Stairs

elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 28. Jun 2010, 16:08 in Living with Arthritis archive
Just been to kenilworth for weekend to stay and the house was staying in had about 12 stairs up and down to bathroom/bedroom. My knee now feels like its broken in half......OUCH!!
To make things worse was caught in traffic there on friday afternoon for ages baking.......And just to cap things off had a break up with now ex!!
Roll on July....

Elaine ;-(

Comments

• lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Well your weekend was a bundle of fun wasn't it :roll:

Let's hope the knee settles down soon and the exercise was probably good for your muscles :wink:

Sorry about the break-up, I hope you're not :|

Luv Legs :)
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Ho dear Elaine, it never rains lest it pours. You had a right week end and no denying. I hope you are feeling a wee bit better now, maybe the break up will mend?
    Stairs, well, I avoid them at all costs, or I pay a price too. Sometimes you cannot avoid one or two, but 12 at a time, I would be fit to be tied.
    Sending hugs your way, for good things. Take lots of care,

XXXX Bubbles.
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • only49
    only49 Member Posts: 1,207
    hello

Glad i not the only one that find the stairs painful, just proves how much life is make difficult by stairs, mine is distance walking and stairs and standing too long.

i think when your feeling really sore only thing to do is rest as much as possible, till it settles.

what a horrible weekend you had, only way to look at it at is now it can only get better.

take care
    sylvia :)stern02.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I'm sorry your week-end wasn't that great, let's hope all the dust settles and you can back to your usual self. I do stairs like a three year old, have done for years now. The crutches are a blasted nuisance sometimes! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Elaine, they say things happen in 3's ....

If you go to stay again do steps as DD says the 3 year old way ... or the recovering from an op way - the physios call it "good leg to heaven, bad leg to hell," ie use good leg as the lead leg on each step going up and the bad leg as the lead leg on heach step going down ... it will put less strain on the sore knee.

Mmmm - that kind of driving is hard on joints.

Hope you are either better off single or get back together ... whichever is better for you.

Take care,

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    Hi Elaine

So sorry to hear about your troubles. Obviously I know nothing about your relationship with your ex however if it helps I notice that the break up was the last thing you mentioned to us all therefore sounds like low priority in your life anyway?

Hope you are resting up and letting your knees recover and regarding your break up - remember to let yourself go through the different stages of grieving for it and then dust yourself off, concentrate on yourself and your health and even smile a wee bit :lol:

Thinking positive thoughts for you.
    Carol x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hi, Sorry you've had a rough time, sometimes life seems determined to get you down. Still, it sounds as if you've had your share for a while. Like that horrible song 'Things can only get better' :) .

Good luck for the future, maybe theirs someone waiting round the corner for you ..... :lol:

Love Sue
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Legs

Well the stairs reminded me that even though some people deem me as fit, I know how much of a struggle the stairs are and am happy I live in a bungalow..

Im resting up but being kept busy too....

Stuff happens re breakups dont they.....

Elainex
    lindalegs wrote:
    Well your weekend was a bundle of fun wasn't it :roll:

Let's hope the knee settles down soon and the exercise was probably good for your muscles :wink:

Sorry about the break-up, I hope you're not :|

Luv Legs :)
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi Elaine
    What a weekend.....hope it gets better.
    As for the stairs and the good leg to heaven and bad one to hell
    The good one is the unoperated one {for those of us who have THR} ande the bad one is the operated one....I always thought it should be the other way around
    That is right...isnt it Speedy/Marion
    Love
    Hileena
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Bubbles

Well this is first time have been away for ages and it was just so much hard work, I tried to make an effort and nearly fell down the pesky stairs on numerous occasions....
    The break up is not mendable but my decision.......

Thanks for lovely message...

Elainexx
    bubbles wrote:
    Ho dear Elaine, it never rains lest it pours. You had a right week end and no denying. I hope you are feeling a wee bit better now, maybe the break up will mend?
    Stairs, well, I avoid them at all costs, or I pay a price too. Sometimes you cannot avoid one or two, but 12 at a time, I would be fit to be tied.
    Sending hugs your way, for good things. Take lots of care,

XXXX Bubbles.
  • elainebadknee
    Hi only 49

Well can really say it was worst weekend ive had for an age.....Im just not me, cant do steps or walking/standing.....
    Things will be fine...

Thanks

Elaine
    only49 wrote:
    hello

Glad i not the only one that find the stairs painful, just proves how much life is make difficult by stairs, mine is distance walking and stairs and standing too long.

i think when your feeling really sore only thing to do is rest as much as possible, till it settles.

what a horrible weekend you had, only way to look at it at is now it can only get better.

take care
  • elainebadknee
    Hi

Well yes i always go up and down steps that way, tried conventional way but cant do it.........
    I can only put weekend down to experience..

Elaine
    hileena111 wrote:
    Hi Elaine
    The good one is the unoperated one {for those of us who have THR} ande the bad one is the operated one....I always thought it should be the other way around
    Love
    Hileena
  • elainebadknee
    Well yes can only say got me own style for the stairs not sure how the heck I look.....I'll be fine always am....time is a good healer...

Elaine
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I'm sorry your week-end wasn't that great, let's hope all the dust settles and you can back to your usual self. I do stairs like a three year old, have done for years now. The crutches are a blasted nuisance sometimes! DD
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Speedy

Well i wont have to go back there agian - i managed to get lost in coventry and asked police to help me find my way to m6...felt a rightg idiot....
    I do go up and down steps as you say but even then my bad one felt ultra sore n crunchy....
    Im staying single, got enough to worry about never mind someone else....

Elainexx

quote="speedalong"]Elaine, they say things happen in 3's ....

If you go to stay again do steps as DD says the 3 year old way ... or the recovering from an op way - the physios call it "good leg to heaven, bad leg to hell," ie use good leg as the lead leg on each step going up and the bad leg as the lead leg on heach step going down ... it will put less strain on the sore knee.

Mmmm - that kind of driving is hard on joints.

Hope you are either better off single or get back together ... whichever is better for you.

Take care,

Speedy[/quote]
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    hi next time you go away have a caravan lol sorry it did not all work out but you are a strong person and will be ok we are here if you need us val
    val
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Carol

Well yes has been a downpour really hasnt it...And well i dont mention private stuff too much, dont like to.....Basically im not only disabled but im also gay and its hard findng someone.....All I will say is it were my decision so i live with it.....i can deal with it better than my ex...

I think she forgot i was disabled though she took me places at weekend with no disabled parking n no lifts......guess she thinks im normal.....Im recoupertaing and be fine...

Thanks for message

Elainexx
    carola wrote:
    Hi Elaine

So sorry to hear about your troubles. Obviously I know nothing about your relationship with your ex however if it helps I notice that the break up was the last thing you mentioned to us all therefore sounds like low priority in your life anyway?

Hope you are resting up and letting your knees recover and regarding your break up - remember to let yourself go through the different stages of grieving for it and then dust yourself off, concentrate on yourself and your health and even smile a wee bit :lol:

Thinking positive thoughts for you.
    Carol x
  • elainebadknee
    Hi valval

Well ironically was due to go to cornwall in sept with ex....now seeking refund.....

Youre all lovely on here...thanks tonnes

Elaine
    valval wrote:
    hi next time you go away have a caravan lol sorry it did not all work out but you are a strong person and will be ok we are here if you need us val
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Hi valval

Well ironically was due to go to cornwall in sept with ex....now seeking refund.....

Youre all lovely on here...thanks tonnes

Elaine
    valval wrote:

chris is in cornwall you could have helped with sheep lol .she would have loved that do not know if she has stairs though val
    val
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    hileena111 wrote:
    Hi Elaine
    Love
    Hileena

Hileena - yes the physio's mean good leg - unoperated leg, bad leg - just operated on ... confused me too, because I always think of the recently operated leg as my good one ... the other one is definitely MY bad one ... even more so at the moment - it is really sore and playing up!!

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.