sat for at least 20 mins longer than I did! Im so glad I got that pic, its proof, and they are doing the same to others.
    The examiner might still have written a report, did she type anything on the computer? Whether she did or didnt ring up the DWP tomorrow if possible and tell them you want a copy of the examiners report.
    Let me know how you get on.
  • queenfan
    Hi Happy feet, yes I did fill in the ESA50 form.
    that's what I couldn't understand.
    All she had in front of her was to lines written, nothing about what disabilities i have,.
    how long do you have to wait until they let you know? what their decision is.
    It looks like the government intent to do the same thing with a medical for DLA, All this is such a pain
    I hope you are keeping well.
    take care Sue x
  • haagan
    haagan Member Posts: 84
    Hi Sue
    I had to go to tribunal to get ESA. My report from medical had loads of wrong infomation on it, The form which I filled in carefully was disregarded. Atos seems to work on the theory that if you turn up, are clean and tidy, do not rock in the chair, and can hold a conversation, You are employable. It doesn't matter about your disabilities. I had a job I enjoyed, understanding employers but I became too ill to work, I have PsA with Osteo in my hands. My hands are useless, swollen etc. At the Tribunal the lay member asked to see my hands ,said can you lift a 2 litre milk carton with one hand, can't lift it with 2 and awarded me ESA. Information which I had given on the form and at the medical. I bought a new computer when I got my back payment now have voice reconightion software wonderful.
    I have just had to fill the form in again, you only get a year before it begins again.
    Complain to your MP, mine was very understanding .Fay
  • queenfan
    Yes Fay you are totally right about how they look at us,
    my hubby says they had already made their mind up even before we went through the door,
    He was more mad than me & i had to keep him calm,
    because of they way they were with me.
    I tend not to want to fight for things because, It seems we have to keep jumping hurdles to prove how we are feeling.
    But my OH said don't let them beat you making you feel you don't deserve it like everyone else.
    What a stupid thing to ask you Fay when they can see how bad your hands are, they make me sick all of them.
    keep your chin up Fay we will fight together :wink:
    take care Sue xx
  • haagan
    Thanks Sue.
    I'm ready for them this time. We have to stick together and get this system changed. We are made to beg for something we need, yet everyday there is another story about benefit fraud, it makes me so mad.
    have an arthurfree day and don't let it get you down, We'll fight it together Fay
  • queenfan
    Thanks Fay
    We will stick together & fight, you have made me more determined today.
    Just hope I don't change my mind tomorrow :lol: Sorry I'm like that, one day I can feel strong I say bring it on,
    the next day it would be I don't think I can face them :oops:
    stupid or what.
    I fill strong like today when the pain is bad.
    I don't think you will have any trouble keeping it Fay they can see how you are,
    God I didn't know you have to keep applying for it each year :shock: I will stick with you & I know you will get it
    Take care Sue x
  • haagan
    Hi
    I have just recieved the letter telling me to phone to arrange an medical. you have two days from recieving letter to make appointment! Having been trying but the operators are busy please hold your call is important!. Unfortunately I only have mobile so it's not freephone, will have to keep phoning until someone answers. On good news front seeing my consultant on Tuesday.
    Have a great weekend fay
  • surfer
    surfer Member Posts: 3
    I strongly advise you against completing the form on your own. Consult an organisation like D.I.A.L http://www.dialuk.info/ or even your local CAB branch. They will complete the form for you. Make sure that you have a copy of your prescriptions to submit with the application. Even better if you can get a letter from your doctor even if it costs you £10 stating your problems and any mobility restrictions associated with the problem. If no mobility issue, any issues that prevent you from living a normal day to day life.
    Doing it this way may avoid an ATOS medical where they do their level best to pass you as they get a bonus for every one taken off DLA or ESA.
    If you do have an ATOS medical, ask if you can read it before they submit. They may say no, but you have a right to a copy and they cannot refuse this. In the event that you are "rejected" do a "subject Access Request" at a cost of £10 asking for ALL info on your medical issue. They are obliged to concede to this request within 40 days otherwise the Data Commissioner can come down on them like a ton of bricks and invoke a large fine.
    Once you get the documents compare your copy of the medical to the copy that was submitted to the DWP. It is not unknown for ATOS to change details after you have left the room. If there is a descrepancy and you have failed then launch an appeal.
    I hope this helps.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    That sounds like good advice, surfer. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Wow - Surfer - great advice, you know your stuff!!

Oh and welcome to the forum...

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • queenfan
    surfer wrote:
    I strongly advise you against completing the form on your own. Consult an organisation like D.I.A.L http://www.dialuk.info/ or even your local CAB branch. They will complete the form for you. Make sure that you have a copy of your prescriptions to submit with the application. Even better if you can get a letter from your doctor even if it costs you £10 stating your problems and any mobility restrictions associated with the problem. If no mobility issue, any issues that prevent you from living a normal day to day life.
    Doing it this way may avoid an ATOS medical where they do their level best to pass you as they get a bonus for every one taken off DLA or ESA.
    If you do have an ATOS medical, ask if you can read it before they submit. They may say no, but you have a right to a copy and they cannot refuse this. In the event that you are "rejected" do a "subject Access Request" at a cost of £10 asking for ALL info on your medical issue. They are obliged to concede to this request within 40 days otherwise the Data Commissioner can come down on them like a ton of bricks and invoke a large fine.
    Once you get the documents compare your copy of the medical to the copy that was submitted to the DWP. It is not unknown for ATOS to change details after you have left the room. If there is a descrepancy and you have failed then launch an appeal.
    I hope this helps.

Sorry surfer
    just noticed your reply :roll: :roll: what am I like hey,this is good advise so thank you I did go to the CAB to complete my form, & I am so grateful to them, I wouldn't have known where to start if it was left to me.
    than you once again Sue x