Hello from Songbird

songbird
songbird Member Posts: 13
edited 22. Jun 2010, 15:58 in Say Hello Archive
Hello everyone

This is my first time joining a discussion forum, but, from what I've read, you all seem to be a very welcoming and helpful bunch!

I have severe lumbar spondylosis and osteoarthritis in both hips and right knee. I live alone and struggle to cope with everyday things. I was interested to read that some of you are, or have been, keen gardeners - me too, and I really miss it. I'm also being treated for depression and find that the pain is a big part of that.

I hope I'll be able to find some light relief and support from you folks, and maybe some tips on coping too.

Comments

• trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Songbird

A warm welcome from me.

The people on here are very friendly. I think there are a lot of us who had suffered with depression and it is not nice to have. You will not feel so alone on here.

You will find you wll get a lot of support on here, advice if you need some also tips. If you have any questions it is better to post them on the Living With Arthritis, you will get more replies there.

If you want some light relief then the CChat Forum is the place to go. I see you used to like gardening, well I'm sure you can give lots of advice on there. There are some people on there who are just starting gardening.

Also we have the cafe why don't you pop in and have a cuppa there are always people in there to talk to. You can have anything you like to eat or drink.

Well, I hope to see you post soon, we don't bite, honest.

love Trish xx
  • mummyb
    mummyb Member Posts: 1,231
    Hi Songbird and welcome to the friendliest forum around. Sorry you had to find us but glad that you have (if that makes any sene at all!). The people on here are all friendly but most of all they understand what you might be going through. I've found the support on her fantastic and really inspirational. You can join in as much or as little as you feel, some days I just like to read and see what everyone has been up to, others I like to join in and sometimes I just want to have a rant or a moan. What I've discovered is that it is ok to do any of those things and people have been so supportive either way. I hope you enjoy being part of our group and look forward to getting to know you a bit better through your posts. Welcome, best wishes, Brenda xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello songbird, what a lovely name. Yes, depression does come with the territory, no doubt about it. It's the pain that is the most destructive thing, I think, moreso than the arthritis. That's where the forums come in to play: they take your mind off stuff, or at least divert one's attention. Please post! Many people join and we never hear from them. This is the first thing like this I have ever done - just took a deep breath and plunged in. I am mostly on LWA and CC, thought the others are interesting too for a dip in and out. I hope you are having a reasonable day. Dreamdaisy
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • biddybeth
    biddybeth Member Posts: 45
    songbird wrote:
    Hello everyone

This is my first time joining a discussion forum, but, from what I've read, you all seem to be a very welcoming and helpful bunch!

I have severe lumbar spondylosis and osteoarthritis in both hips and right knee. I live alone and struggle to cope with everyday things. I was interested to read that some of you are, or have been, keen gardeners - me too, and I really miss it. I'm also being treated for depression and find that the pain is a big part of that.

I hope I'll be able to find some light relief and support from you folks, and maybe some tips on coping too.

Hi Songbird. Welcome. You have come to the right place. We all comfort each other, and it's a good place to have a moan, as we all understand the need sometimes. Love, Beth
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Hello Songbird (what a lovely name) and welcome from me too.

I too am a relatively new member of the forum and I'd never joined a forum before either but you will find everyone so friendly and supportive.

I love gardening - I truly belive it is good for the soul so you are in good company there too. You may already have found our virtual garden on the "chit chat" forum. The thread is called "Anyone for Gardening?" and it's a cheerful place to be - plenty of places to sit in the sun with a cuppa from the cafe if you're not up to gardening! And if you are looking for some company, the cafe is a good place to start because you may find there is someone else in there to chat to in "real time".

Please do post Songbird - you will be made very welcome!

Love Tilly x
  • songbird
    songbird Member Posts: 13
    Thank you all very much for your warm words of welcome. It's very comforting to know that I'm not alone. My GP appears to be rather dismissive and uncaring, so it's good to know that I can turn to other sufferers for understanding and support.

Thank you :)
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Songbird

This is my official welcome :D

I've alreday met you on the lWA forum.

Good to have you on board.

LOve

Toni xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Songbird
    A very warm welcome from me has well, you have come to the right place, we all support one another, we have a laugh and a moan, come along to chit chat we are a bit mad but it does help sometimes.
    I hope to see you posting more very soon
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    Hi Songbird,

sorry to hear about your illness im sure the peeps on here who seem really friendly will help lighten the load for you as you know im new too so welcome from me.

Rose x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    hi songbird you can share with us good and bad times welcome so glad to have you val
    val