Hospital docs reports.

woodbon
woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
edited 29. Jun 2010, 13:41 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello, I'm back again! I've had a problem with the internet connection, and they have taken a day or two to get it sorted. I now realise just how much I use it, just to find out simple things. When it first went down, I told my husband to send an e-mail to the BT and ask them to check if it was a line fault or our computer. :oops: :lol: Never mind, we still had the phone, so I rang them up, to find out that it isn' t our problem. :wink:

I went to the doctor today and she had given me copies of all the reports the hospital have sent to her. One of the many things they mention is the ulner nerve problem, they say its compressed on both arms, but they want to avoid surgery, as I'm willing to carry on a while. They are thinking of re-testing the nerve conduction test in case it deterates further. They mention the osteoarthritis in my joints, which is also giving me pain. They are still unsure if it is seronegative arthritis, osteo, or both! They want to just keep an eye on things and keep testing before medication changes, if needed. One rheummy said the problems are 'many and complex, but at an early stage'.

I know I sould feel down, reading that, but I don't, I feel glad that I have'nt been making a fuss about nothing. Does that make sense? I do wish I could wake and find it all gone and be able to go back to being well, of course, but that's not going to happen, so it's a question of making the best of things. :wink:
Lots of love Sue xx

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Love the email thing! It's just like us turning up the telly volume to read sub-titles better!

You have had some uncertainty removed, and that is a good thing. It does help to know what you are up against, to try to understand exactly what you are fighting. I hope your relatively good spirits don't slip too much - I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Hi Sue

That sounds like a very positive appointment ... I think it is good for us to see the 'proof' of our pain written down in black and white ... (I have a file with all my copy letters in it and occasionally look through it to reassure myself how much I've improved over the last couple of years!)

..good to see that they have taken you seriously ... ie 'many and complex' -

Best wishes

Marion
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    I find I can cope with something if it has a name better than the not knowing....even if I still have as much pain.LOL That probably sounds silly
    Love
    Hileena
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    hi, we all worry they will say it in our minds, even when we know it real we expect them to say it not lol. so glad you feel happy about it all val
    val
  • annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    Sue,

I know exactly how you feel, you don't want something to be wrong with you but you know you aren't quite right. I am pleased that you are gtting some answers, I hope my appointments are as successful.

Anne
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    I know how you feel, Sue. When I was first diagnosed I was on top of the world for months........just knowing I really was ill made all the difference to me - daft but true.

Annie
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Oh at last Sue! At least you have some written documents. Sorry that you were right, if that makes sense.

Lets hope it will be a turning point for you.

I think the wacky bug is running riot. I put a bedspread in the washer and was trilled that the spin cycle had done such a great job. Until the penny dropped that the washer was unplugged :oops:
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Hi Sue, at least having read the reports you know what you are dealing with and no one can argue with the diagnosis or your symptoms. Uncertainty is hard to deal with, when we know something we can work out how to deal with it/adjust to it.

I know what you mean about missing the internet - last year S and I stayed in a cottage with no internet access ... S had is laptop with him so that he could watch saved video clips ... I kept thinking I could look up tourist info etc ... It is very much a part of life isn't it?

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hi thank, you all for your replies. I feel that I have much more control over things. I feel encouraged to fight this and set myself targets for exercise, nothing too much, just a stroll in sunny lanes. The pain is their still, of course but its not so controlling and I feel letting my husband cook the dinner is justified when I'm tired.

Even if the answers are not straight forward or easy to explain, the doctors are taking it seriously and a some of them ready to help if I need it. Thank you once again, love Sue xxxx
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Hi Sue,

So glad you're getting somewhere, it's so much easier when we know what we're up against and we feel the medical profession are helping us out and taking us seriously.

It's good to know how you're going too especially as you've had some pretty down times lately.

Take care.

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Sue,

really glad your feeling ok with it and understand why you do its a bit like vindication! I do hope they will get round t helping you and maybe start you on some meds to help before they have worked out whats wrong?

When do you next see the rumo? It might be worth asking to be treated as if you have the stereo negative thing as it might help in the mean time?

At least they now have a much better idea whats going on. Luv an a ((( ))) Cris. Oh glad your back and its good to see you again xx
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    Hi Sue

I am loving your positive mindset - you are my inspiration for today! :lol:

I hope relief is found for you pronto and well done on asking for all the reports.

Carol